What if World War 2 never ended? (In Europe)

I’m working on a story where WWII is still going on in Europe and I am not sure what would have to happen for this to actually happen.

Could you guys help me with this?

You could technically say that the cold War was an extension of WW2... just make it go hot prior to Soviet nukes, maybe the Western Allies don't develop nukes as well as the POD.

This is ASB. No way that any war can continue 83 years. There is not such resources nor willing to continue the war such timescale.

Even after 5 years war it was game over for the Nazi and Japan
They had no more resources, Bomb into Stone age and with that was left, they had fight superior strength Allies...
No way that you have continuous ongoing War for 83 years

Alternative ?
Depends on perspective, if consider World Wars as interconnected events you get something like this:
Gavrilo Princip assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand, this let
1914-1918 First World War, ended in Treaty of Versailles
This let to Rise of Adolf Hitler and to
1940-1945 Second World War, ended in use of Atomic Bomb
This let to Cold War, nuclear armament.
1962 Third World War do Cuba Crisis.
That could be called Fifty Years' War

All I can think of is the Soviet Union collapsing and the Western Allies not being able to invade Continental Europe. Even then, Germany would just get nuked as soon as Japan's finished.

Alternative ?
Depends on perspective, if consider World Wars as interconnected events you get something like this:
Gavrilo Princip assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand, this let
1914-1918 First World War, ended in Treaty of Versailles
This let to Rise of Adolf Hitler and to
1940-1945 Second World War, ended in use of Atomic Bomb
This let to Cold War, nuclear armament.
1962 Third World War do Cuba Crisis.
That could be called Fifty Years' War
The Hundred Years War 1337-1453 was kind of like this, a series of wars that led one into the other.

One way to draw the war out would be to have all of Europe descend into warlordism, so an endless round-robbin war of small statelets against each other. This could happen in the wake of a nuclear war.

@CalBear's Anglo American Nazi War gives a scenario of a much longer, much worse World War Two.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I’m working on a story where WWII is still going on in Europe and I am not sure what would have to happen for this to actually happen.

Could you guys help me with this?
A constant war for 70 years isn't possible, just from the economic perspective. Throw in the actual destruction caused by the fighting there is simply no way.

What you can get is a Modern "100 Years War: were you have a major fight, followed by a decade or two of rebuilding, followed by another 5-6 years of war, rinse/repeat. There is a reasonable argument to be made that, if one includes the "Cold War" we HAVE been in a 100 Years War scenario since the start of WW I. If it hadn't been for the invention of Nuclear Weapons (along with advanced bioweapons) there would have been a "world war" every 20 years or so or until either Communism or Liberal Democracy/Capitalism had been extinguished at the point of a bayonet.

Genkou

Banned
Continental Germany vs Anglo-American + Soviet remnants. Just no official treaties. With occasional skirmishes or air space intrusions?

Continental Germany vs Anglo-American + Soviet remnants. Just no official treaties. With occasional skirmishes or air space intrusions?

Even in such scenario eventually another would become strong enough. And Americans have nukes. It is just impossible keep such situation over 80 years. You need tons of ASBs ensure that such war is possible.

Genkou

Banned
Even in such scenario eventually another would become strong enough. And Americans have nukes. It is just impossible keep such situation over 80 years. You need tons of ASBs ensure that such war is possible.
Having nukes and using them is one thing. If it just deteriorates to phony war, no real justification for nukes.

The Hundred Years War 1337-1453 was kind of like this, a series of wars that led one into the other.
Also the Eighty Years' War and Thirty Years' War
actual both wars even were interconnected do involvement of Spanish Empire and Kingdom of France.

The Thirty Years' War was series of six wars fought in Central Germany
The first 15 years were conventional warfare off its time, the last 15 years were bloody carnage that depopulated entire country sites in Germany !

The Eighty Years' War was series of battles, guerrilla warfare and attrition between Spanish Empire and Dutch, do religious difference (like in Thirty Years' War)
Both Wars ended with treaty of the Peace of Westphalia in 1648.