WI: Reeve never broke his neck

Let's say Christopher reeve fell off his horse in a way that broke his arm instead of leaving him paralysed.

How does that affect hollywood?

Last edited:
I'm wondering how much of a career he would have had left, even if healthy. As I recall, one of his last pre-injury roles was in The Remains Of The Day, where he played an American diplomat who shows up and lectures the Brits on the changing world. The character's presence in the story was thematically important, but I don't think he had more than a few minutes of screen time.

In the event that Christopher Reeve did not break his neck when he fell off his horse the following would have likely happened.

1. - Reeve would not have died in 2004 and could possibly still living today.
2. - Reeve would have had a longer acting career as he would have been able to take on more acting roles.
3. - Reeve could move towards directing films anyway if that happens you could see him actually directing a Superman film for real.

No remake of Rear Window in '98, which was impressive because Reeve did scenes while being unplugged from his ventilator. He'd have been in the TV film Kidnapped ('95) and he was planning to make his own big screen debut as a director for a film called Tell Me True. He'd also, likely, still be alive today though not the champion of using stem cells as he was in OTL.