Trying to Please Everyone: Or Converting multiple Pop Culture Utopias into a Timeline.

You were luckier than me...my older sister was EXACTLY in the age range for the original (i.e. in diapers) when it came out and she was obsessed with it.

Fortunately I grew up watching the GOOD cartoons.

K-metal_cover.jpg

Superman reveals his identity to Lois Lane, The K Metal from Krypton, 1940, Reprint
Not sure if this is a problem on your end or mine, but I can't see the picture.

I thought I’d just throw a few mini updates out there in regards to recent pop culture of this year so far.

the COVID 19 pandemic still happens but is significantly reduced to about 200,000 deaths. Meaning it does not impact popular culture release dates and events but can still influence it creatively.

Anime
Demon Slayer would actually be more popular than OTL due to My Hero Academia’s creator writing X-Men ITTL.

the creator of Berserk is alive and working in the series. Though he likely felt a chill run down his spine and has now taken the Oda approach and written how the series would end in the event of his death. OTL it seems his death was caused by overwork and TTL has laws to precent overworking mangaka

Animation
Disney’s entire lineup of films is going to change so there is no saying yet if Raya and the Last Dragon and Luca even exist. Though Soul likely still does. Though a reduced COVID means Blue Sky Studios does not shutdown. It would also impact Disney + censorship since there may not be a reason to censor those films.

The Mitchell vs the Machines was released in 2020 and was the highest grossing Animated film that year, being usurped by Demon Slayer: Demon Train in 2021.

Comics
ITTL many manga creators are writing Marvel and DC Superheroes with full creative freedom. This includes a Dragonball Z style Superman series, A Batman series which begins by focusing on Bruce’s training to avenger his parent’s deaths. A Spider-Man romance series and the aforementioned X-Men My Hero Academia style series.

works like Emilia Clarke’s M.O.M. And I am Not Starfire do not exist ITTL.

Film
Snake Eyes and Cruella do not exist ITTL. Space Jam 2, Black Widow, Army of the Dead and The Suicide Squad likely do exist but are very different and we’re likely released earlier than OTL. Army of the Dead specifically was released sometime after Zack Snyder’s Dawn of the Dead. Meaning Bautista stars in James Gunn’s Suicide Squad film.

Television
The Boys and Invincible will likely have a crossover at least in an Invincible episode, which will have the shows switch styles(The Boys becoming animated Invincible Style and the Invincible cast become live action played mainly by their voice actors). This is due to the Invincible comic having crossover arcs already.

A butterfly effect of reduced COVID is Tiger King is never as popular as OTL. Being much more niche.

still unclear if the Disney+ Marvel shows still exist, are movies instead or are radically different. Gina Carano is still on the Mandalorian due to the 2016 Election going the other way, butterflying away her comments on Twitter.

A script for a live action Powerpuff Girls wouldn’t exist. I honestly imagine a Anime series similar in plot to Fusion Fall with multiple Cartoon Network characters, including the Powerpuff Girls being depicted as teenagers.

Video Games
Another butterfly as a result of COVID is Among Us is not as popular. Though somewhat cushioned as the developers were about to begin on Among Us 2, possibly just pushing the craze rather than averting it.

other
Bill Cosby is either deceased or still in jail.

Drake Bell is a bit tricky. Might need more facts in the case. It’s possible he avoids going down that path altogether provided it’s recent. Any activity prior to Drake and Josh’s development would threaten to butterfly away that series.

Christene Weston Chandler…oh boy. I was originally going to have Chris-Chan get help but now…(no I won’t say what he did. I could get kicked for that. Just look it up if you don’t know but be warned extreme squick). I am seriously considering going down the Player Two Start route. Maybe moved up to July 30th of this year. I do still have plans to go through rewriting Sonichu to basically be more akin to OTL’s tail got trolled or Scoob and Shag. Starting off appearing to be a terrible before surprising everyone by becoming surprisingly good. That may still happen. Terrible people can still make amazing work provided the individual can be separated from the enjoyment of said work. John K, Bill Cosby, Orson Scott Card, H.P Lovecraft…

