So what do you think, what could possibly happen, if Emperor Maximilian is elected as King of Hungary?

For POD, let's say he marries Beatrix of Aragonia, the widow of Matthias and makes a compromise with Matthias's bastard son, John Corvinus, who would become the ban of several Southern banates.

How could things play out? What could happen to Bohemia? More than half of it were in Matthias' possession at the time, he was King of Bohemia as well. Would Maximilian claim that title as well, would he fight for it? Maybe a try to oust Vladislaus from Bohemia Proper, uniting the whole Lands of Crown of St. Wenceslaus?
What about later matters? How would Maximilian's to grandson inherit these realms? And what about the Turks?
Please share with me your thoughts!

It's a interesting timeline. How realistic is it for Maximilian to get the crown of Hungary. Would the hungarian nobles accept him?

It's a interesting timeline. How realistic is it for Maximilian to get the crown of Hungary. Would the hungarian nobles accept him?
Matthias' famous Black Army and its leader Paul Kinizsi were loyal to Beatrix, so if Maximilian is willing to marry her, his positions are cemented regardless of opposition. And if he makes an agreement with John Corvin similar to what OTL Vladislaus made (putting him in charge in the Southern Banates for support), that would make impossible to oppose him.
The only thing what held back the marriage of Maximilian and Beatrix was that Maximilian didn't want to marry anyone at the time. Make him a little wiser in this regard and voila, Maximilian I of Hungary.

That makes it easier. Maximilian was screwd so that agreement could take place. If he can be king of hungary then he'll be willing to wed her.

I don't think Maximilian's policies would be very different compared to OTL, regarding Poland and Western Europe. I think he will try to maintain peaceful relations with the Ottomans as well. During his time, Bohemia would be interesting. What do you think, would he try to unite Bohemia after Vladislaus' death? He would only leave behind an underaged, 10 years old heir, wouldn't be a problem.

I don't know much about Bohemia, but if unifying them is a good way to strengthen his rule, then yes.
Since unifying Bohemia means the Habsburgs gain an electorate vote for themselves, he would probably go for it, but it's not certain. In OTL Maximilian and Vladislaus made a deal, that if the Czech-Hubgarian branch of the Jagiellos dies out, the Habsburgs inherit the throne. To seal this agreement, they even made a double wedding, when Maximilian's granddaughter married Vladislaus' son, while Vladislaus' daughte married Maximilian's younger grandson, Ferdinand. Would Vladislaus still be in such position for this agreement to happen? OTL he had both Hungary and Bohemia, while ITTL he has only the half of Bohemia.

I must admit I'm not a expect in 16th century Hungary. But wouldn't this make the Ottoman conquest of Hungary much more unlikely?

I must admit I'm not a expect in 16th century Hungary. But wouldn't this make the Ottoman conquest of Hungary much more unlikely?
You are right. With the proper financing of the Southern fort system, the Ottomans would have a quite hard time penetrating into Hungary, but they would still try nevertheless, wich would lead to some long and expensive wars in my opinion. The Ottomans could only succeed (partially) in OTL because of some lethal factors:
-Feudal anarchy crippled royal power
-The tax reforms of Matthias were reversed, the revenues were record low
-The illy financed Southern fort system was in terrible shape
-Matthias' professional army was banished
-The barons didn't care about the Turkish threat, didn't aid the king
-The country's biggest peasant revolt in its history and its aftermatch weakened the country as well
-The outbreak of civil war after the battle of Mohács between the two elected kings, Ferdinand Habsburg and John Szapolyai.
With this POD, all of these terrible factors are no more, so Hungary's and danubian Habsburgs' future seems much brighter.

About Bohemias electorial vote: I seem to remember that Matthias had it. So if im right - im quite unsure but cant check it right now - getting his part of Bohemia would mean getting the electorial vote as well.

The battle of mohawks happened because the hungarian nobility didn't want to help Louis II and Mary of Austria in fighting right? At least it was one of the reasons, if I'm correct?

The battle of mohawks happened because the hungarian nobility didn't want to help Louis II and Mary of Austria in fighting right? At least it was one of the reasons, if I'm correct?

It took me a while but I think you mean battle of Mohács? At the time Hungary really had a lot of problems with too powerful nobility. However at this battle they did participate and died in great numbers with the exception of János Szapolyai and his army. Though I dont think much would have changed if they participated.

*facepalm* I sorry, I though that was the name.

I thought that that was the case. If Maximilian can manage the flaws listed up then perhaps the ottomans can't annex Hungary as easily as they did otl?

*facepalm* I sorry, I though that was the name.

I thought that that was the case. If Maximilian can manage the flaws listed up then perhaps the ottomans can't annex Hungary as easily as they did otl?

Im not sure. Stopping Suleiman and his army is... Not impossible but i wouldnt bet my money on Hungary even if you solved all the problems listed above. The challange is to survive the 17th century more or less intact.

The key is Belgrad. If Hungary looses Belgrad it will have to risk open battle if they dont want to give up most of the country. And I dont think they can win an open battle.

Belgrad was the key and major fort of the southern fort system. Its also incredibly important if you want to supply an army marching from the south. If you want to conquer Hungary from the south as Ottomans did than you have to conquer it. Its also important that there werent any major fortifications between Buda and Belgrad.

So as long as Belgrad stands they can raid into Hungary but lasting conquest of large territory is not viable.

In my opinion, Hungary is simply just too far from Constantinople. Making lasting gains without the turmoil in the country would be quite hard even for the Ottomans. Especially, if we are talking about a Habsburg Hungary. By the way Habsburgs, what do you think, how would in this sceniario Charles and Ferdinand divide the empire? Would Charles inherit everything?

In my opinion, Hungary is simply just too far from Constantinople. Making lasting gains without the turmoil in the country would be quite hard even for the Ottomans. Especially, if we are talking about a Habsburg Hungary. By the way Habsburgs, what do you think, how would in this sceniario Charles and Ferdinand divide the empire? Would Charles inherit everything?
Considering the POD is in 1490 they might not having being born. Philip the Fair only married Joanna of Trastamara in 1496. ITTL the attention of Maximilian might shift to diplomatic relations regarding Hungary and Bohemia, and so a Spanish match for his son might not be so interesting. Maybe other candidate for Philip would be Joanna of Naples (a sister of Beatrice) or Barbara Jagiellion (sister of Vladislaus II).

Does that mean that Joanna will be marrying Manuel I of Portugal? Because I'm all for that. I fully support the match between Barbara and Philip in that case.