WIP Map Thread

I'm not sure whether I should post this on the main Map Thread or WIP Map Thread, but here's something I've been working on.

Guess what this is.

View attachment 374068
You jumbled up a ton of countries into continents? Because I think I see Alaska, Antarctica, and New Zealand.
Kind of a weird Silurian Earth?
Sadly, no. That would look like this:

RbbMr90.png

(Algol is awesome)

Work has begun on making a paintbrush-friendly version of the Oronce Fine map.

Yes, that Nile does split and re-merge a couple of times. Oronce had some shaky ideas about how rivers work.

Oronce Fine 1531 k7a crop.png

Deleted member 105545

Yes, that Nile does split and re-merge a couple of times. Oronce had some shaky ideas about how rivers work.

View attachment 374131
Dude, you are a god a this. You should do more (if you feel like it, I don’t want to force you but i’m Already rambling so i’ll Stop for you sake and everyone else’s why am i still going)

View attachment 374131
Let me just say that I'm really enjoying watching all of this. These sorts of maps are in a round about way what got me into alternate history in the first place, so it's really cool to see someone doing this with them.

Sadly, no. That would look like this:

(Algol is awesome)

Not the best palaeogeographic map around unfortunately.

This should be a little better;
420_Ma_Sil_GPT-1.png

Unfortunately, the Algol video you took a screenshot is both naff (no modern borders, shows area exposed above sea-level not continental shelves), and highly dubious in quality for everything before the Cambrian. If you want a better video showing plate tectonics well into the proterozoic, then I'd recommend this;

Not the best palaeogeographic map around unfortunately.

This should be a little better;
420_Ma_Sil_GPT-1.png

Unfortunately, the Algol video you took a screenshot is both naff (no modern borders, shows area exposed above sea-level not continental shelves), and highly dubious in quality for everything before the Cambrian. If you want a better video showing plate tectonics well into the proterozoic, then I'd recommend this;
He has Silurian maps now?

Thanks for the video tips. Haven't seen that one before. Yeah, including Vaalbara and Ur in the same reconstruction is, well, a bit contradictory.

I'm a mapper by origin, so yeah.