WI: Unitarian Argentina in 1820

No, I don't mean the religion :p
In 1820, a major battle broke out in Argentina (or as it was called then, the United Provinces of the Rio de la Plata) over which ideology would predominate in Argentina, at least at that moment.
On one side were the Federalists. They were conservative, somewhat populist and defended autonomy for the Argentine provinces. On the other were the Unitarians, they were classical liberals who defended free trade, were heavily inspired by European ideas of development and defended the centralization of Argentina, with Buenos Aires having more control over the finances of the country and being a more powerful entity within the state.
The Battle of Cepeda was then the logical conclusion to the civil war that had been taking place in the Rio de la Plata since the declaration of independence in 1810. The Unitarians were defeated by the Federalists in the battle and what followed was technically the end of the Argentine state, as caudillos became predominant, each one controlling their own region, and this was only "stabilized" years later.
The Unitarians weren't however the "good guys" (nor were the Federalists) in this battle. They were heavily prejudiced against the interior provinces, seeing them as backwards and uncivilized. José Rondeau, who took the title of "Supreme Director of the United Provinces [...]" , supposedly had monarchist sympathies.
There was another major consequence of this battle beside the destruction of Argentina as a country, and it was that with the defeat of the Unitarians, the liberal-leaning Constitution of 1819 stopped existing. This delayed the crafting of an Argentine constitution, which was followed by a new one in 1826 and finally the 1853 Constitution, that's still in force to this day.
So what would be the consequences of the Unitarians triumphally defeating the Federalists at the Battle of Cepeda? Would we see a stronger Argentine state that would be able to fight Brazil better in the Cisplatine War? Would a Bourbon be crowned King of the United Provinces? Or would it simply delay the Federalist movement's growth in the 1820s?

@minifidel I know you have a wonderful TL about a more prosperous and successful U.P., so I'd like to know what's your opinion on this WI
Thanks for the endorsement!

As for the WI, here's the rub: 1820 was not the beginning, but the end of the battle over how Argentina would be governed. The result of the Battle of Cepeda was the beginning of the Civil War, sure, but it was also the final and irreversible dissolution of the "national" state born from the May Revolution. To put into perspective just how absolute the collapse of the national government was, 1820 is known as "the Anarchy of Year 20" in Argentine history; in other words, 1819-1820 is too late to change the trajectory of the Unitarian cause.

I admit, though, that I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of the 1819-1820 period, both because it was not the focus of my research for my TL and because - when I did eventually try and find sources on the period - there is very, very little good info on the years in question, as a result of the sheer level of unrest and instability in the country. You need a POD earlier in the process, something to close the gap between Buenos Aires and the interior, but the way the Directorate was structured may simply not have had the institutional tools to do so. In a way, the Unitarians were too centralist for a compromise to be reached.

San Martin dies during the liberation of Chile, one of his officers assume command of the army of the Andes. Lavalle perhaps? He was unitarian, dumb but also a brave and good officer I don't know if he was high ranking enough at the time, though.
So when the order to return to Argentina and fight the federalists arrive, the Argentine contingent of the Army of the Andes reverses the crossing of the Andes and, being a professional and well trained army, defeats the federalists. Chile is left to its own devices and it will be up to them and Bolivar to liberate Peru and the Upper Peru. Argentina, at this point, is basically calling quits in the independence war and hoping to free load on someone else on that.
The former Army of the Andes can be the backbone of what's essentially a conquest of the United Provinces by Buenos Aires, but I'm not sure if it can sustained in the long run. For all intents and purposes, the last flare up of the civil war IOTL was Tejedor's uprising in 1879.