Last edited:
1960-1964 in Anime

1960-1964 in Anime
A631-9.jpg

Journey to the West(1960)
Based on the 16th Century Chinese novel of the same name, and adapting it, albeit in a truncated form due to its length. Toei hired Osamu Tezuka as the director[1]. Tezuka credits the film with jumpstarting his interest in animation. The film is credited with inspiring Bowser of the Mario franchise, who Shigeru Miyamoto based on the Ox King from this film.

three tales nhk 1960.png

Three Tales(1960)
Three Tales was a short anthology first shown on the NHK Channel and retelling three fairy tales. It was the first animated Segment ever aired on Television. Writer Kenji Miyazawa died before seeing his story turned into an anime while Mia Ogawa died one year after the show’s release.

Otogi_Manga_Calendar_screen_shot.jpg

Instant History(1961-1964)
The First Anime Series. The premise was that one character wanted to know what happened "Today in History" and was shown by the narrator. Sometimes films and photographs were used. The director, Fuku-Chan's newspaper, which he was printing in his manga, was the main source of research. it originally aired as 3 minute shorts before becoming a series. It was broadcast on Fuji TV and sponsored by Meiji Seika.

hqdefault.jpg

The Mighty Atom(1963-1966)
Based on the Manga of the same name created by Osamu Tezuka, which ran from 1952 to 1968. The Mighty Atom maintained its name throughout all translations[2]. The series is set in the then future year of 2003. Scientist Dr.Tenma loses his son Tobio in a car crash. He sets out to create an android in his son's image. However, Tenma grows to hate his robotic son as he expresses robotic traits rather than human ones and sells the robot to a circus. Professor Ochanomizu, another scientist who has succeeded Dr.Tenma as the head of the Ministry of Science, finds the Mighty Atom and adopts him. The Mighty Atom then becomes a hero, fighting both injustice and for robot rights. One of Atom's biggest enemies being his own father, Tenma, now a mad scientist based on world domination and having built other robots for that purpose as well as replacing Tobio. Tezuka used the series to adapt his manga ideas, resulting both both the anime and the Manga being released simultaneously.

One episode concluded another of Osamu Tezuka's Mangas Princess Knight. The plot of that Manga involved a Princess that pretends to be a man to serve as a warrior, eventually developing a male split personality. The Episode involved a time traveller recruiting Tezuka character The Mighty Atom and Surgeon Black Jack to save the life of Princess Knight, who the Time traveller accidentally wounded. Black Jack is needed to save her life while the Mighty Atom must defeat an army of invading monsters. The leader of the monsters captured Black Jack and makes him promise not to save the Prince. He agrees. Black Jack then goes forward with the operation. when the leader of the monsters burst in to question him about breaking his promise it is revealed that the Prince, is actually the Princess and Black Jack therefore saved her life. Her identity being revealed she is initially shunned by he Kingdom but Black Jack makes a speech towards accepting Women that turns the crowd around. As a reward from the Kingdom, he is given access to the Royal treasury. He takes one coin. When he gets back to the Present of 2003, the Coin is scanned and revealed to be now worth Millions.

The Finale was released on New Year’s 1966 and ended with a solar flare caused by Dr.Tenma about to devastate Earth. The Mighty Atom is able to convince Dr.Tenma to reform and the two hug. The Mighty Atom then nearly sacrifices himself to stop the flare, almost dying in the process. In the epilogue, Robots and Humans finally get along and the Mighty Atom sheds a single tear in happiness.

Syndication began soon after under Producer Fred Ladd and NBC. IT was the first Japanese show to air in the US. Tezuka fought to have a scene of a dog being operated on be kept in. While initially successful its success would wane due to the American audience finding some scene too violent and depressing for the time and because it was still in black and white as Colored TVs were coming out.

