Victoria; An Empire Under the Sun

about this CTD can i continue past that date or will i have to start as a new country (which i have, learning the ropes with colonizing)

Also how come even tho abu dhabi is bankrupts i am still gonna lose 100 prestige, rally anoying when i can't attack them.

Last edited:
about this CTD can i continue past that date or will i have to start as a new country (which i have, learning the ropes with colonizing)

Also how come even tho abu dhabi is bankrupts i am still gonna lose 100 prestige, rally anoying when i can't attack them.

You can probably continue past the date it crashed if you saved before then. You should ask Paradox's tech support forum about if if it keeps happening (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219).

They need to have less than (iirc) -100 prestige for you to be able to attack them without getting a major prestige penalty on yourself. If they have less than -100 prestige then it only costs you 1 prestige to attack them.

On another note, more details about Victoria 2. Apparently, every country is going to have four different flags, one if they're a monarchy, one if they're a republic, one if they're fascist, and one if they're communist.

You can see the Paradox forums avatar versions of all these flags here

edit:
well they had something way under 100-, but was still charged 100 prestege. Is it my patch? I have VIP 2.01.
Ah, I don't know much about VIP. Maybe it's different in that mod.

Next session :

Saturday August 7th
3:00 PM GMT-8 PST
6:00 PM GMT-5 EST
11:00 PM GMT

I can move the session LATER but not earlier, left me know if you have problems making it with this schedule because I AM NOT PHYSIC!

I can't make any guarantees.

On another note, more details about Victoria 2. Apparently, every country is going to have four different flags, one if they're a monarchy, one if they're a republic, one if they're fascist, and one if they're communist.

You can see the Paradox forums avatar versions of all these flags here

I posted that three days ago in the V2 thread. You're a little late. :p

Now France is my satellite. This means WWI (actually it would be...WWV) will be...nothing.

Central Powers-

Germany-Not formed, never will.

Austria-Ottoman satellite.

Ottomans-Rule near the entire world.

Bulgaria-Isn't there.

Entente-

UK-My satellite.

France-My satellite.

USA-Barely strong enough to take on Cherokee.

Russia-My satellite.

well they had something way under 100-, but was still charged 100 prestege. Is it my patch? I have VIP 2.01.

If it's VIP, it's likely the colonization bans. I don't much like it myself, along with a lot of VIP's hamfisted attempts to push the game along the historical track. Basically, the scenario starts with every major and minor power in a peacetreaty with all the minor uncivs coded not to expire until 1870 (or somewhere around that) rather than the normal 5 years. So you need to break a peace treaty in order to attack, which accounts for the prestige hit.

The modders basically think that since the Europeans didn't split up the world between them until the late Victorian era, the players shouldn't be able to either. The latest version even took away colonization entirely in favor of historical colonizers getting land through event...absolutely ridiculous.

Man Axe you guys need to work on your patience. I showed up 8 mins early, was invited, then when I said I wasn't running VIP you guys booted me and started the game without me.

Not.

Cool.

:mad:

EDIT: I do have a copy of VIP, I would just rather play the normal game is all. I was typing that when you kicked me.

Last edited:
The thing is the country was bankrus, that why i invade. Lost 1 prestege or that and got one povince out of it (yes i know should of went or more). When i checked the legderagain it showed there prestege still very low, so i thought i would invae again but that was when vi came up with the high retege penalty.
Anyway right now iam just playing with some randoms country's, i got economy and moty sorted out, but idustrilazaion is still iffy for me. Even belgum who i satalited in my netherlands game had a high ind score then me i could baely build railways with my factory output beig so low, which meant i couldn't build the factories i wnted and had to wait for imports to come in. Took me10 years to build the first factory.

The thing is the country was bankrus, that why i invade. Lost 1 prestege or that and got one povince out of it (yes i know should of went or more). When i checked the legderagain it showed there prestege still very low, so i thought i would invae again but that was when vi came up with the high retege penalty.
Anyway right now iam just playing with some randoms country's, i got economy and moty sorted out, but idustrilazaion is still iffy for me. Even belgum who i satalited in my netherlands game had a high ind score then me i could baely build railways with my factory output beig so low, which meant i couldn't build the factories i wnted and had to wait for imports to come in. Took me10 years to build the first factory.

Ah, that makes more sense. You broke their little peace treaty :D. For the first five years after you sign for peace, any manual declaration of war (as opposed to by event or, IIRC, by alliance) by either party causes the aggressing party to suffer the 100 point prestige hit.

Texas apparently didn't get the memo about the date...

anything 2.png

I wouldn't mind playing mp with you guys i know my laptop could handle it but give me a few weeks to get myself immersed in the game.

No VIP, it was only VIP before because 1 person showed up so we joined up a group of other people playing Vicky, but using VIP.

It was supposed to already have started an hour ago :p.

However I am just sitting in GameRanger with 123 waiting for other people to show up.