WI the Dutch kept New Amsterdam?

Is there even the possibility that New Amsterdam would grow to be at like 1/8th the city New York is today?

The Dutch did have a smaller population to draw colonists from and even with a lot of the inhabitants of Nieuw Nederland not being Dutch would the Dutch have the ambitions to actually support the colony unlike OTL?

The big advantage of New York City is its geographic location. It's no accident it got so big! If the Netherlands plays its cards right (Erie Canal especially), NYC will still be a very important city. Maybe not to the extent as OTL, but far more than 1/8th.

Sandmannius

Banned
It's a pity I cannot find the TL which used this idea...

I think the Dutch used that in our OTL as well actually. ;)

But then again, my memory concerning this subject is kind of hazy, but I am sure that I have come across what you've said before when reading about Dutch history, but then again, the TL you got it from probably got it from OTL Dutch history, so all in all I really have no clue. :p

I think the Dutch used that in our OTL as well actually. ;)

But then again, my memory concerning this subject is kind of hazy, but I am sure that I have come across what you've said before when reading about Dutch history, but then again, the TL you got it from probably got it from OTL Dutch history, so all in all I really have no clue. :p
patroon;)