Unique scenarios for Latin America

United Kingdom of Río de la Plata, Peru and Chile. Manuel Belgrano-Bernardino Rivadavia's project of 1815 to create a kingdom with Francisco de Paula as king is taken more seriously and finally carried out.

United Kingdom of Río de la Plata, Peru and Chile. Manuel Belgrano-Bernardino Rivadavia's project of 1815 to create a kingdom with Francisco de Paula as king is taken more seriously and finally carried out.
Too far apart to work, you might have Peru+bolivia (and maybe chile). Now having a kingdom that goes from peru to argentina is basically impossible in my opinion. The Andes mountain range separates South America into two parts. On one side we have Brazil, Arganetina, Uruguay and Paraguay. From the other chile (although chile has a greater interaction with argentina), peru, bolivia, ecuador. If the plan is taken seriously, the kingdom will be a union of Peru and Bolivia. With power concentrated in Peru.

(how south america really is)
3_Maps_That_Explain_Why_South_America_Is_Politically_Isolated1.png

Drawing inspiration from Paraguay focusing only on Argentina
-Paraguay focusing solely on Argentina instead of Brazil & Uruguay and successfully conquering it
Like the idea of a scenario where Paraguay pushes southwest beyond Formosa into parts of Salta, Jujuy and Catamarca, before ending up gaining Puna de Atacama thereby sharing a border with Chile and getting into messing disputes with it.

Last edited:
Too far apart to work, you might have Peru+bolivia (and maybe chile). Now having a kingdom that goes from peru to argentina is basically impossible in my opinion. The Andes mountain range separates South America into two parts. On one side we have Brazil, Arganetina, Uruguay and Paraguay. From the other chile (although chile has a greater interaction with argentina), peru, bolivia, ecuador. If the plan is taken seriously, the kingdom will be a union of Peru and Bolivia. With power concentrated in Peru.

(how south america really is)
3_Maps_That_Explain_Why_South_America_Is_Politically_Isolated1.png
I recognize that it would be very difficult to keep the kingdom together given the limited access points from East to West and how dispersed the population is throughout the territory (it was for these very reasons that it was divided in the first place), but I think it is interesting to see how it is giant can overcome these challenges and how the region develops with the continued existence of this state.
PS: being realistic, it would probably only last a short time and then be divided into the territories of the previous viceroys of Rio de la Plata, Peru and Chile.

- War of the Pacific (Chile vs Peru and Bolivia) turning into a South American War between Chile, Brazil, Ecuador and maybe Paraguay vs Peru, Bolivia and Argentina (Uruguay could join in fear of brazilian intervention).
- Argentina and Chile manages to properly industrialize in late 1800, early 1900 and become an immigrant magnet during WW1, leading to a more developed Southern Cone in 2023. (this avoid wars between both natios as they're close trade partners)
- Mapuche people gaining their independence after a disastrous argentinean-chilean campaing in their sides of the Patagonia
- Peru-Bolivian Confederation reforming and turning into a functional republic, "República de los Andes". If they manage to develop further or not depends on their internal policy and ability to avoid or win wars.

On that note
Probably would fit more in Fandom but I'd love to see something being done with the character of Policarpo Quaresma, he's already written as a failed SI of sorts after all
I was going to use him on a list of fictional Presidents of Brazil but I ended giving up on doing that because I didn't remember enough brazilian fictional politicians to finish the list.

On another note, apparently there was a chance of some sort of "Carribean War" happenning during the early to mid cold war. Basically, in 1960 there was an assassination attempt towards venezuelan president Romulo Betancourt headed by the dominican dictator Rafael Trujillo, this turned the relations of the countries in a more antagonistical direction but nothing really came of it since Trujillo was assassinated in the next year. However, its not here where this stops, Trujullo was allied with former venezeuelan dictator and fellow Betancourt rival Perez Jimenez alongside other dictatorships of the area such as the Somozas in Nigaragua and during the 50s they had a common enemy, president José Figuerres Ferrer of Costa Rica, due to his acceptance of exiles from some of the already meantioned regimes, this culminated in a plan to invade Costa Rica to install Ferrer's rival Rafael Calderon in power, but this plan never came to be thanks to a lack of american support since they also liked Ferrer. Although there was a conflict between Nicaragua and Costa Rica in 1955 but it was short-lived.

I feel like under certain conditions if the "stars allign" or something like that we could have a comflict between the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and other central american dictatorships plus a civil war in Venezuela between Betancourt and Perez Jimenez.

Latin America becoming even more balcanized, with all the major countries collapsing like the USCA, leading to dozens and dozens of small countries forming in their wake. Some of them become relatively rich and developed like Uruguay and Costa Rica, while others become Haiti or Honduras tier.

Well apparently it was considered Brazilian Empire to keep Portuguese colonies in África, so it can be happen
It would be interesting to see the long-term effects in Brazil and the African colonies. Not only that, but if decolonization occurs, would Brazil accept abandoning the colonies due to outside pressure? The country has much more muscle than Portugal to deal with rebels.

On the matter of the Brazilian Empire retaining Portuguese colonies in Africa, how plausible would it have been for a scenario where Angola and possibly elsewhere were instead divided between them? Loosely inspired by the unrealised OTL Portuguese breakaway colonies like one in northwest Angola called Zaire with the rest of Angola going to Brazil, on top of Portugal maybe keeping Cabinda and Maputo aka Delagoa Bay.

OTOH it would be a disaster for the Portuguese, however would it still be the case if Portugal ended retaining better parts of its African colonies whilst effectively giving the Brazilian Empire a poisoned chalice depending on how its divided?

Would it have also created an environment for some to ponder a Brazilian Liberia in the rest of Angola, thereby possibly adding an Americo-Liberian-like dimension to the ATL Brazilian Angola Civil War?

It would be interesting to see the long-term effects in Brazil and the African colonies. Not only that, but if decolonization occurs, would Brazil accept abandoning the colonies due to outside pressure? The country has much more muscle than Portugal to deal with rebels.
I guess Brazil don't be to easy to pressure to release the colonies, in fact they can make more effort than Portugal to keep them. But I doubt Brazilians will like South Africa...