Like it says on the tin. Say the Saar Offensive is a smashing French success, the Sickle Cut is a humiliating failure, whatever. Either way, the Allies reach Berlin in 1940 or 41 at the latest. What does post-war Europe look like? Does Germany still get carved up? Would some of the countries that fell to the Warsaw Pact IOTL, like Romania, Bulgaria and Czechoslovakia, avoid Soviet occupation? What about Italy and Yugoslavia?

Last edited:
The worst parts of the war - Barbarossa, the Independent State of Croatia, a multitude of other atrocities and, of course, the Holocaust - will be averted. How will this impact people's views on stuff like eugenics and antisemitism?

Like it says on the tin. Say the Saar Offensive is a smashing French success, the Sickle Cut is a humiliating failure, whatever. Either way, the Allies reach Berlin in 1940 or 41 at the latest. What does post-war Europe look like? Does Germany still get carved up? Would some of the countries that fell to the Warsaw Pact IOTL, like Romania, Bulgaria and Czechoslovakia, avoid Soviet occupation? What about Italy and Yugoslavia?
If German army is so heavily defeated In 1940 then Nazis will be deposed in a coup
No need to reach Berlin just reocuppy Ruhr and Rhineland

If German army is so heavily defeated In 1940 then Nazis will be deposed in a coup
No need to reach Berlin just reocuppy Ruhr and Rhineland
Would the Weimar Republic be restored with a few tweaks here and there? Also, I assume Stalin would stay out of Poland if Hitler is defeated in 1939.

Would the Weimar Republic be restored with a few tweaks here and there? Also, I assume Stalin would stay out of Poland if Hitler is defeated in 1939.
Or just Balkanization of Germany
A soviet republic and a west leaning quasi democratic state
With Poland reformed as a rump state between Germany and USsr

Last edited:
I don't think post war would see as much ethnic cleansing as OTL.

In this case, how would react Stalin? Would he try to invade the General Governement, Warthegau and Danzig-West Prussia?

In this case, how would react Stalin? Would he try to invade the General Governement, Warthegau and Danzig-West Prussia?
I assume France would get to the Ruhr before the Germans completely destroy the Polish defenses (assuming the POD is a successful Saar Offensive, of course), so Stalin would stay put. If Hitler's defeat happens later, than the USSR will probably consolidate its gains (eastern Poland + Baltics).

I believe that the Allies will demmand a return to 1937 borders, maybe just maybe they let Germany keep Austria, but the soviets will keep eastern poland/western Belarus and Ukraine, the baltics and the border regions they took from Finland if the peace is after 1940

If the western allies can beat Germany that quick then they might push thier luck to try to get the soviats to restore poland even if the USSR backstabbing Germany and invades from the East (probably looking to establish tzar era borders). I dont think Stalin would back down and may instead escalate into a a odd WW2.5 with italy and Japan still a active presence in this world.