What's you favorite Shattered Union Faction?

What is your Favorite Shattered Union Faction?

• Total voters
Now I know that the world of Shattered Union is very ASB, but that doesn't stop it from being an interesting world. So naturally, I just want to know what everyone's favorite faction is.

And, multiple choices/favorites are allowed.;)

Last edited:

VT45

Banned
I never played the game, but New England. It is my home and native land, after all!

Been trying to play it but I can't get my 360 upgraded for backwards compatibility. So I'm going to have to go with the Great Plains Federation.

I am thinking of getting this game, and I would be interested in hearing the opinions of those who have it.

I am thinking of getting this game, and I would be interested in hearing the opinions of those who have it.

ASB background (but that really doesn't matter much) with an AI that is none the brightest. Play on medium difficulty for optimal experience. Fighting it out on American soil is a refreshing change from Europe and the Middle East. Airstrikes are fun; finding out that the AI has two AA units hidden in the shadows isn't.

This sounds like my kind of game, by which i mean "not another stinkin' RTS". I likes me some turn-based tactical fightin'.

My top choices are the Great Plains Federation and Pacifica. I could see going for a bit of partisan activity in EU or Russian occupied territory. Just in game-play style, i think Texas sounds good, but not New England or Dixie. I'd probably try EU for the challenge. And they have the Marder!

I think a nice addition to this game (looked at strategically, i don't know how well this would work in the game) would be to include Canada and upper Mexico. Have a little bit of spillover conflict, run for the neutral border when beat up, and try to keep them neutral. There's danger of adding another enemy, but maybe some potential for expansion for the imperially minded.

Some links for those who, like me, aren't familiar with this game:
a B/W copy of the manual
Flags!
The Map!
Saint's FAQ
Wikipedia
seems to be a bunch of screenshots

New England, just because it's easy to take out the EU in about 3 or 4 turns, than play divide and conquer.

And I also enjoy airstrikes. And I also hate those hidden AA units...

I think a nice addition to this game (looked at strategically, i don't know how well this would work in the game) would be to include Canada and upper Mexico. Have a little bit of spillover conflict, run for the neutral border when beat up, and try to keep them neutral. There's danger of adding another enemy, but maybe some potential for expansion for the imperially minded.

Personally, important figures and war goals would've been great. Ex: Confederacy must conquer Texas and control the Shenandoah region until turn X, California must control the West Coast by turn Y, Texas must control all oil refineries by turn Z. Oh, and the ability to force enemy surrender and have the option of integrating their forces into yours.

Game was good. With a little bit of tweaking, it could've been awesome.

Personally, important figures and war goals would've been great. Ex: Confederacy must conquer Texas and control the Shenandoah region until turn X, California must control the West Coast by turn Y, Texas must control all oil refineries by turn Z. Oh, and the ability to force enemy surrender and have the option of integrating their forces into yours.

Game was good. With a little bit of tweaking, it could've been awesome.

I for one definitely agree with the above. I would love it if Canada and Mexico could of been involved. That way, you can have factions such as Free Quebec or Atzlan...but I'm just blabbing now.

The Game's main problem was that it came out right when the original X-Box was on its deathbed. I would pay anything for a remake of this game.

Still, a remake would have to have a better setting. (Such as a far more Dystopian North America in the 2020s/30s.) At least, that way you could have a more active China/Russia involved in the Game.

Technically, Canada is there, in the Ohio Valley and New York regions. Most you can do is send an air unit over there.

Looking at the screenshots, I am reminded of Panzer General.

Is any effort made to make the combat realistic, or is it strictly abstract?

My friends and I bought and played this game when it was first released. We all returned it 5 hours later because the game was complete and utter shite. After which we had a day long session with FEAR.