The official reasoning for the fall of the Pinnacle Man, as according to the Divinely Inspired Wisdom of Scientific Marxism, is that the Romans and Greeks mixed with racially impure peoples, likely in their lore North African/Persian as well as Celts and tribal Spanish peoples in the specific case of Rome. This degenerated their racial stock. It was further degraded by the Hunnic and Turkic invasions of Europe. I could also see a justification that the Byzantine invasion of Italy "brought already horrifically degenerated Greek strains in contact with the last of the pure Romans, ending their race forever." So basically, unrestrained race mixing and Asian invasions destroyed the Pinnacle Man. I don't see NUSA taking in any refugees or doing anything like that with the native populations, unless you have pure Better descent and can prove it (lots of Germans in Brazil and I could see "pure Blacks" being fine).
Exploring the twisted historiography of the Union as seen through the lens of its bizzare racial theories sounds really interesting to me lol. Trying to write an extras thread piece that’s an in-universe American “Research” Paper on the Fall of Rome is something I could imagine being very fun.

Last edited:
Exploring the twisted historiography of the Union as seen through the lens of its bizzare racial theories sounds really interesting to me lol. Trying to write an extras thread piece that’s an in-universe American “Research” Paper on the Fall of Rome is something I could imagine being very fun.
Those damn inferior Germans and English came into degenerate and corrupt the Roman and Italian Betters...Wait a minute isn't that supposed to be the other way around?
-Some Union Historian probably

Those damn inferior Germans and English came into degenerate and corrupt the Roman and Italian Betters...Wait a minute isn't that supposed to be the other way around?

Funnily enough, Himmler was obsessed with proving the superiority of an Ancient Aryan Germanic race. He sponsored a pseudoscientific mysticist archaeological organization called Ahnenerbe to support the idea. It got to the point where even Hitler had a more realistic opinion.
Why do we call the whole world's attention to the fact that we have no past? It isn't enough that the Romans were erecting great buildings when our forefathers were still living in mud huts; now Himmler is starting to dig up these villages of mud huts and enthusing over every potsherd and stone axe he finds. All we prove by that is that we were still throwing stone hatchets and crouching around open fires when Greece and Rome had already reached the highest stage of culture. We really should do our best to keep quiet about this past. Instead Himmler makes a great fuss about it all. The present-day Romans must be having a laugh at these relegations.

— Adolf Hitler*

Nazi mysticism is actually a pretty fascinating topic:

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Germanic_Reich#cite_note-speer2-31

I was thinking something more like the Germanic Invasions of Italy, North Africa, Spain, ect. during the Great Migration being viewed as a result of the racial degradation of the once-Pinnacle Blooded Romans, where the still purely Pinnacle Ostrogoths and Visigoths, Lombards, ect established themselves as rulers over the degenerated Romans with the cooperation of those few still remaining of Pinnacle Blood, but the “already horrifically degenerated” Byzantines destroyed their efforts in the Gothic War and their reconquest of North Africa from the Vandals. From there, the Lombards when they established their rule over Italy after conquering it from the Byzantines are seen as attempting to establish something similar, but being largely unable to as the Byzantine invasion of Italy and the Plague of Justinian had already wiped out most of the last of the Pinnacle Blooded people in the region, and the Lombards ended up being conquered by Charlemagne and the Visigoths in Iberia began to degenerate without the presence of a Pinnacle ruled Italy and North Africa, resulting in them being conquered by the Umayyad’s, and the full Infeeization of Iberia and Italy.

There would likely be some debate on when the Byzantines became “fully Infeeized”, with some saying it was fully complete by the time of the Gothic War and some saying that the process was still ongoing at that time and that Justinian and the rulers of the Byzantines were still of Pinnacle Blood but ruling a population which had already had large parts of it become degraded, and their arrogance in wasting resources fighting fellow Pinnacle Men and destroying the Ostrogothic and Visigothic Kingdoms, and making use of Infee forces like Slavic cavalry against fellow Pinnacle men (like when Justinian sent 1,600 cavalry mosty made up of Antes and Slavs to help Belisarius during the invasion of Italy), instead of focusing on fighting the “Infee” Persians and Slavs, led to them losing god’s favor, which caused the Plague of Justinian and left their frontiers vulnerable, leading to the Arab conquests and the Slavic migrations into the Balkans, which together with things like the settling of various Slavic Groups in depopulated areas of Asia Minor and the Balkans by various Byzantine Emperors led to the last Pinnacle Greeks becoming fully inferior.

