Without immigration, how can a country increase its fertility rates and population growth?
Various natalist policies, banning access to contraception, better post-natal medical care (e.g. incubators and Couney), tax breaks and other financial rewards for having children, easier access to day-care (if women work), exclusing women from the workforce and taxes on childlessness.

marathag

Banned
Modified Putin Plan, invade your neighbor to 'liberate' the so-called repressed minority there, and take all the children you find and send them back to the Motherland.
'For safekeeping, of course.

Ban contraceptives and abortion, use the surveillance ssystem that was build up during the past 20 years to prosecute anyone seeking or providing said services, start pro natalist indoctrination of society beginning with kindergardens. That gets you a lot of babies and a potential romanian situation where the state can't take care of all the children and everyone's getting so mad that they demand your head on a pike.

Nations have tried most of what has been described here, with relatively little effect---their TFRs keep falling. About the only thing that has worked historically is winning a major war. Eventually though, I suspect that we'll succeed in breeding strains of humanity that are resistant to modernity and birth control and those segments will come to dominate the population by numbers. This will happen very fast in populations where the TFR is below 1.5 or so. In the US I know of several such segments, and I suspect they exist in other nations as well.

Nations have tried most of what has been described here, with relatively little effect---their TFRs keep falling. About the only thing that has worked historically is winning a major war. Eventually though, I suspect that we'll succeed in breeding strains of humanity that are resistant to modernity and birth control and those segments will come to dominate the population by numbers. This will happen very fast in populations where the TFR is below 1.5 or so. In the US I know of several such segments, and I suspect they exist in other nations as well.
"Resistance to modernity" as an evolutionary trait is real fun to read.

"Resistance to modernity" as an evolutionary trait is real fun to read.
Most humans have a drive to have sex. The drive to have sex has children in many cases as just a byproduct of said sex. Some humans though have a drive to have children that isn't totally subordinate to the drive to have sex. Humans in the 2nd category are more 'resistant' to birth control. Presumably they'll pass this on to their offspring, both by genetic and memetic inheritance.

That sounds a bit like "Idiocracy."

Most humans have a drive to have sex. The drive to have sex has children in many cases as just a byproduct of said sex. Some humans though have a drive to have children that isn't totally subordinate to the drive to have sex. Humans in the 2nd category are more 'resistant' to birth control. Presumably they'll pass this on to their offspring, both by genetic and memetic inheritance.
I suspect it's more complicated than that, but I get the point and I agree it makes sense. I was just commenting the wording.

Ban contraceptives and abortion, use the surveillance ssystem that was build up during the past 20 years to prosecute anyone seeking or providing said services, start pro natalist indoctrination of society beginning with kindergardens. That gets you a lot of babies and a potential romanian situation where the state can't take care of all the children and everyone's getting so mad that they demand your head on a pike.
Downward spiral

Hence, restricting access to contraception and abortion would increase the birthrate.

Hence, restricting access to contraception and abortion would increase the birthrate.
Not as much as you'd think. I understand that Russia, for instance, has been doing that (substantially reducing their abortion rates) and if I recall they're still well south of TFR 2.1. Their TFR is a lot lower than it was under the USSR back in the 60s and 70s when they had sky high abortion rates.