WI: The Russo-Japanese War drags on?

In the discussions at Portsmouth in august of 1905, Japan was pushing for Reparations and the exchange of Land (Sakhalin). They were forced to drop the Bid for reparations by the fact the Russians threatened to restart the war.
what if the Japanese had pushed and kept pushing for Reparations?

If I remember correctly the home front of the Russo-Japanese for Japan was on the verge of collapse by the time the war ended OTL. A longer war would be suicidal.

If I remember correctly the home front of the Russo-Japanese for Japan was on the verge of collapse by the time the war ended OTL. A longer war would be suicidal.

Both home fronts were strained. The financial and logistics supports were being stretched. Funding from both Britain and the US to Tokyo was starting to dry up, and the Tsar was facing revolution at home.

The whole thing could've ended with both sides in worse shape and neither of them achieving any real victory.

This is inherently impossible by definition: for this to happen means Theodore Roosevelt's peace conference at Portsmouth failed, and we know that violates a fundamental law of alternate history; i.e., Theodore Roosevelt does not fail. :biggrin:

The war was going to end soon

The russians had depleted the japanese reserves by the end of the war and the japs were also running out of funding, at the same time Russia was under revolution, there is no way to keep the war with the two sides wanting peace

This is inherently impossible by definition: for this to happen means Theodore Roosevelt's peace conference at Portsmouth failed, and we know that violates a fundamental law of alternate history; i.e., Theodore Roosevelt does not fail. :biggrin:
The entire known universe would have vanished into a singularity