I think one of the reasons they’d say that Anglo-Saxons are so Pinnacle is that Roman troops had already been withdrawn from England by the time that all this would be viewed as happening, so the Anglo-Saxons when they conquered England would be seen as having absorbed the existing Roman population in sub-Roman Britain over the course of their migration into England and in the process prevented their degradation through a fresh influx of Pinnacle Saxon and Angle Blood and them fighting off Infee groups like the Irish which raided into Britain. That pseudo-history would also give more legitimacy in their own eyes to their Roman aspirations and cultural elements because “After all, we are the descendants of the Last Pure Romans!”.

…I see what y’all meant about how this detailed discussion of pseudoscientific racial theories and history would definitely get us on watchlists in any other context.

Last edited:
I was thinking something more like the Germanic Invasions of Italy, North Africa, Spain, ect. during the Great Migration being viewed as a result of the racial degradation of the once-Pinnacle Blooded Romans, where the still purely Pinnacle Ostrogoths and Visigoths, Lombards, ect established themselves as rulers over the degenerated Romans with the cooperation of those few still remaining of Pinnacle Blood, but the “already horrifically degenerated” Byzantines destroyed their efforts in the Gothic War and their reconquest of North Africa from the Vandals. From there, the Lombards when they established their rule over Italy after conquering it from the Byzantines are seen as attempting to establish something similar, but being largely unable to as the Byzantine invasion of Italy and the Plague of Justinian had already wiped out most of the last of the Pinnacle Blooded people in the region, and the Lombards ended up being conquered by Charlemagne and the Visigoths in Iberia began to degenerate without the presence of a Pinnacle ruled Italy and North Africa, resulting in them being conquered by the Umayyad’s, and the full Infeeization of Iberia and Italy.

There would likely be some debate on when the Byzantines became “fully Infeeized”, with some saying it was fully complete by the time of the Gothic War and some saying that the process was still ongoing at that time and that Justinian and the rulers of the Byzantines were still of Pinnacle Blood but ruling a population which had already had large parts of it become degraded, and their arrogance in wasting resources fighting fellow Pinnacle Men and destroying the Ostrogothic and Visigothic Kingdoms, and making use of Infee forces like Slavic cavalry against fellow Pinnacle men (like when Justinian sent 1,600 cavalry mosty made up of Antes and Slavs to help Belisarius during the invasion of Italy), instead of focusing on fighting the “Infee” Persians and Slavs, led to them losing god’s favor, which caused the Plague of Justinian and left their frontiers vulnerable, leading to the Arab conquests and the Slavic migrations into the Balkans, which together with things like the settling of various Slavic Groups in depopulated areas of Asia Minor and the Balkans by various Byzantine Emperors led to the last Pinnacle Greeks becoming fully inferior.

I think one of the reasons they’d say that Anglo-Saxons are so Pinnacle is that Roman troops had already been withdrawn from England by the time that all this would be viewed as happening, so the Anglo-Saxons when they conquered England would be seen as having absorbed the existing Roman population in sub-Roman Britain over the course of their migration into England and in the process prevented their degradation through a fresh influx of Pinnacle Saxon and Angle Blood and them fighting off Infee groups like the Irish which raided into Britain. That pseudo-history would also give more legitimacy in their own eyes to their Roman aspirations and cultural elements because “After all, we are the descendants of the Last Pure Romans!”.

…I see what y’all meant about how this detailed discussion of pseudoscientific racial theories and history would definitely get us on watchlists in any other context.
How would they deal with the Africans though? Eventually they’re going to discover that Africa was the origin point for modern Homo Sapiens. And that’s not mentioning the Nipponese. Maybe they’ll say that Africa was where the original Garden of Eden was before Jev drove Adam and Eve out of the garden and sent Noah away to the Promised Land?

How would they deal with the Africans though? Eventually they’re going to discover that Africa was the origin point for modern Homo Sapiens. And that’s not mentioning the Nipponese. Maybe they’ll say that Africa was where the original Garden of Eden was before Jev drove Adam and Eve out of the garden and sent Noah away to the Promised Land?
That’s what I’m thinking too. I mean the African American population has its origins from Africa originally, and they are Betters. It’s entirely likely they could justify by saying that it’s where the Garden of Eden (and the first Pinnacle Men) were, and it wouldn’t really have a bearing on how they view modern Africans (outside African-Americans). When you are working backwards from the assumption a population is inferior already, rather than looking for the empirical truth, there are 1,000 ways to twist any new discovery to fit that worldview, and they already have Betters with largely African ancestry. They could also just straight up lie or deny that discovery of course.

