What is a common thing or trope that always seem to happen?

TBF I honestly do think if literally anybody else had been in charge of Germany during WW2 other than Mustache Man and his fan club(Doesn’t really matter Von Scheliher, Thalmann, My pet rabbit, Kaiser Willies half rotting corpse) , than Uncle Joe would have been fucking toast.
I personally disagree with this, mainly because a Germany led by anyone who wasn't Hitler wouldn't have started ww2 at all nor attack the USSR without a very good reason, so I see it "No Hitler=no ww2"

Also should be mentioned that the USSR was a entirely different beast from the Russian Empire and the reason they got their assess kicked so much during the start of Barbarossa was due to them being caught off guard during a massive expansion and reforming program meaning the units the Germans faced were green recruits and the actual veteran troops being too few. If we consider a no Hitler scenario, the USSR won't feel too secure with it's non aggression pact it had with nazi Germany and instead will look to defend their territory better against what they see as hostility from nearly all their neighbors, meaning any potential invader would be dealing with a much more prepared USSR, meaning that their winning chances go from "low" to nearly zero

I personally disagree with this, mainly because a Germany led by anyone who wasn't Hitler wouldn't have started ww2 at all nor attack the USSR without a very good reason, so I see it "No Hitler=no ww2"
I disagree with this to some extent, germany will want a round 2 especially with how close they were to winning the first time. Now it will be less about the supremacy of the German race and more similar to Italy with the regime wanting to restore the glory of Germany. An imperial restoration is something that could happen too (with the royal family and the kaiser without real power). They will be more logical than the Nazis. After all, what allowed the Nazi rise more than anything was the instability in France. Because Nazi economic and military power was very weak at the beginning. But this germany will be expansionists, they will want to unify with Austria in addition to taking the rest of Prussia that was given to Poland. So I would say we would still have a second war, or at least a lot of tension. Other than that, the entente may not work and we end up with the Latin Alliance that Mussoline wanted with Iberia, France, Italy and Romania in a single bloc. The UK in isolation again, Germany trying to organize an anti-Latin/communist bloc.

I should remember to wish you a happy birthday Aluma
Remind me when its your birthday in PMs too
I feel like a baby lol...
November 18th 2005 for me
You are a baby!
You see things that I never do and I'm starting to wonder if it's because you have a fundamentally different way of analyzing everything you observe in your life or if I'm not reading quite as much on this website as I think I do (and this website is all that I read when time allows it).
I would say you two are fundamentally different in the way you behave here but I think the reason for your takes not matching is more that you two have diverging tastes in TLs, specially since Mitry is kind of a masochist with works he dislikes since he hyperfixates on reading them entirely lol
Like you both though, I think you two are great

Remind me when its your birthday in PMs too

You are a baby!

I would say you two are fundamentally different in the way you behave here but I think the reason for your takes not matching is more that you two have diverging tastes in TLs, specially since Mitry is kind of a masochist with works he dislikes since he hyperfixates on reading them entirely lol
Like you both though, I think you two are great
What are our differences as you see this?

What are our differences as you see this?
You're more serious when making your critics and very scathing too while your sense of humour is more on things you find amusing and entertaining while she is more into making lighthearted if sightly sarcastic comments and often will make a optimistic defense of the authors she's reading while you are very skeptical of their intentions

This approach seems to also affect the way you two read TLs, with her reading works more casually and commenting on threads that are more popular around here as far I've seen while you try to go more in deep on the works I've seen your commenting, including more fringy ones, even when you're not enjoying them because you're very analytical

You two are like water and oil in a way, and I dont think either approach is wrong, just unique

I disagree with this to some extent, germany will want a round 2 especially with how close they were to winning the first time. Now it will be less about the supremacy of the German race and more similar to Italy with the regime wanting to restore the glory of Germany. An imperial restoration is something that could happen too (with the royal family and the kaiser without real power). They will be more logical than the Nazis. After all, what allowed the Nazi rise more than anything was the instability in France. Because Nazi economic and military power was very weak at the beginning. But this germany will be expansionists, they will want to unify with Austria in addition to taking the rest of Prussia that was given to Poland. So I would say we would still have a second war, or at least a lot of tension. Other than that, the entente may not work and we end up with the Latin Alliance that Mussoline wanted with Iberia, France, Italy and Romania in a single bloc. The UK in isolation again, Germany trying to organize an anti-Latin/communist bloc.
The problem is that most politicians weren't interested in starting yet another war given that unlike last time, they would have no allies to help them out: Italy is seeking to recreate their second Roman Empire, Poland have disputes with them over Danzig and other areas, leaving only some minor countries like the Baltics, Bulgaria and Romania to be actual allies, France will always be against any kind of German expansion and while Britain wouldn't be as intense about it, if push comes to shove they're definitely in the anti German camp and would back France in the case of war, a war that Germany certainly wouldn't win given how the last one when they were stronger didn't work out.

Unification with Austria is very much a possibility and Danzig will be a headache for everyone as the poles want to keep it at all costs and the Germans want it and the rest of the corridor back and are willing to use every trick for it but in general I feel like Germany would focus more on rebuilding instead of trying to become a mighty empire again.

