s-l640 (1).jpg

This is a pic I stole off google but today at Goodwill I picked up the 1978 US War Machine Encyclopedia for $1. Lemme tell ya, it SCREAMS Pinnacle Future aesthetic. It's that classic post-Nam Woodland Camo era with specifics on all the weapons, vehicles, chain of command and more. It's great.

View attachment 702981

This is a pic I stole off google but today at Goodwill I picked up the 1978 US War Machine Encyclopedia for $1. Lemme tell ya, it SCREAMS Pinnacle Future aesthetic. It's that classic post-Nam Woodland Camo era with specifics on all the weapons, vehicles, chain of command and more. It's great.
For a moment there, I thought the left picture was Tom Cruise in Top Gun and it threw me for a loop.

This is peak Cokie right here.

I'd like to hear a little more about what that is. I guess it's different from a church?

I see the BU is feeling particularly Oceanian today.
The bottom also felt like Warhammer 40,000 and the Inquisition, which makes sense considering this is the Warhammer 40,000 of timeline project (Grimdark but still keeps your interest well, very large, very good).

Daythink: Crimethinkful ownlife doubleplusungood--duckspeak bellyfeel doubleplusgood, Onego goall. Upsub Uncle Winnie! Upsub NatPar! Crimethink ungood, oldthink doublepluscrimethinkful, doubleplusungood! Fullwise upsub NatPar! Fullwise upsub RepUnAm!

Well, now I have to give a proper Britannic answer. :D

From the Britannic Broadcasting Corporation, a new documentary - A Very Britannic Holiday: Festive Celebrations of Cromwellsmas Throughout The Decades (Purespeak Translation Forthcoming).

victorian-christmas-family-group.jpg

As you can see from the low quality of the photograph, dear viewer, this picture was taken in the late 1800s - after the Revolution that brought the truths of Fundamentalism to our island home and scoured it of the usurping monarchist running-dogs, but before Director Churchill and Patriot-Saint Ramsay restored the unity of the home of our Anglo-Saxon race. In it, a proud functionary of our proletarian fascist democracy stands in gentle embrace with his wife and solidarity with his children before a Victory Shrub, commemorating both the fluids of Britannic heroes past and the National Purification brought forth by the Revolution - sponsored, of course, by our generous American benefactors over the pond. The tradition of the Victory Shrub, naturally, hearkens back to ancient Pinnacle celebrations of midwinter by our Germanic ancestors, and was revived in the days following the Revolution when our glorious forebearers discovered a fine spruce fir in the palace of the Traitor-Queen, which they took as a totem of our victory over the Bonapartist efforts to sap our fluids and transmogrify us into a servant race - an effort doomed to failure both by our own wills, and by the forces of our Pinnacle brothers-in-arms, who rendered aid to their Britannic kinfolk and in so doing hastened our liberation from Irish-Europan-type genetic sabotage. Now, every Cromwellsmas, we rally around the Shrub as our forebearers did the flag and our fathers did NatPar in the glorious unification of the Pinnacle peoples of our Union, channelling the essence of that most glorious of Britons as the Americans do with their own forefathers.

98976609977140d21641f814f10a2629.jpg

Here we see a colour-restored photograph of two recently orphaned converts from the defunct creed of Anglicanism to the Church of Britannia in the Great War, praying before the Victory Shrub of their local Sin Reduction Zone so as to maximise the worth of their prayers in the eyes of Jehovah Almighty. Beneath it, as was custom at the time before the invention of the Penitence Sales that transfer such useless apparatuses and the sin they contain to NatPar families equipped to withstand their spiritual torments, they leave their most frivolous possessions behind as tribute to Jehovah. It is believed that such acts of soul-cleansing piety - in addition to the generosity of our American allies - did much to fortify the fluids of our sceptred isles and aid in the reclamation of Ulster, as Jehovah rewarded our communal sacrifice with the restoration of Ulster to our Anglo-Saxon fatherland and the Pinnacle Race as a whole. The doll, and all other effects deposited, were duly burned, and while the children did cry in the moment, their immortal souls were surely saved by their hard but necessary sacrifice that day.

gas-masks.jpeg

While it is always important to focus on the family - that miniscule yet all-important organelle of the Pinnacle Race - at this time of year, we would be doing our viewers a disservice if we neglected the romantic side of Cromwellmas tradition. Here we see two settler lovers, properly masked as was regulation at the time, in gentle embrace at the height of the chemical warfare campaign employed by the ruthless papist bastards of Ireland following the eviction and purification of a previously paddy household, dancing the night away in quiet defiance of the Infee Tyrant doing his best to stamp out the presence of our freedom loving Pinnacle race in Ulster. Truly a scene to warm the fluids, eh?

Well, that's all for tonight - tune in next week for another segment of A Very Britannic Holiday, and a merry Cromwellsmas to you from all of us here at the BBC!