West Africans, just as the Jews and Nipponese/Coreans, are other branches of the wider Pinnacle Race, each one with their own history and origins. @Murica1776 actually invented a CoCorean racial myth back in the Expanded Universe:

The History of the Corean Race

And in this old chapter there was another racial story for the nipponese:

CHAPTER 46 THE JAPANESE-AMERICAN WAR AND THE SUBJUGATION OF HAWAII

In 1889, the Council of Jehovah announced that Nipponese were, in fact, descendants of the Pinnacle Man. According to this new doctrine, the Kamikaze ("Divine Wind") of Jehovah had shielded this "Lost Tribe of Israel" from the "Mongoloid Steppe-Savage Invasion" of Kublai Khan in the 13th Century, with unnaturally powerful storms destroying the Mongolian fleet. According to the Church, the Nipponese were actually Jews, lost Israelites who took the land of Nippon away from the illiterate extinct "Inferior Cave-Dwellers" at some point in the distant past. Then, it got even more extreme, with official doctrine then declaring that not only were the Nipponese Jewish descended, but that Jesus Christ himself had appeared to the Japanese and preached the Gospel to them, based on some bizarre, cryptic manuscripts left by Aaron Burr that no one had ever quite deciphered. The Council "clarified" these writings.

"And then, as stated to me by the Angel of Destiny, Christ preached to the eastern Jews, and he said to these people, 'Yea, in the End of Days shall thee remember my name and beg for deliverance from the forces of darkness.'"

Rumors that the Council had invented these "lost writings" out of nothing to justify a convenient friendship with the Nipponese floated around but were quickly silenced. The Nipponese were also rabidly anti-European, which played well into Union hands.

How would they deal with the Africans though? Eventually they’re going to discover that Africa was the origin point for modern Homo Sapiens.
They’ll probably label it Infee European lies, slander, and pseudoscience against Jehovah Ordained Scientific Marxism. At best they might be willing to say it’s something like convergent evolution, that they were the primordial apes who would go on to become Inferiors were learning to imitate the Ancient Pinnacles from whom all Betters are really descend from. But that’s being generous to them.

Given how long and how thoroughly America and its allies have bought into the Pinnaclism bullshit so far, it’s not hard to imagine them choosing to outright reject any physical evidence saying otherwise. Why let scienctific evidence get in the way of a system that allows them to be monstrous dicks to others?

If I remember right, in WMiT 1.0 the concept of evolution was considered heretical and a taboo even in Europe. I don’t see why the RU/NUSA would accept it here in 2.0

West Africans, just as the Jews and Nipponese/Coreans, are other branches of the wider Pinnacle Race, each one with their own history and origins. @Murica1776 actually invented a CoCorean racial myth back in the Expanded Universe:

The History of the Corean Race

And in this old chapter there was another racial story for the nipponese:

CHAPTER 46 THE JAPANESE-AMERICAN WAR AND THE SUBJUGATION OF HAWAII
I don’t remember if there was ever a specific origin for the West Africans as a branch of the Pinnacle Race described, but if not I can easily see it as them being viewed as the descendants of those members of the Pinnacle Race who stayed in Africa after the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden, or those who returned at some point. It also wouldn’t be hard for the Union to use its usual mix of pseudoscience, halucinogen induced religious visions, and bizarre self-serving interpretations of historical evidence to link them to the Jews as well, considering the presence of groups like the Beta Israel in Ethiopia showing long standing Jewish presence on the continent.

They’ll probably label it Infee European lies, slander, and pseudoscience against Jehovah Ordained Scientific Marxism. At best they might be willing to say it’s something like convergent evolution, that they were the primordial apes who would go on to become Inferiors were learning to imitate the Ancient Pinnacles from whom all Betters are really descend from. But that’s being generous to them.

Given how long and how thoroughly America and its allies have bought into the Pinnaclism bullshit so far, it’s not hard to imagine them choosing to outright reject any physical evidence saying otherwise. Why let scienctific evidence get in the way of a system that allows them to be monstrous dicks to others?

If I remember right, in WMiT 1.0 the concept of evolution was considered heretical and a taboo even in Europe. I don’t see why the RU/NUSA would accept it here in 2.0
I'm vaguely certain the Council of Jehovah believes Eden was on the shore of Lake Victoria.