Also funny enough, without a ww2 the USSR does much better since they don't get over 20 million people killed nor do they need to spend a fuckton of money and troops in keeping the Iron Curtain in check, meaning all those extras can be used for further development in areas like science and development, meaning that while their influence is certainly lesser, they'll actually do much better in the long run, especially in keeping a much less bloated but still professional military in place that can be used for a potential "liberation" of the Baltics and Finland, especially if everyone else is busy with yet another war.

Working on the reverse-LTTW (a globally hyperdominant Britain which primarily backs client empires [also Anglo-Americanized to varying degrees] like Germany [parts of Africa as settler colonies, parts of the Pacific, clients in most of Europe], Japan [South Manchuria, Taiwan as the Fifth home Island, client of South Korea], Brazil, Iberia [bits and pieces everywhere]), and has Viceroyalties (clients carved out during the sudden transition after the War that wrecked most of the world from repressive, oligarchical empire to authoritarian republic as being too non- white).
Russia TTL is larger in Xinjiang and Mongolia, Central Asia and Europe, but TTL’s North Korea, keeping Europe, the Middle East, the Empire of India and some of the Chinese states emerging from a colonial era lengthened due to a British willingness to back clients until their debts were bleeding out the treasury on line, if Britain possessing the bulk of the nukes and being one of the Four nuclear powers ( the others being Germany, Japan and Russia) didn’t work. An aggressively balkanized and destabilized Middle East, China, Indochina and Africa helps maintain Hegemony, sometimes by backing rebellions
Did you mean to put this in this particular thread?

You're more serious when making your critics and very scathing too while your sense of humour is more on things you find amusing and entertaining while she is more into making lighthearted if sightly sarcastic comments and often will make a optimistic defense of the authors she's reading while you are very skeptical of their intentions

This approach seems to also affect the way you two read TLs, with her reading works more casually and commenting on threads that are more popular around here as far I've seen while you try to go more in deep on the works I've seen your commenting, including more fringy ones, even when you're not enjoying them because you're very analytical

You two are like water and oil in a way, and I dont think either approach is wrong, just unique
I see, so basically it's a question of focus in which I tend to go deeper than to stay on the visible surface XD And the result of that is also a different vision in which Pax assumes the best intention or searches for something positive thing to say... while I'm burned out enough to do something like that easily. It is a very interesting analysis of course, it had not occurred to me to compare it that way.

I see, so basically it's a question of focus in which I tend to go deeper than to stay on the visible surface XD And the result of that is also a different vision in which Pax assumes the best intention or searches for something positive thing to say... while I'm burned out enough to do something like that easily. It is a very interesting analysis of course, it had not occurred to me to compare it that way.
You overstate my positivity immensely, I rarely assume that anyone has the best of intentions at heart :p

You overstate my positivity immensely, I rarely assume that anyone has the best of intentions at heart :p
From my perspective on your comments(which, I admit, is very limited) you have a very cynical and negative outlook on humanity as a worldview(I mean your username is literally Nihil lol) but you as a person tend to look for the best in others(not saying you assume the best) and is generally very kind, which is one of the reasons why I think you're one of the most likeable members around here

I think this is also why sometimes you and Mitry often dont see eye to eye on discussions even though you two generally try to be friendly with each other, he's also a very lovable person in my opinion but his outlook on life is opposed to yours in that he thinks very highly of not just humanity but his country as well and while he's aware both did terrible things he still sees them as inherently good while also holding a very grumpy attitude towards other people as he's very skeptical of their intentions

At least you made this more than me as I know XD.

From my perspective on your comments(which, I admit, is very limited) you have a very cynical and negative outlook on humanity as a worldview(I mean your username is literally Nihil lol) but you as a person tend to look for the best in others(not saying you assume the best) and is generally very kind, which is one of the reasons why I think you're one of the most likeable members around here

I think this is also why sometimes you and Mitry often dont see eye to eye on discussions even though you two generally try to be friendly with each other, he's also a very lovable person in my opinion but his outlook on life is opposed to yours in that he thinks very highly of not just humanity but his country as well and while he's aware both did terrible things he still sees them as inherently good while also holding a very grumpy attitude towards other people as he's very skeptical of their intentions
The way you say it makes me think that my worldview could be described as something like "I love humanity as a concept but I don't like some examples of humans at all" XD. I guess I've seen too much stupidity and malice.

Tax on the thread: People, both within the TL and in the comment threads, will insist so much on criticizing the supposed "lack of a coherent economic policy" on the part of the antagonist countries...

...and what seem is that that is what the only thing they care about, and that if that country adopted the economic policies that these critics like, they would be OK with every other aspect of this country's politics.

This is especially ridiculous and even unpleasant when the antagonist country is an aggressive, expansionist, genocidal, imperialist, militaristic, supremacist and warmongering dictatorial regime that explicitly seeks the conquest of the world and constitutes an existential threat against all its neighbors.

TL;DR: When the argument arises "The only reason we should criticize Nazi Germany is because of its economic mismanagement, everything else is OK."