sddefault.jpg

Tetsujin 28-go(1963-1966)
Based on the Manga that ran from 1956 to 1966 by Mitsuteru Yokoyama. Tetsujin 28-go concerned Jimmy Sparks, a young boy living in 2000 who discovered a remote control that allowed him to control a robot built by his father during World War II, originally as a weapon, the boy turns it into a superhero. The series was renamed "Gigantor" for a west release due to fears of a lawsuit from Marvel Comics Iron Man(the title translates to Iron Man No 28). The series did well despite some scathing reviews such as one from Variety calling it "strictly in the retarded babysitter class". Fred Ladd, having brought over the Mighty Atom, brought over the series as well. The series was popular with teenagers though not with adults. The show aired in Australia where it received immense popularity, complimenting a “Japamania” rise there when it aired in 1963 alongside the live action show “The Samurai”. The first Japanese TV show aired in Australia.

hqdefault-1.jpg

8 Man(1963-1966)
Private investigator Hachiro Azuma is ambushed by criminals and nearly murdered by a mysterious scientist saves his life, turning him into a cyborg. The first of Japan’s Cyborg heroes, predating Kamen Rider. 8 Man recharged with special cigarettes, which was edited out in the US release.

maxresdefault.jpg

Doggie March(1963)
A film created by Toei Animation. The film is a loose adaptation of the story of the 47 Ronin. It follows a puppy named Rock who’s mother is killed by the Tiger Killer and Fox Akamimi. Rock forms an army on dogs to get revenge. Hayao Miyazaki worked on the film. The character of Rabi the Rabbit was reused for the film The Little Prince and the Eight Headed Dragon. The next film.

Little-prince-8-cel.jpg

The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon(1963)
The 6th film released by Tōei Dōga. Based on the myth go the storm god Susanno’s battle with the Yamata no Orochi. The film is considered one of the best in Anime. Several rising talents including Yasuo Ōtsuka and Yōichi Kotabe. The story follows Susanoo, a young boy who’s mother Izanami, one of the two gods who founded Japan along with his father Izanagi, dies. Susanoo’s father tells him she is in heaven and Susan sets out a quest to go to heaven and find his mother. He meets and falls in love with a princess who he must battle an eight headed dragon to defeat. The music was done by acclaimed composer Akira Ifukube. The film has also been a credited inspiration for Genndy Tartakovsky’s Samurai Jack and Tom Moore’s own career due to its style of animation.

Big_X_1964.png

Big X(1964-1965)
Based on the Osamu Tezuka Manga that ran from 1963 to 1966. The series follows Dr.Asagumo who is tasked with creating a super soldier by the Nazis but hides and delays the project as long as possible, giving it to his son Shigeru. When his father is murdered, by his old partner Dr.Engel, Shigeru takes up the identity of Big X and battles the remains of the Nazi Alliance and Dr.Engel, foiling their plans to takeover the world[3].

fujimaru1.jpg

Ishimaru of the Wind: The Childhood of a Ninja(1964-1965)
Based on the Manga Ishimaru of the Wind and animated by Yasuji More and Hayao Miyazaki. The series follows a young ninja who learns he can control the wind. He searches for his lost mother while finding scrolls from the Ryuen Book that teach him new ninja techniques to battle Japusai, who is also searching for the scrolls. He finds his mother but destroys the Ryuen Book to prevent Japusai from becoming too powerful if he obtained it[4]

NOTES

[1] Known OTL as Alakazam the Great! OTL Tezuka admitted he only came in for publicity shoots. He’s more involved ITTL, making the film a bit better.

[2] The Mighty Atom is known as Astro Boy in the west. A name that does not exist ITTL.

[3] OTL the antagonist of Big X was Dr.Engel’s grandson, ITTL it is instead a still living original Dr.Engel.

[4] OTL the film protagonist was renamed from Ishimaru to Fujimaru due to sponsor Fujisawa Pharmaceuticals. A different sponsor means the original name stays intact.​

Last edited:
A random question: what happens to "Conker's Bad Fur Day"?

The reason I'm asking is because what this game was originally planned as was radically different than the finished product.

A random question: what happens to "Conker's Bad Fur Day"?

The reason I'm asking is because what this game was originally planned as was radically different than the finished product.
My current plan is Bad Fur Day is a Sequel to the original game after it was just received as a Banjo Kazooie clone and Bad Fur Day overshadowed the original(just as Team Fortress 2 and Street Fighter 2 did).

