UCS Poll#1: Russia's Colour

Russia's Colour?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wasnt there gold on the empire of russia's flag?
200px-Romanov_Flag.svg.png

Point of Inquiry before I vote:

If Russia gets Green, who gets Gold? Can it please be Serbia so I'm a tad less confused by the four different purples (Austria, Byzantium, Greece [sometimes], & Serbia) and like 3 dark blues (Rumania, Greece [other times], and Bulgaria) that currently exist for the Balkans?
Greece and Byzantium, and Alexander's Macedonian empires are all the same shade. Honestly, I'm still confused why small countries like Romania, Bulgaria, etc, actually need UCS colors, but I guess that's not the general consensus.

Honestly, I'm still confused why small countries like Romania, Bulgaria, etc, actually need UCS colors, but I guess that's not the general consensus.
I don't know. There seems to be a fair number that aren't averse to the Balkans-and-near countries that don't have islands/territory isolated from other territory losing their colours, if they have them.

I remember from one of the UCS threads when they where deciding whether to give Ethiopia/Axum a color, one of the main components to deserving a color was having disjointed territory, control over islands, etc that would make it necessary to show who owns what, so imo, Genoa would be deserving of a color.

Another point was a fairly significant impact on world events, and I don't mean to sound racist or hating on small countries, but when we start throwing in four or five shades of every color just to allow every Gran Columbia successor state, and every state in the Balkans their own color, it just kind of clutters stuff up you know?

Just use whatever colour you want.

If UCS folk are making a whole new bunch of replacement maps getting rid of the generic old base map then use green. If not then stick to gold for consistency.

I'd go with green for Russia, but it will be problematic right next to the Ottoman Empire. What does anyone have to say about that?

mowque

Banned
I'd go with green for Russia, but it will be problematic right next to the Ottoman Empire. What does anyone have to say about that?

I complained a few pages back. No one said anything. Methinks the greens are running scared.

Greece and Byzantium, and Alexander's Macedonian empires are all the same shade. Honestly, I'm still confused why small countries like Romania, Bulgaria, etc, actually need UCS colors, but I guess that's not the general consensus.
Greece and Serbia/Yugoslavia seem to trade who gets Byzantium's purple based on the Map's creator(if Serbia gets it then Greece is a blue that is similar to the color often used for Rumania). Or at least that's been my perception(I realize the established rule is that Greece gets Byzantium's purple).

Just use whatever colour you want.

If UCS folk are making a whole new bunch of replacement maps getting rid of the generic old base map then use green. If not then stick to gold for consistency.
Well, the base-map people are updating the Worlda map, and, from what I gather, are planning to update the OTL maps when that's done. Since the OTL Worlda maps uses the UCS...
The greens don't look all that similar, so it's not as bad as it might seem at first glance.

Well, the base-map people are updating the Worlda map, and, from what I gather, are planning to update the OTL maps when that's done. Since the OTL Worlda maps uses the UCS...

The greens don't look all that similar, so it's not as bad as it might seem at first glance.

Also Russia and Spain are much closer right now, which is annoying if you have a more colonial Russia or any Spanish influence near Russia.

It's almost a pity we couldn't see the evolution of the vote over the week on a graph. Every time a check back it just gets more interesting.