WI : Eleanor of Aquitaine and Louis VII have a son

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but what would the long term consequences of Eleanor of Aquitaine and Louis VII having a son or sons together. For starters, I know an Angevin Empire probably wouldn't come to pass. I know France ( the Capets) would take Aquitaine much earlier on and would probably centralize a bit earlier. I mean Eleanor brings in the Duchy of Gascony in as well among other territories.

Ultimately, would do you think the large consequences would be for French, European, and eventually World History?

Last edited:
Depending on how early Eleanor gives birth to these royal heirs, how would this effect the civil war between Stephen of Blois and Empress Matilda for the English throne? Louis' sister Constance marries Stephen's son Eustace in OTL 1140, when the war was already underway.

Depending on how early Eleanor gives birth to these royal heirs, how would this effect the civil war between Stephen of Blois and Empress Matilda for the English throne? Louis' sister Constance marries Stephen's son Eustace in OTL 1140, when the war was already underway.
It depends how important Aquitainian forces were. Henry married her in c49 which kicked off some battles in France before Henry invaded England, Eustaces's death, and the peace treaty of 1153 where Stephen adopted Henry as his heir.
Without her Henry might invade sooner, Eustace may or may not die, and the peace would go different.

Eleanor giving birth to opposite sex fraternal twins in 1150 is doable.

It depends how important Aquitainian forces were. Henry married her in c49 which kicked off some battles in France before Henry invaded England, Eustaces's death, and the peace treaty of 1153 where Stephen adopted Henry as his heir.
Without her Henry might invade sooner, Eustace may or may not die, and the peace would go different.
Eleanor married Henry II just after her divorce in 1151

Last edited:
I believe this would have effects on the Reconquista, but i'm not exactly sure how.
It sure would, as Eleanor's daughter Eleanor of England is butterflied out of existence, which in turn butterflies away Blanca and Berenguela of Castile, their sons Louis IX and Fernando III, Richard and John, John's son Henry III, and to say the least, Henry's son Edward and Fernando's daughter Eleanor. Phew...

Here is my idea..
Eleanor of Aquitaine m. Louis VII
-Marie of France b. 1145 m. Raymond Berenguer II of Provence
-Alix of France b. 1148 m. Philip I of Flanders
-Philip II of France b. 1151 m. Matilda of England*
-William XI of Aquitaine b. 1153 m. Beatrice of Swabia
-Henri of France b. 1156 m. Sybilla of Jerusalem
-Constance of France b. 1163 m. Frederick II of Holy Roman Empire

ATL Daughter of Henry II of England.