My Little Pony: Generation I(1981-1992)
My Little Pony: Generation I
hrxey6I-min.png
My Little Pony is a franchise developed by Bonnie Zacherle, Charles Muenchinger, and Steve D'Aguanno for Hasbro in 1981. The Ponies came in multiple colors with symbols on their sides not referred to as Cutie Marks. The franchise has been revamped several times, each era dubbed a "Generation" by fans and creators alike. While aimed at young girls, the franchise found unexpected popularity among adults, referred to as "Bronies" a portmanteau of Bro and Pony. The original toy line ran from 1982 to 1992 and had many animated specials, including a television series and a Movie. Several of the characters would serve as the inspiration for their later incarnations including Firefly, and Twilight Velvet, while other characters would carry over such as Spike and Applejack. The show also incldued a Pony named First Born(cut from the series OTL but still have a toy released). The Ponies, and the human character Megan, who was transported to the magical land of Equestria, were often put in danger by a magically gifted villain. The first animated special Rescue at Midnight Castle, featured the antagonists of Scorpan and Tirac and My Little Pony: The Movie feature the Smooze, a sentient evergrowing slime threatening to engulf the entire land of Equestria. The show's success, and its occasionally darker tone at times led to a crossover with the Transformers franchise in 1986. The crossover depicted the Decepticons arriving in Equestria and wreaking havoc, forcing the Ponies to magically summon the Autobots for help and the two groups then working to expel the invasion. This would not be the last time the two crossed over.

Despite its success, the franchise lingered in Development Hell for almost 30 years afterwards as several attempts to revive the franchise failed. It would not be until 2010 when the franchise would be rebooted in a big way, becoming much larger than anyone could have anticipated.

My Little Pony: Generation I
View attachment 670697
My Little Pony is a franchise developed by Bonnie Zacherle, Charles Muenchinger, and Steve D'Aguanno for Hasbro in 1981. The Ponies came in multiple colors with symbols on their sides not referred to as Cutie Marks. The franchise has been revamped several times, each era dubbed a "Generation" by fans and creators alike. While aimed at young girls, the franchise found unexpected popularity among adults, referred to as "Bronies" a portmanteau of Bro and Pony. The original toy line ran from 1982 to 1992 and had many animated specials, including a television series and a Movie. Several of the characters would serve as the inspiration for their later incarnations including Firefly, and Twilight Velvet, while other characters would carry over such as Spike and Applejack. The show also incldued a Pony named First Born(cut from the series OTL but still have a toy released). The Ponies, and the human character Megan, who was transported to the magical land of Equestria, were often put in danger by a magically gifted villain. The first animated special Rescue at Midnight Castle, featured the antagonists of Scorpan and Tirac and My Little Pony: The Movie feature the Smooze, a sentient evergrowing slime threatening to engulf the entire land of Equestria. The show's success, and its occasionally darker tone at times led to a crossover with the Transformers franchise in 1986. The crossover depicted the Decepticons arriving in Equestria and wreaking havoc, forcing the Ponies to magically summon the Autobots for help and the two groups then working to expel the invasion. This would not be the last time the two crossed over.

Despite its success, the franchise lingered in Development Hell for almost 30 years afterwards as several attempts to revive the franchise failed. It would not be until 2010 when the franchise would be rebooted in a big way, becoming much larger than anyone could have anticipated.
So, no G3? Im ok with that

So, no G3? Im ok with that
A lot of people would be. Though the biggest butterfly of this is Rainbow Dash is instead the G1 character Firefly. As opposed to the OTL version who is a combination of G1’s Firefly and G3’s Rainbow Dash. Now we just have have Firefly. Other changes in characters. Which will be addressed next time. make this lean more towards a hard reboot of G1.

My Little Pony Adventures: Season 1-3(2010-2013)
Because of how long the post was turning out to be, this will be updated gradually with each Season being added, similar to the Doctor Who Entries. There will also likely be an extra post covering fanworks due to the enormity of Fandom works created.
My Little Pony Adventures
th-3.jpg

Lauren Faust
Lauren Faust approached Hasbro with the idea for her own original show Galaxy Girls. Hasbro agreed to fund the show, with the caveat that Faust develop a reboot of the My Little Pony Franchise. While skeptical, Faust took the job anyway, being contractually obligated to complete only one season and with a full staff. Faust's reluctance to take the job was mainly due to a dislike for showed aimed at girls and set out to prove that "cartoons for girls don't have to be a puddle of smooshy, cutesy-wootsy, goody-two-shoeness". Faust wanted this show to be different, more on par with her work on The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, which she had won Emmys on. My Little Pony: Generation 2 would prove to be bigger than anyone could have ever anticipated.