Thought For The Day: An open mind is like an open wound - the closed mind is like a healthy body. Where one goes, so shall the other with all due swiftness.
TUNNING SIGNAL...
WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
AT DECEMBER 24, 1986 TODAY,
THE NBN WAS HIJACKED BY MARXIST TERRORISTS
WE, AT THE NETWORK DO NOT UPHOLD SUCH RACIST NONSENSE
REMEMBER THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE PINNACLE RACE,
THERE IS ONLY BRITANNIA
YOUR DAILY PROGRAM WILL RESUME SHORTLY
REPORT ANY HINT OF SYMPATHY TOWARDS THE SHOW TO YOUR NEAREST THOUGHT POLICE
HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Last edited:
This is peak Cokie right here.

I'd like to hear a little more about what that is. I guess it's different from a church?

The bottom also felt like Warhammer 40,000 and the Inquisition, which makes sense considering this is the Warhammer 40,000 of timeline project (Grimdark but still keeps your interest well, very large, very good).
Daythink: Crimethinkful ownlife doubleplusungood--duckspeak bellyfeel doubleplusgood, Onego goall. Upsub Uncle Winnie! Upsub NatPar! Crimethink ungood, oldthink doublepluscrimethinkful, doubleplusungood! Fullwise upsub NatPar! Fullwise upsub RepUnAm!

1) Sort of? Wanted to go for the vibe of the state atheism of Oceania while fitting it in with TTL's fascist fundamentalism, so decided it'd be a fun take for the BU to extend its materialist/dirty 30s vibe right down to their fundamentalism, treating even their religion like some bizarrely specific and grotesque quota - "Sixty purifications by Monday, Colleague-Patriot Jones, or I find a new regional director for the spiritual and fluidic fortification of Birmingham, understood?" (note: substituting colleague for comrade on similar grounds to BU's Not-Christmas being Cromwellsmas rather than Patriot Saints' Day)

To be more specific, Sin Reduction Zones were designed, like most things in the BU, to accomplish two distinct purposes at once: to gain Jehovah's favour, unite the nation and stiffen its nerves through shared sacrifice, and to give the elites a mechanism through which to demonstrate their status and fuck with their rivals. I like to imagine there was a huge arms race of who could burn the most pre-revolutionary antiques before NatPar stepped in and organised an fundraiser instead :D.

Penitence Sales are their successor, and far more aimed at the Dregs and their social class, trapping them in something ironically like the indulgence scam the Catholic Church ran before the Reformation - only this time, it's hideously statistical, isn't a one-and-done thing, and is directly aimed at sapping that class of any surplus cash to prevent them challenging the elites of NatPar.

2) Both went into it, yeah - thought it especially fitting since WH40K is a British franchise IOTL. On another note, thought the focus on physical and mental hygiene would be very in character for a country at the heart of very dirty anthrax leaks/chemical weapon campaigns, so take that as you will.

3) Yup. :p

View attachment 702981

Have you considered integrating early 80s stuff into the Pinnacle Future? 1980 to 1983/4 was the main transition point between the 70s and the 80s. Terminator is a great example of this, as while it was made in the 80s it still keeps around that retrofuturistic feel of the 70s. You could also try and incorporate early anime films such as Akira into the mix as well; weapons back then in anime were essentially post-Nam style tanks and aircraft but drastically over designed into futuristic forms (just look at the fucking spider tank with all the buttons inside it).

TUNNING SIGNAL...
WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
AT DECEMBER 24, 1986 TODAY,
THE NBN WAS HIJACKED BY MARXIST TERRORISTS
WE, AT THE NETWORK DO NOT UPHOLD SUCH RACIST NONSENSE
REMEMBER THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE PINNACLE RACE,
THERE IS ONLY BRITANNIA
YOUR DAILY PROGRAM WILL RESUME SHORTLY
REPORT ANY HINT OF SYMPATHY TOWARDS THE SHOW TO YOUR NEAREST THOUGHT POLICE
HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

NatPar fulltrue.
AnteHateWeek, today,
Unpeople malquote MiniTru
Minitru rectify ungood malquote.
Malquote doubleplusungood!
Brittania fulltrue. Brittania doubleplusgood!
Truespeak dayorder today.
Say crimethink seed thinkpol. Thinkpol doubleplusgood!
Uncle Winnie doubleplusgood! NatPar fullwise doubleplusgood!

RULE BRITTANIA!

NatPar fulltrue.
AnteHateWeek, today,
Unpeople malquote MiniTru
Minitru rectify ungood malquote.
Malquote doubleplusungood!
Brittania fulltrue. Brittania doubleplusgood!
Truespeak dayorder today.
Say crimethink seed thinkpol. Thinkpol doubleplusgood!
Uncle Winnie doubleplusgood! NatPar fullwise doubleplusgood!

RULE BRITTANIA!
Whatever you say, Pinnacle Brits.

