What is a common thing or trope that always seem to happen?

I don't want to speak badly, but in general English food is not very competitive. Who eats an English Full Breakfast is crazy,

But I do-

beans and mushroom in the breakfast?

Dont have the beans and mushrooms though, I cant really have it

that's another thing really, there's never really a TL where Protestantism suffers a screw of any kind where it remains a German and Scandinavian phenomenon only

Or is completely butterflied away due to the Church not screwing up as badly and/or it not being within the interests of the german states to do so, with Lutheranism(if Luther is ever born) having the same fate of the hussites and cathars

Likewise I would like if there was an alt reformation, be someone actually writing a TL where the modern fantasies of the Church deciding to embrace Giordano Bruno, Galileu, Luther and/or Darwin is made real or a TL where another group becomes the reformation(like the aforementioned hussites)

I even played with that a bit in my No-Spanish Empire TL where I had Portugal create a "Lusitanian Church" and a French Schism due to Italy(and thus the Papacy) being under the aragonese spanish control, resulting in the later installing a Anti-Pope in Avignon to serve the french king and the former breaking up with the Catholic Church altogether Henry VIII-style after they both were threatened with excomunication by the spanish-controlled Pope

Rvbomally had a “American Union” scenario for EEUSG where the main sides are anti-colonial fascists (“N. America and Europe for whites, Africa and Asia for Africans and Asians”) and post-racial imperialists that should be fleshed out more
It bears explaining that the American Union is quite two-faced and Machiavellian regarding its anti-colonial stance. The EEUSG entry goes into more detail about their policies.

Rvbomally had a “American Union” scenario for EEUSG where the main sides are anti-colonial fascists (“N. America and Europe for whites, Africa and Asia for Africans and Asians”) and post-racial imperialists that should be fleshed out more
A Cold War between isolationist racist nations who favour every ethnicity getting their own ethnostate and opposes colonialism on principle versus multiculturalist colonial empires who support integration and oppose racism on principle would make for a interesting and horrifying timeline
Like one side has Apartheid style segregation while the other slavery is still legal and race-blind

A Cold War between isolationist racist nations who favour every ethnicity getting their own ethnostate and opposes colonialism on principle versus multiculturalist colonial empires who support integration and oppose racism on principle would make for a interesting and horrifying timeline
Like one side has Apartheid style segregation while the other slavery is still legal and race-blind
But sounds like the kind of TL that ends with the author and many of commentarists kicked and banned for "apology of colonialism/racism" when things become hot.

Pick your poison

But sounds like the kind of TL that ends with the author and many of commentarists kicked and banned for "apology of colonialism/racism" when things become hot.
Sad! Honestly I can't understand people who think that just because you write about X inheritly means that you support it, despite the fact the majority of TLs in here deal with empires who were often xenophobic, discriminatory, highly patriarchal and slaveholding, but no one seems to mind much when protagonist nation brings over slaves to work in their American colonies while they proceed to assimilate or kill the natives

Sad! Honestly I can't understand people who think that just because you write about X inheritly means that you support it, despite the fact the majority of TLs in here deal with empires who were often xenophobic, discriminatory, highly patriarchal and slaveholding, but no one seems to mind much when protagonist nation brings over slaves to work in their American colonies while they proceed to assimilate or kill the natives
I think it's one of those silly political activism theories that has seeped through cultural osmosis and now there are people who sincerely believe that. Which is quite problematic because, to continue with this example, it would be quite immersion-break for the author to constantly break the fourth wall to tell us "by the way, this system is terrible, I think it is terrible, and you should too". It's hard enough to make a TL interesting to read without shooting yourself in the foot like that.

Honestly I can't understand people who think that just because you write about X inheritly means that you support it, despite the fact the majority of TLs in here deal with empires who were often xenophobic, discriminatory, highly patriarchal and slaveholding, but no one seems to mind much when protagonist nation brings over slaves to work in their American colonies while they proceed to assimilate or kill the natives
Sometime one person asked me why I write a Russian Empire TL if I don't support monarchy (and why the mc was not really interested either in preserving existing monarchies)

Sometime one person asked me why I write a Russian Empire TL if I don't support monarchy (and why the mc was not really interested either in preserving existing monarchies)
I remember I commented to someone who was interested in seeing if I could make a republican Spain and they were like "What? Why not keep the king if you want to make a Spanish straw?"