The series incorporated many things that contradicted girly stereotypes including within the morales of how friends usually realistically act and lessons for developing people. The series was also based on Faust's own imagination of the toys. This includes that three races of Ponies existed, Unicorns, Pegasi and Earth Ponies, with the series using this to address allegories for prejudice. The Pegasi were able to fly and control weather, including creating buildings and objects out of clouds. The Ponies were more realistic horses, such as pulling carts, wearing saddles and using their mouths to pick things up. Hasbro responded positively to Faust's pitches. The show included an even mix "Adventure stories" and "Relationship stories"(OTL this was cut down to go easier on the animators).

Characters
c268c616_7699_49c3_996e_cb7fef61a06f.jpg

In Order: Surprise, Sparkler, Firefly, Twilight Velvet, Applejack and Posey
The show followed the characters: Twilight Velvet, the magically inclined student of the ruler and goddess Queen Celestia, Applejack, a cowgirl type character, Firefly, a Tomboy and self proclaimed Badass often compared to Sonic the Hedgehog in personality and abilities, including Superspeed. Surprise,a yellow pegasus obsessed with parties and capable of fourth wall breaking humor, and employing gag based weapons similar to DC's the Joker in combat situations. Posey, a shy pony who loved animals, similar to Snow White, and Sparkler, a fashionista(OTL in order: Twilight Sparkle, Applejack,Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity. Applejack is the only one identical, while Posey looks exactly like Fluttershy but is not a Pegasus).

Supporting Characters with different names from OTL include Queen Selene(Princess Luna OTL), Apple Seed(Apple Bloom OTL), Big Apple(Big Macintosh OTL), Grizelda(Gilda OTL) and Shaman( Zecora OTL).

Faust brought on Martin Ansolabehere and Paul Rudish to flesh out the world along with her husband Craig McCracken, creator of The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. The town of Ponyville was created to be based off a German village seen in Fairy Tales. The City of Canterlot was drawn as Castles and Cathedrals seated on the side of a large Mountain. In Show differences including Sweet Apple Acres being called Sweet Apple Orchard, The local School newspaper is named The Horse's Mouth instead of the Foal Free Press. The ponies also have very different body types at moments.

My Little Pony Adventures premiered on the Hub. Notable episodes include:

Season One
Mare in the Moon-The Premiere two parter Episode. Twilight Velvet discovers a prophecy concerning the return of the long banished sister of Equestria's ruler Queen Celestia, Queen Selene, who became the villain Nightmare Moon. Her mentor Queen Celestia dismisses these fears but sends Twilight and her dragon assistant Spike to the town of Ponyville on a mission to find the mythical Elements of Harmony, which are said to banish evil. When Nightmare Moon appears, having defeated Celestia, plunges the world into eternal night(with the mentioned consequence that all animal life will either freeze to death or starve to death as all plantlife dies). Twilight recruits several other ponies she met that day, including Applejack, Firefly, Sparkler, Posey and Surprise on the quest to find the Elements. During the journey across the land, the group encounters obstacles which result in a member of the group demonstrating traits associated with the elements. They succeed in reaching the elements and using them to free Queen Selene from the Demonic possession of Nightmare Moon. Though it is brought up that Firefly and Applejack may have gotten their elements mixed up since both of them represent "Loyalty" and "Honesty". As for the other elements, Sparkler takes "Inspiration"(replacing OTL's "Generosity"), Surprise takes "Laughter", Posey takes "Kindness" and Twilight takes "Magic".