Yeah exactly, the Union isn’t working based on Empirical Evidence and it’s theories aren’t based on scientifically sound research or the scientific method, it’s working backwards to justify everything it already believes. They’ll either find a way to justify it, or outright ignore contradictory evidence. The whole fun of theorizing on their interpertations of history is coming up with new ways for them to completely twist and misinterpret what really happened to fit their bizarre worldview.

Was the position of Indians (from the subcontinent) ever mentioned in the Republican Union racial hierarchy? I imagine they would be in the "Inferior" category like much of mainland Asia, although there might be some interesting geopolitical implications if they were considered "Better". Maybe Indians are also divided like African Americans and Africans. Maybe you could play up the Aryan/Dravidian divide to fit in with the "slightly different" brand of racial lunacy.

Was the position of Indians (from the subcontinent) ever mentioned in the Republican Union racial hierarchy? I imagine they would be in the "Inferior" category like much of mainland Asia, although there might be some interesting geopolitical implications if they were considered "Better". Maybe Indians are also divided like African Americans and Africans. Maybe you could play up the Aryan/Dravidian divide to fit in with the "slightly different" brand of racial lunacy.
Before his rise to power as President, George Custer seemed to lump them in with the other groups considered Inferior ("foreigners and the mongoloid races, especially Irish, Slavs, Italians, Polocks, Redskins, Catholics, Orthodoxers of any type, Amish, Hindoos, Ancestor-Worshipers, and Mohammedans." ) and Custer went on to found ORRA, they probably are considered Inferior. I wouldn't be surprised if they're still considered infee by the time of Steele and Oswald but also as Useful Inferiors, ie groups that the RU will funnel support to simply to hurt Europa but never accept as an equal.

Well, no one has any reason to adopt anyone else's standards, so "tabulatrics" across the different factions may be different at its very roots. And I mean the absolute roots-- binary digital computing isn't the only option, the Soviets developed a ternary computer OTL and although this line wasn't continued it was at least workable, and its advantages would include fitting more information in the same space (since each space can be a 0/1/2, not just a 0/1). After this comes every other level of computing: processor architecture and basic machine instructions, programming languages of higher levels, operating systems. And then after all that comes network protocols, and by this point a Europan machine and an RU machine may be so fundamentally different that they would not be able to talk with each other even if the respective governments wished for such a thing.
...what does a ternary memory latch even look like, though?

An SR latch holds one bit, with two NAND gates. You can have two latches represent one ternary value--or rather a quadnary value--but there's no savings in space over just storing two binary values.

...of course, then I go and find a paper describing a stable trenary SR latch, which answers my question--and shows that each trenary value (trit?) needs six MOSFETs as opposed to two. Unless I'm reading this diagrams wrong.

And then after all that comes network protocols, and by this point a Europan machine and an RU machine may be so fundamentally different that they would not be able to talk with each other even if the respective governments wished for such a thing.
And about that bit in particular:

A)If both machines are Turing-complete, one should be able, in theory, to emulate the other's workings, however Byzantine it might be. So there's an finite limit to how alien any two machines might be.

B)So long as the hardware allows it, it should be not all that difficult to write software to emulate the other machine's communications protocol.

C)If the hardware doesn't allow it, rigging up an adapter isn't all that hard. Witness the proliferation of cable standards, and adapter cables between those standards.

Just an aside, but as much as this TL is a pretty clear Britain screw, may I make the suggestion that it might be more interesting to keep the BU around? I mean, sure, swapping Ireland and Britain's OTL situation or instituting D I R E C T R U L E F R O M P H I L A D E L P H I A is fun, but consider: we have yet to see the Pinnacle Thatcher.

Just an aside, but as much as this TL is a pretty clear Britain screw, may I make the suggestion that it might be more interesting to keep the BU around? I mean, sure, swapping Ireland and Britain's OTL situation or instituting D I R E C T R U L E F R O M P H I L A D E L P H I A is fun, but consider: your mom
I recommend reading my series in the extended universe thread, it covers the BU in the Pinnacle Future era, however, it doesn’t switch the situations of OTL Britain and Ireland.

Last edited:
Just an aside, but as much as this TL is a pretty clear Britain screw, may I make the suggestion that it might be more interesting to keep the BU around? I mean, sure, swapping Ireland and Britain's OTL situation or instituting D I R E C T R U L E F R O M P H I L A D E L P H I A is fun, but consider: we have yet to see the Pinnacle Thatcher.
What Madness is This, Volume III: The Pinnacle Thatcher