Also with Aguilaverse something similar happened to me: how could I simultaneously make Russia great and cool as part of the world and also be against [RECENT EVENT OF CURRENT POLITICS]. No, he didn't mind that I did it before [RECENT EVENT]

I remember I commented to someone who was interested in seeing if I could make a republican Spain and they were like "What? Why not keep the king if you want to make a Spanish straw?"

Also with Aguilaverse something similar happened to me: how could I simultaneously make Russia great and cool as part of the world and also be against [RECENT EVENT OF CURRENT POLITICS]. No, he didn't mind that I did it before [RECENT EVENT]
You should take them into a lake since they want to act like a silly goose.

Seriously though, it's baffling that people can't disassociate fiction from reality enough that if you decide to write anything about country x, someone will always come and mention "huuuhhh... Don't you know country X is doing Y? You should be ashamed of writing about them", like yeah, we all understand that current topics are a touchy stuff but I don't think the author writing about china, Syria or Russia in a positive light is actually a supporter for them, even without the Current Unpleasantries

Yeah that's another thing really, there's never really a TL where Protestantism suffers a screw of any kind where it remains a German and Scandinavian phenomenon only, I get that the butterflies would be immense but it's such a fascinating idea that is just swept under the rug because AH authors have this idea that because England and the Netherlands went Protestant, they always will, this happens less with England but the Dutch Protestants are always victorious no matter the TL
Regarding the rise of the idea of Protestantism, it was something more seen in the Germanic peoples. I tend to think that if England didn't convert the country would have a very violent religious war. I tend to think it's impossible to avoid something along these lines (Protestantism). Now whether the countries are going to do well is something else. For example a stronger France weakens the two relevant Protestant powers for quite some time (England and Holland).
But I do-
then you are braver than most. English breakfast is almost a lunch dish where I live. For me a coffee with milk and maybe a toasted bread with butter is more than enough. Sausage and things like that are too heavy for breakfast.

Regarding the rise of the idea of Protestantism, it was something more seen in the Germanic peoples. I tend to think that if England didn't convert the country would have a very violent religious war. I tend to think it's impossible to avoid something along these lines (Protestantism). Now whether the countries are going to do well is something else. For example a stronger France weakens the two relevant Protestant powers for quite some time (England and Holland).
I personally always wanted a Catholic and Spanish-speaking England :p
Sausage and things like that are too heavy for breakfast.
Yep

then you are braver than most. English breakfast is almost a lunch dish where I live. For me a coffee with milk and maybe a toasted bread with butter is more than enough. Sausage and things like that are too heavy for breakfast.
I don't think the rise of Protestantism was inevitable in England however, with a Henry VIII who remains loyal to the Catholic Church with his annulment would crack down on any protestant like movement give the British monarchy would have enough control over the church already to be satisfied with having the Pope around, sorta like a English version of Gallicanism, although something like a British version of the French Religious Wars as Protestants and Catholics duke it out would be interesting to see

I agree it is a lunch dish, but I do like having lunch~
Then again I grew up skipping breakfast(other than drinking chocolate milk) and having lunch instead because otherwise I would be in school all day without having eaten, so feijoada it was

I personally always wanted a Catholic and Spanish-speaking England :p
Meanwhile I already said here but will say again, if I ever made a SI they'd end up as a King Arthur larper who'd rule this Celtic Britain that does speak portuguese but is culturally chinese

Meanwhile I already said here but will say again, if I ever made a SI they'd end up as a King Arthur larper who'd rule this Celtic Britain that does speak portuguese but is culturally chinese
I have wrote at least two (arguably three do to one being a double SI) - would not recommend, kinda of a pain in the ass XD
*Just joking tho is true that I personally find writing too exhausting some times.