The show was an unexpected hit among adults, leading to the formation of the "Brony" culture, which would develop fan works around the show, which themselves would loop back into influencing its direction. One of these sprouted from the first episode. A joke started that a Pony in the background resembled the Tenth Doctor, as played by David Tennant. He was henceforth jokingly referred to as "Doctor Whooves." Hasbro gained permission to use the name and some elements of Doctor Who from the BBC, resulting in an audio series under that name(pretty much the safest way they could have made such a series). Doctor Whooves revolved around the Doctor from the original show finding himself stranded in Equestria and taking on first supporting character Ditzy Doo and then Twilight Velvet as companions.

The next episode introduced an overarching story concerning the Elements of Harmony(referred to as the Mane Six by the staff and fans), learning of a plot to be unleashed at the Grand Galloping Gala. Queen Celestia gets all six tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala so that they could attend the event.

Of the Episodes that are the same plotwise are Applebuck Season(though there is an added scene of Applejack helping Sparkler as OTL there was a deleted scene of Applejack helping Rarity, making her the only friend who isn't shown helping out), Griffin the Brush off, Look Before you Sleep, Swarm of the Century, Winter Wrap Up, Fall Weather Friends, Suited for Success, A Dog and Pony Show, Green Isn't your Color, A Bird in the Hoof, Owl's Well that Ends Well, and Party of One.

Boast Busters is a bit different, with the magician Trixie outright directly humiliating the mane six members rather than them directly antagonizing her and being punished for it. Twilight refuses to get involved out of a meta awareness that if she did get involved and humiliated Trixie with her superior magic, then Trixie would vow revenge and become a villain and Twilight refuses to deal with that. When an Ursa Major, a creature that Trixie claimed to have previously beaten attacks the town, she fails and Twilight does indeed defeat it, before revealing that was actually an Ursa Minor, an Ursa Major is far worse and is briefly seen(the original design is actually far more monstrous than OTL).

The Episode Dragonquest (Dragonshy OTL) has a similar plot in which the Mane Six have to drive a Dragon out of a mountain as it poses a threat to the locals. Posey is afraid to face it but reveals that she has an ability known as the Stare, a stare capable of paralyzing anything in fear. After the Dragon throws the Ponies off the Mountain, Posey loses it and uses the Stare to scare away the Dragon(consequently episode "The Star Master" does not exist ITTL due to being redundant if included). The episode also includes a different version of the song "Hop, Skip and Jump."

Bridle Gossip has one detail changed. all members of the Mane Six are cursed in some way. Applejack is shrunk to be tiny, Surprise's tongue becomes too big for them to speak without spitting, Sparkler's mane becomes big and tangled, Firefly's wings become backwards, Twilight's horn becomes flacid, but the change comes regarding Posey, who is given a deep voice, provided by Morgan Freeman.

"Call of Cutie" introduces the Cutie Mark Crusaders, children characters who are looking for their Cutie Marks, the symbol that appears on a Pony's body when they discover their special talent. This group includes Applejack's sister Appleseed, Rarity's sister Sweetie Belle, and the orphaned Firefly fan girl Scootaloo. At Lauren Faust's suggestion, this broke off into another Series as "The Cutie Mark Crusader Chronicles" which is usually included with episodes of the main show(and consists of most of the OTL Cutie Mark Crusader focused Episodes such as the Show Stoppers).

Pinkie Sense is instead "Surprise Sense." which introduces Surprise as having an ability akin to Spider-Man's spider sense known as "Surprise Sense" that allows Surprise to predict the immediate future. Twilight attempts to uncover just how the Surprise Sense works.

"Buckaneer Blaze" combines elements of the plot of the OTL "Sonic Rainboom" and "The Cutie Mark Chronicles". The episode has a celebration being put on by the Pegasi that Firefly performs in. The Pegasi become hyped to see a move known as the Buckaneer Blaze, but Firefly has not been able to perform it since their childhood when bullies nearly killed her and Posey. This caused Firefly to release a massive burst of fire that they've been unable to replicate. Each member of the mane six has a flashback to where they were when the Buckaneer Blaze was spotted over Equestria and how its presence and experience changed the lives of each of them into what they are now. Realizing, this the group decides to help Firefly win. Sparkler begins to perform in her place when Firefly is too nervous to compete, but when her artificial wings catch fire, she begins to fall to her death. Firefly moves to save her and in the process recreates the Buccaneer Blaze.

