What if the Báb, that is, the messianic leader of the Babist movement that flourished in Iran in the late 1840's (and later lended inspiration to the Baha'i movement), had somehow miraculously escaped his confinement by Iranian state authorities in Tabriz, in 1850 or so, to later reappear among the side of his companions and lead the Babist revolt from there? With his divine or semi-divine status mostly unchallenged, could the Báb and the revolutionaries who followed him have overthrown the Iranian state?
Overall, it doesn't seem like an impossible challenge for them to overcome the notoriously shoddy armies of the Shah and overthrow the Qajar dynasty. But after the Babists take over Iran, what would they do next? Assuming their political revolution is successful and Iran becomes the world's first Babist state in such a troubled region, what happens from then?

With his divine or semi-divine status mostly unchallenged, could the Báb and the revolutionaries who followed him have overthrown the Iranian state?
Overall, it doesn't seem like an impossible challenge for them to overcome the notoriously shoddy armies of the Shah and overthrow the Qajar dynasty.
I doubt that even with perfect reputation Babists are numerous and popular enough to overthrow shah. And while Qajar army is in quite poor state, they will be enough to defeat poorly organised fanatics + Shia clergy would declare Jihad on Babists and will support Qajars as they could. In most dire situation, I could imagine (though I'm not sure) Russian intervention to crush revold in exchange for territorial and economic concessions from Persia.