View attachment 702981

I have this, but it's the late 1980s edition. Might try and send you a scan if I can find it

1) Sort of? Wanted to go for the vibe of the state atheism of Oceania while fitting it in with TTL's fascist fundamentalism, so decided it'd be a fun take for the BU to extend its materialist/dirty 30s vibe right down to their fundamentalism, treating even their religion like some bizarrely specific and grotesque quota - "Sixty purifications by Monday, Colleague-Patriot Jones, or I find a new regional director for the spiritual and fluidic fortification of Birmingham, understood?" (note: substituting colleague for comrade on similar grounds to BU's Not-Christmas being Cromwellsmas rather than Patriot Saints' Day)
My version of Brittania, however, is led under a non-dumb Ringo Starr Richard Stark and ITTL Marxism and the AFC is banned from Britainnia. It pulls the worse from 1970’s Britain, exaggerates it, and mixes it with 1984’s features, to become what it is. It has cut ties with the League ever since the Direct Rule plan being revealed to the public. It is a *deep breath* Totalitarian Fascist Orwellian Despotic Egalitarian Oligarchy. There is the usual 1984 styled surveillance and the unspoken rule of doublespeak, and no talk of dissent against the government. There is a curfew after 9:30, and anyone who would go outside during the curfew will get shot. The buildings in London are like a lighter version of Burton’s Gotham, narrow space between the buildings and the architecture is a nightmarish mix of Georgian, and British Gothic. Racism is discouraged by the government but there are still racial tensions in the Briton communities. Homosexuality is allowed too.

Remember, lads, Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is.”

Last edited:
Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered but what do Catholic countries celebrate for Christmas? IIRC Christmas is significantly less popular in the rest of the world due to it’s pagan influences.

Catholics are still very much celebrating Christmas. The only places in what was/is the Christian World that don't are a swathe of the League of Nations members and the Illuminists. Even the Cokies celebrate Xmas. The Yankees and the Loomies are the ones with hatred for the jollies.

Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered but what do Catholic countries celebrate for Christmas? IIRC Christmas is significantly less popular in the rest of the world due to it’s pagan influences.
I think Papists have Christmas for they's unwarmful time's feastday. I think only doubleplus rightwise faithful lands in Lon are Christmasfree.

I think Catholics [still] have Christmas for their winter holiday. I think only very right good faithful lands in the League of Nations are free from Christmas.

EDIT: Would the Germans or Dutch have anything like Newspeak?

I think Papists have Christmas for they's unwarmful time's feastday. I think only doubleplus rightwise faithful lands in Lon are Christmasfree.

I think Catholics [still] have Christmas for their winter holiday. I think only very right good faithful lands in the League of Nations are free from Christmas.

EDIT: Would the Germans or Dutch have anything like Newspeak?

I hate how instantly I understood everything lol. Newspeak is more just a funny gag confined to Britannia as a tribute to Dystopia Daddy Orwell.

I considered radically altering the path of American English at the beginning of the TL, but decided it would be to much hassle. Just imagine them sounding incredibly weird. I have given them a certain dialectic that is deliberately unsettling and/or gross. "Baconpigs," "Panamanian Mudslides," etc. It's just uncomfortable. lol

To be more specific, Sin Reduction Zones were designed, like most things in the BU, to accomplish two distinct purposes at once: to gain Jehovah's favour, unite the nation and stiffen its nerves through shared sacrifice, and to give the elites a mechanism through which to demonstrate their status and fuck with their rivals. I like to imagine there was a huge arms race of who could burn the most pre-revolutionary antiques before NatPar stepped in and organised an fundraiser instead :D.

Penitence Sales are their successor, and far more aimed at the Dregs and their social class, trapping them in something ironically like the indulgence scam the Catholic Church ran before the Reformation - only this time, it's hideously statistical, isn't a one-and-done thing, and is directly aimed at sapping that class of any surplus cash to prevent them challenging the elites of NatPar.

2) Both went into it, yeah - thought it especially fitting since WH40K is a British franchise IOTL. On another note, thought the focus on physical and mental hygiene would be very in character for a country at the heart of very dirty anthrax leaks/chemical weapon campaigns, so take that as you will.

3) Yup. :p
My version of Brittania, however, is led under a non-dumb Ringo Starr Richard Stark and ITTL Marxism and the AFC is banned from Britainnia. It pulls the worse from 1970’s Britain, exaggerates it, and mixes it with 1984’s features, to become what it is. It has cut ties with the League ever since the Direct Rule plan being revealed to the public. It is a *deep breath* Totalitarian Fascist Orwellian Despotic Egalitarian Oligarchy. There is the usual 1984 styled surveillance and the unspoken rule of doublespeak, and no talk of dissent against the government. There is a curfew after 9:30, and anyone who would go outside during the curfew will get shot. The buildings in London are like a lighter version of Burton’s Gotham, narrow space between the buildings and the architecture is a nightmarish mix of Georgian, and British Gothic. Racism is discouraged by the government but there are still racial tensions in the Briton communities. Homosexuality is allowed too.

Remember, lads, Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is. Britannia Is. Stark Is.”
Where are these two Britannia in the Expanded Universe thread?

It's weird I haven't found them yet, since I used to browse a lot that thread.