Who could have gotten a third term?

He only died so early OTL because he drank and smoked himself to death out of spite due to losing the Presidency. If he doesn't do that, he could probably have lived to the late '70s, maybe early '80s if he was really lucky.
Given his heart history, another term with the stresses of Vietnam and Social unrest, as well as an economy that was winding down could also do him in.

By '75, sure, it could. But I doubt he'd've died in office.

Even in OTL Johnson died in 1973 so surely his health problems and stress over Vietnam would kill him before '72 election. Presidency is not very light office.

By '75, sure, it could. But I doubt he'd've died in office.
Going back to the 19th century, I think Ulysses Grant could have served a third term. He was popular (the bad rep didn't really emerge until much later) and many Republicans urged him to seek the nomination in '76.

Even in OTL Johnson died in 1973 so surely his health problems and stress over Vietnam would kill him before '72 election. Presidency is not very light office.
He died in '73 because he drank and smoked himself to death out of spite. He could have lasted a few more years, probably.

What does the law say about Ford? Could he had served his term, won in 1976, and won again in 1980?

Reagan was 77 in 1988. I wonder if he would have relished the thought of being President at the age of 81. Along similar lines I have the impression that Eisenhower was sick of the job by the time he left.

Even if there are no issues (heath, otherwise), I don't see President breaking the 3 term tradition. President Reagan respected(revered) the history of the office (as Sen. McCarthy stated in 1980, "Governor Reagan is the first candidate since President Truman to recognize the difference between the man and office of President"). Even if a processor had (after FDR) had run/won three(3) type, I'd see President Reagan refusing to run, citing President Washington.

President Reagan respected(revered) the history of the office (as Sen. McCarthy stated in 1980, "Governor Reagan is the first candidate since President Truman to recognize the difference between the man and office of President"). Even if a processor had (after FDR) had run/won three(3) type, I'd see President Reagan refusing to run, citing President Washington.

I'm sure Reagan respected the office of the presidency, but so didn't FDR. Or Grant and TR for that matter. Also, Reagan's respect for the presidency didn't seem to prevent him from embroiling his executive branch in one of the most odious scandals in US political history with the Iran-Contra affaiir...