Victoria II

I'm in the mood to play some Victoria 2, but I can't think of any interesting ideas. Any suggestions? Countries, goals, playstyles or even challenges would be welcome.

Pick one of the central Asian khanates, beat back the Russians, form Turkestan, bathe in oil money.

Unite South America under a as small as possible country?

Paraguay:

Wfw7rdL.png

View attachment 306240
I'm the green tick has always been in the game
Oh, you meant that one. I thought you meant the new option you can toggle to hide the green tick notification for individual decisions.

Does the game always crash when you enter the decision screen, or only when you enter it though that icon? If it always crashes, it might still be because of the new feature I mentioned. If not...Then I have no idea.

Oh, you meant that one. I thought you meant the new option you can toggle to hide the green tick notification for individual decisions.

Does the game always crash when you enter the decision screen, or only when you enter it though that icon? If it always crashes, it might still be because of the new feature I mentioned. If not...Then I have no idea.
Crashes whenever I go to decisons

Is there a starters guide to Vicky II? I just got it and damn if the learning curve isn't steep. This is worse than HOI IV learning curve

Is there a starters guide to Vicky II? I just got it and damn if the learning curve isn't steep. This is worse than HOI IV learning curve
I've generally found the wiki guides to be mostly useless (when not outright out of date/wrong).

This lp is fairly good at explaining different parts of the game, but is a bit detailed due to how complicated the game actually is
https://lparchive.org/Victoria-II/

Play USA. You can easily ignore industry and learn other systems fairly easily.

USA is a fairly good starting country does have its own issues, namely
--Being a democracy sucks. You literally have no control over your own government
--Event spam: The slave debate gives you a ridiculous amount of events to click through
--The two front scenerio: every game I have played as the US has involved a DOW by the UK when I attack Mexico, unless I have specifically destroyed relations between the two via influence. While this is not hard to do, it is not something a newbie would think of.

Play USA. You can easily ignore industry and learn other systems fairly easily.
Not that there's much to do in Victoria II other than managing industry, occasional warfare, and sitting around waiting for percentages to reach 100.

I sometimes wonder why I still find it so entertaining.

B-29_Bomber

Banned
--The two front scenerio: every game I have played as the US has involved a DOW by the UK when I attack Mexico, unless I have specifically destroyed relations between the two via influence. While this is not hard to do, it is not something a newbie would think of.

Never had this happen until after the Civil War and I'd begun to snowball and only then when I decided that I wanted to conquer all of Mexico.

Now what is really crazy is when I had a few million rebels of various types (Neo-Confeds, Anarcho-Liberals, Manhattan Commune, etc) and I think, "Well, this is bad but I can do this, LLLEEEEERRRROOOOYYYY...!!!". A few in-game months later I'd secured the East Coast from South Carolina to New Jersey and planning on pushing inland...

Then France declares war...

For California.

FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOU...

Never had this happen until after the Civil War and I'd begun to snowball and only then when I decided that I wanted to conquer all of Mexico.
Huh. I've always had it happen pre civil war when I was grabbing my initial bites of mexico. But yeah, short of rebels, post civil war US crushes everyone in the western hemisphere.

Two questions. I figured a number of things but two things are driving me up the wall as I try to take the US and turn her into the great power. First off is how to I increase the number of regiments I can field? This is something that is making me go nuts as I want Yankee units not Dixie ones. The second is how to I keep the British from jumping on my neck when I attack Mexico in the mid to late 1840s?