Who Will Speak For England? - A Slice-of-Life From the English Parliament

Ok and now I'm finished and this is remarkable @BrotherSideways, incredibly refreshing and interesting to read and one of the best TLs I've read in a long time! I'm honoured and inspired that I could even influence such a marvellous and introspective piece of writing!

I could hardly contain my aaaaaas in that last chapter, but it all makes sense following the progression of the various characters, even as it pains me to see England dominated by the English Democrats... I must say I've also been taken recently with this idea of "the normies" as quietly political if scornful of politics itself, and I think it works a lot in conjunction with Goodhart's theories about "Somewheres and Anywheres", though like you despite loving the land I'm from, I think most of the "silent majority" of English people would loathe a lot of the things I believe in...

But anyway, a fantastic TimeLine and something you should be beyond proud of!

Sideways

Donor
Ok and now I'm finished and this is remarkable @BrotherSideways, incredibly refreshing and interesting to read and one of the best TLs I've read in a long time! I'm honoured and inspired that I could even influence such a marvellous and introspective piece of writing!

I could hardly contain my aaaaaas in that last chapter, but it all makes sense following the progression of the various characters, even as it pains me to see England dominated by the English Democrats... I must say I've also been taken recently with this idea of "the normies" as quietly political if scornful of politics itself, and I think it works a lot in conjunction with Goodhart's theories about "Somewheres and Anywheres", though like you despite loving the land I'm from, I think most of the "silent majority" of English people would loathe a lot of the things I believe in...

But anyway, a fantastic TimeLine and something you should be beyond proud of!

Thanks for this man

I think one of the best things about contributing stuff to this site is that we're blessed with an intelligent readership. Comments, conversations and other stories make me think and I hope to sometimes pay that back.

Which is a nice way of saying thanks for not minding me writing that one of your characters was probably sexton someone

Thanks for this man

I think one of the best things about contributing stuff to this site is that we're blessed with an intelligent readership. Comments, conversations and other stories make me think and I hope to sometimes pay that back.

Which is a nice way of saying thanks for not minding me writing that one of your characters was probably sexton someone
Yeah it's definitely fantastic to have people there to critique and discuss your work at every stage as you write it :)

And haha that's ok ;) who knows, maybe he was [furiously amends the reboot drafts]

Seriously though this was great, and very inspiring. The kind of spice of life style has certainly set a lot of cogs whirring in my brain... whether they come to anything or not remains to be seen, but still.

Bulldoggus

Banned
So, I'd like to whip this into a League Ladder-type format (with some modified crests, perhaps), but I have a preview of my soccer-based work.

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 12.40.12 PM.png

Sideways

Donor
Hi beautifuls.

I'm not going to pretend I don't miss this forum a lot, but I barely have time to keep up with the SeaLion Press lot these days and... I think I sold my soul to @Meadow or something?

If you enjoyed this story, you can find additional scenes including a bit with Alice's mum, in the published version which Lord Roem has designed the cover for.

41r4sptnEAL.jpg

Oooh pretty! And it's got my new name on! Very wow.

I'm also working on a story about climate apocalypse over in SLP which I should probably start cross posting. It's the first thing I've written since my real life changing year began, and it makes me remember what wonderful intelligent commentary we get on this site. I hope to see you all around!