Over a Barrel is a more somber episode, concerning the Mane Six trying to prevent a war between the Bison Tribe and the people of the town of Appleloosa. Despite their best efforts a battle still ensues(unlike OTL the battle is not caused by Pinkie Pie or Surprise). The battle is interrupted and a deal made, though casualties are implied. The Bisons then leave, disappearing into a dust storm.

Grand Galloping Gala is the Final Episode and brings back the plot of a conspiracy against the Queens, seemingly attempting to frame the newly returned Queen Selene. The conspirator is revealed to be Sparkler's crush Duke Blueblood.

Season Two
largely OTL Episodes include The Return of Harmony, Lesson Zero, Luna Eclipsed, Sisterhooves Social, May the Best Pet Win, Baby Cakes, The Last Roundup, The SUper Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Read it and Weep, A Friend in Deed, Putting your Hoof Down, It's about Time, Dragon Journey, A Canterlot Wedding, and Hurricane Surprise(OTL's Hurricane Fluttershy but since Posey isn't a Pegasus it involves Surprise instead, who is too crazy to really order around),

The Cutie Pox, and Family Appreciation Day, Hearts and Hooves Day, Ponyville Confidential are Cutie Mark Crusaders episodes.

The Mysterious Mare Do-Well is different. The group become involved in stopping a Criminal gang, since most of the characters have loved ones threatened if they take action against the gang, they each assume one costumed identity which they all take turns acting in. This includes Firelfy rather than keeping the identity secret, though the identity is abandoned once the gang is defeated.

The Episode "Sweet and Elite" introduces Shining Armor and Cadence(Notably not an Alicorn or a Princess but a Unicorn as per Lauren Faust's notes before she left) as they would logically be guests at Twilight's Birthday Party. The episode also reveals the two will be getting married.

Secret of My Excess is the Christmas Special, though it is known as Hearth's Warming Eve in Equestria. The plot is kicked off by Spike receiving a gift that transforms him into a full grown dragon that goes on a rampage.

Mystery on the Friendship Express is a more direct mystery with an object being stolen and a genuine culprit.

Season Three
Consisting of 26 episodes rather than the 13 of OTL. The Crystal Empire is similar to OTL plotwise, though it's mentioned to have once been much larger, now reduced to one city. An illusion of King Sombra also appears before Twilight, providing the character with a voice(provided by Kevin Michael Richardson) as they struggle to save the Crystal Kingdom.

"Too Many Surprises"(OTL's Too many Pinkie Pies). Unlike OTL there is a test to determine which Surprise is real. The clones also disappear into smoke if killed, thus clarifying that that the remaining Surprise is the real one.

"One Bad Apple", an episode of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, ends with the characters standing up to their bullies, but also helping them find help, serving a more positive example of how to deal with bullying. Sleepless in Ponyville is also a Cutie Mark Crusaders episode.

Magic Duel features the return of Trixie, who possessed the Unicharm(TTL's Alicorn Amulet), which unknown to Trixie, corrupts the user.

Wonderbolts Academy features Wildfire and features a redemption arc for Lightning Dust, and Firefly remaining in the Wonderbolts.

Spike at Your Service features Spike swearing loyalty to Sparkler, his crush, instead of the OTL Applejack, justifying his clumsiness in the episode as him being distracted by his love.

Due to the length of the season there are several Episodes focusing on the Equestrian Games with various characters, major and supporting, competing. The series also includes adaptations of several Comic arcs, featuring the return of Queen Chrysalis and Nightmare Rarity arcs.

Magical Mystery Cure is a two parter. This involves Celestia bringing Twilight a box, which she believed was connected to her mentor Starswirl the Bearded. The box acts strangely and opens, bringing Twilight into an alternate reality where all her friends have swapped places with each other. Celestia reveals that she doesn't know how to fix this. Twilight eventually restores the memories of her friends which causes the world to be restored to normal. Twilight, being able to accomplish something which Celestia could not, leads Celestia to declare Twilight her successor. Twilight agrees and is transformed into an Alicorn.​

Last edited: