Under Center: The NFL In The New Millennium

Without wanting to derail the thread too much I think the problems with your signings are too fold. Firstly, this is the first time Werner and Havertz are living outside Germany and the pandemic means it would be harder for them to settle in and their family can't come and visit them etc. Thiago Silva is more accustomed to living abroad and he's doing fine. Secondly, you brought all these players without working out how they are going to fit into your team so now you have too many attackers and not enough space on the teamsheet.

I totally agree on both counts. I'm not saying that the issue of settling isn't serious, much the contrary, it is especially difficult when you consider how Havertz contracted COVID and had to deal with that in a new, foreign place. What you said with Thiago Silva could also be said of Chilwell, who I've found to be refreshing at a problem area. When it comes to the many attackers problem, we've found ourselves with a schematic deficit, due to conflicting talents. I think that it's also wrong that we're now focusing on Haaland; he's supremely talented, but we're just throwing money at a problem instead of actually sitting down and thinking about our current options.

Haaland will be the best player in the world in three years but with the amount of talent you have you don't really need him if you bring in a centre back and someone like Nagelsmann to manage.

Haaland will be the best player in the world in three years but with the amount of talent you have you don't really need him if you bring in a centre back and someone like Nagelsmann to manage.

No doubt Haaland is great. Unless we sell Werner and another attacking talent, I can’t justify it. I think that Nagelsmann would be great, better than Tuchel.

And I think you should do a baseball TL, if you feel like doing so. I know i'd read
Yeah, I suppose so. It was a passion project, the passion has sort of died out. Doesn’t help that my early posts are absolutely, ludicrously terrible. If I could muster the will to write a baseball TL, I would.

Well, we had fun while it lasted, thanks for giving this for us to enjoy!
My pleasure! I don't know if this is really a goodbye to this TL, I've said I'm done with it in the past, and I've been wrong. Maybe this can pick back up.

And I think you should do a baseball TL, if you feel like doing so. I know i'd read
I would love to, but that is a lot of work. Work and time, which I seem to be having less and less of to spare. I would be a perfectionist with it, as well, so my focus would really be taken up by Baseball References pages.

I would love to, but that is a lot of work. Work and time, which I seem to be having less and less of to spare. I would be a perfectionist with it, as well, so my focus would really be taken up by Baseball References pages.

That's how I do it, baseball reference.com. With some workout the lengths they have to player bios or franchise ownership histories.

I know what you mean though, the one I restarted, I had a lot of the parts right now for the most part but not totally collated from the late 50s through 1990. That's why I was able to do the summary and short Snippets of future baseball the took us through the 70s and Hank Aaron's records 2 years ago.

That's how I do it, baseball reference.com. With some workout the lengths they have to player bios or franchise ownership histories.

I know what you mean though, the one I restarted, I had a lot of the parts right now for the most part but not totally collated from the late 50s through 1990. That's why I was able to do the summary and short Snippets of future baseball the took us through the 70s and Hank Aaron's records 2 years ago.

Yeah, I look at BR from time to time just out of interest. I'm much more of a baseball fan now than I was when I was writing this TL, as I was going through a brief football craze at the time. I think a baseball timeline would be a lot of work, and I don't know if I'm creatively married to a concept enough that I'd actually be able to do it the right way. Plus, if you think I was partial toward certain teams here, it'll be even worse in baseball. As a Mets fan (which, I know, is the saddest possible way to start any sentence), I hate the New York Yankees. I absolutely cannot stand them. So if I were to write a baseball TL, I'd likely keep the Dodgers (and possibly Giants) in New York and possibly create a more multi-polar baseball world. But again, that would require a long-term commitment to the TL and significant research.

You must be getting a kick out of the resumption of my Changing Sox then. :) 8 pennants and 2 World Series titles in a time when they had gobs more in our timeline. And they are going to mess themselves up in the 70s and 80s as well. :)

You must be getting a kick out of the resumption of my Changing Sox then. :) 8 pennants and 2 World Series titles in a time when they had gobs more in our timeline. And they are going to mess themselves up in the 70s and 80s as well. :)

I’ll admit to being a big fan, yes :)

I just feel that my ability to write this stuff would be clouded by my utter partisanship.

Binged through the entire timeline over a couple of days, I love just how much detail and passion clearly went into this over a long period of time. If the hiatus does end up being permanent, still easily one of my favorite reads on this website, and you could argue that the 2017 NFL Draft isn't a bad event to end on with a peek into the future with players like Mahomes now in the league. o7

Binged through the entire timeline over a couple of days, I love just how much detail and passion clearly went into this over a long period of time. If the hiatus does end up being permanent, still easily one of my favorite reads on this website, and you could argue that the 2017 NFL Draft isn't a bad event to end on with a peek into the future with players like Mahomes now in the league. o7

Thank you so much! I think it's probably a permanent hiatus, but as you've said I kinda lucked out on a last post- I have an outline for the next five years in the timeline, but I think it's best to leave it all up to the reader's imagination as to what happens next. All I'll say is that the Colts won't exactly be missing Peyton, if you catch my drift. Currently I'm working on the idea of a baseball timeline starting up right around the beginning of integration. It's moving at a snail's pace, but hopefully I'll have worked up the energy to have the first installment up by Easter (don't hold me to that, though).

Thank you so much! I think it's probably a permanent hiatus, but as you've said I kinda lucked out on a last post- I have an outline for the next five years in the timeline, but I think it's best to leave it all up to the reader's imagination as to what happens next. All I'll say is that the Colts won't exactly be missing Peyton, if you catch my drift. Currently I'm working on the idea of a baseball timeline starting up right around the beginning of integration. It's moving at a snail's pace, but hopefully I'll have worked up the energy to have the first installment up by Easter (don't hold me to that, though).
I hope it continues.