WI: Prince Frederick escapes to Britain?

We're all familiar with Frederick the Great of Prussia. And by the modern times, we're all familiar with his homosexuality, and one time he tried to flee to Great Britain with Hans Hermann von Katte. However, they were discovered, and Frederick was forced to watch Katte get executed, only to faint when the blade hit his neck.

What if, Prince Frederick and Katte was able to escape from Prussia to Great Britain? What could possible happen next for the prince, and how his father, King Frederick William I of Prussia would react to his son escaping to Britain? Would this cause an international scandal?

Would he be accepted by his uncle in Britain? They might just send him back to avoid an incident, but on the other hand I don’t know how great Anglo-Prussian relations were are this time, maybe it’s not a given.

If it becomes apparent that he won’t be allowed to stay in Britain, then could ge possibly flee to the Americas? That sounds like a TL if I ever heard one.

As for his personality, he might be much less of a military man without his father’s continued influence on him. He might become fully a statesman and cultural personality, he could still be a great writer.

Political ramifications are of course huge in Prussia, their political trajectory could wildly shift.