WI: Edward VI of England survives and marries Elisabeth of Valois

What if Edward VI lived to marry Elisabeth of Valois and Isabella and Catherine were his children. I’d imagine that if Elisabeth died as she did OTL, Edward would get a second wife.

Isabella and Catherine
They’d likely be called Jane (in honour of Edward VI’s Mother) and Elizabeth (in honour of Elisabeth de Valois and Elizabeth of York.

If she dies when she does in OTL, he will remarry, a Danish Princess would be ideal, or Mary, Queen of Scots if she is available and without a son. England will be more Presbyterian/Calvinist leaning since Edward VI agreed with a lot of their ideas.

Elizabeth Tudor will probably be married off to a foreign Protestant ruler, so Denmark or some German Duchy. Mary Tudor would be lucky to be made a minor maid, though she could be locked up in the Tower too.

They’d likely be called Jane (in honour of Edward VI’s Mother) and Elizabeth (in honour of Elisabeth de Valois and Elizabeth of York.

If she dies when she does in OTL, he will remarry, a Danish Princess would be ideal, or Mary, Queen of Scots if she is available and without a son. England will be more Presbyterian/Calvinist leaning since Edward VI agreed with a lot of their ideas.

Elizabeth Tudor will probably be married off to a foreign Protestant ruler, so Denmark or some German Duchy. Mary Tudor would be lucky to be made a minor maid, though she could be locked up in the Tower too.
If your looking for a Danish Princess, perhaps Anne, Electress of Saxony or Dorothea, Duchess of Brunswick-Luneberg.

James I would have been two when Elisabeth died.

Mary during 1547-1553 in OTL stayed on her own estates far away from court, so I don't think she will be made a court maid, let alone come anywhere near court. The Tower is a possibility, but as long as she keeps her Catholicism to herself and stays in Beaulieu, she should be fine.
If your looking for a Danish Princess, perhaps Anne, Electress of Saxony or Dorothea, Duchess of Brunswick-Luneberg.

Anna of Denmark was already married to Augustus in 1548, so she's taken. Dorothea became duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg in 1561, so there's still time for her. Other potential second wives could include MQOS, as RedKing stated, or one of the numerous German ducal princesses floating around at this time.

They’re off the cards when Edward VI will start looking for a second bride (as @LadyPseudonym ) pointed out, though butterflies could keep them alive and make them available for him.
I see, though butterflies! Plus child mortality was fairly high back then, soo... Edward VI can always hope.
Mary during 1547-1553 in OTL stayed on her own estates far away from court, so I don't think she will be made a court maid, let alone come anywhere near court. The Tower is a possibility, but as long as she keeps her Catholicism to herself and stays in Beaulieu, she should be fine.
Ah I see, she’s best off staying there then and maybe having a brief romance with one or two noblemen or Knights.

Other potential second wives could include MQOS, as RedKing stated, or one of the numerous German ducal princesses floating around at this time.
Agreed, if she’s unmarried when Edward VI starts looking for a second wife, she’s going to be chosen as his bride (assuming he can get his hands on her).

They’re off the cards when Edward VI will start looking for a second bride (as @LadyPseudonym ) pointed out, though butterflies could keep them alive and make them available for him.

I see, though butterflies! Plus child mortality was fairly high back then, soo... Edward VI can always hope.

Ah I see, she’s best off staying there then and maybe having a brief romance with one or two noblemen or Knights.

Agreed, if she’s unmarried when Edward VI starts looking for a second wife, she’s going to be chosen as his bride (assuming he can get his hands on her).
In 1568, Mary had married James Hepburn a year earlier

True, but then again that could be butterflied, or heck Edward VI could claim the marriage is illegitimate because [insert reason]. If MQOS is not available then Edward VI will likely marry a Danish, Swedish or German Princess.

I kept thinking that Elisabeth died in 1560 for some reason...if Edward remarries in 1568-1570 period the brides are going to be at least ten years younger. Marie Eleonore of Cleves, I think, would be a good choice-very Lutheran, and she's 18, and only married in 1573 so she's still available, and it also puts their heirs in line for Julich-Cleves-Berg. Assuming Edward is fine with a Catholic bride like Elisabeth was(assuming she didn't convert), that opens up the options a lot more, like the Medici girls in Florence. Anna de'Medici, daughter of Cosimo could survive infancy and bring a massive dowry to England.

So we are saying, lets give Edward a death of 1578.

By Elisabeth of Valois
  1. Jane, Queen of England and Ireland (b. 1566. d. 1633)
  2. Princess Elizabeth (b. 1567. d. 1597) m. ?
By Marie-Eleonore of Cleves
  1. Princess Margaret (b. 1576. d. 1625), Duchess Consort of Prussia and Electress Consort of Brandenbrug

So we are saying, lets give Edward a death of 1578.

By Elisabeth of Valois
  1. Jane, Queen of England and Ireland (b. 1566. d. 1633)
  2. Princess Elizabeth (b. 1567. d. 1597) m. ?
  1. Princess Margaret (b. 1576. d. 1625), Duchess Consort of Prussia and Electress Consort of Brandenbrug
Assuming MQOS gets overthrown as in OTL Jane could marry James VI of Scotland, resulting in an alt union of the crowns.

By Elisabeth of Valois
  1. Jane, Queen of England and Ireland (b. 1566. d. 1633) m. James VI of Scotland (m. 1589. d. 1625)
  1. Henry, Prince of Wales (b. 1594. d. 1612)
  2. Elizabeth, Queen of Bohemia (b. 1596. d. 1662)
  3. Princess Mary (b. 1598. d. 1600)
  4. Charles I, King of Great Britain (r. 1625-? in Scotland, 1633-? in England and Ireland)
  5. Prince Edward (b. 1602. d. 1602)
  6. Princess Jane (b. 1605. d. 1607)
  7. Princess Sophia (b. 1607. d. 1607)
  1. Princess Elizabeth (b. 1567. d. 1597) m. ?
So would the English Civil War still happen? And what about a husband for Princess Elizabeth, daughter of Edward VI?