Toonami as its own network

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 August 2000
Only a month to go before the Olympics start and I am interested to see what toonami does with a few of the bumpers that they have planned for it but before that I saw this game review that TOM did for marvel vs capcom 2 new age of heroes which I thought was pretty accurate for how I thought it was personally it’s almost like I am played by Ron Perlman and am a robot host or a popular channel that is available on basic cable take a listen
TOM 2 I have had this game for a while now and I always wanted to get back to it but things with the channel got in the way and whenever I do have time to unwind I always go back to marvel vs capcom 2 new age of heroes it’s a relatively simple game in terms of it‘s what it says on the jar syndrome in that you pit marvel characters like spider man the x men iron man the hulk and Thor to name a few against capcom characters like Chun li ryu and mega man to name a few of the capcom characters that are being offered to you as if they were on a silver platter although the one thing that did catch me off guard in the sense that I wasn’t expecting to show up in the game was this concept of a story mode and might I just say the storyline of the story mode is slightly based off of a graphic novel that I have been reading to SARA lately called Hellboy seed of destruction (possible foreshadowing to a future role by TOM’s voice actor) and I absolutely love that concept showing up in more games hope it goes somewhere else in the future toonami gives marvel vs capcom 2 8/10 avengers assemble.
spooky isn’t it?
Solomon Rodgers

1 September 2000
The month of the Olympics begins and the intensity of it all begins on the TV and toonami will be joining the fun by holding a series of marathons of sports anime and animated series which seems to be ok on paper but the practice is that TOM himself will be participating in a few sports look at this promo, (via audio)
TOM 2 man have I been getting chubby lately SARA what should I do to get fit?
SARA well the Olympics is beginning soon so how about you exercise to some sports?
TOM 2 well it mount seem cliche to do but whatever I will do it and you toonnami faithful at home can watch me do it with the toonami Olympics marathon.
SARA and maybe watch him actually do a marathon.
TOM 2 yes very funny there the toonami Olympics starts 15 September at midnight only toonami.
kids love it.
will be watching it when it begins.
Solomon Rodgers

Deleted member 143718

Nice. Was beginning to think this was dead.
Yeah, I was taking a break from this to work on another project. I'm gonna be posting some new TL-93 stuff here soon… including an alternate history of the DC Cinematic Universe (being with Batman Begins in 2005). I’m not sure when I'll post it, but when the time comes… you'll know.

2 October 2000
the olympics are offically over now but were good while they lasted and the toonami event that happened that saw TOM 2 getting fit went over pretty well in the ratings I have heard I can see this kind of thing happening with all future Olympic Games.
Solomon Rodgers

5 July 2000 (filler post)
The independance day airing of the iron giant on toonami happened yesterday and it was also my first time seeing it as i missed it when it came out last year which was understandable at the time as I may have been at school but anyway might I just say that the movie was very good I wonder why it flopped at the box office initially this is a masterpiece of animation if there ever was one post lion king will be seeing it again next year if it airs on there again.
Solomon Rodgers

2 June 2000 (filler post)
The summer is here and the teem is about to come to an end so that will mean that I will be having plenty of time to watch toonami so that is good may as well practice now but when I tuned in toonami was actually making a speech on book reading take a listen,
TOM 2 I have been reading a lot of books lately from Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban to a few Hellboy comics (more foreshadowing) I have been reading a lot of books so I thought may as well make a speech about it a caption pops up on SARA’s screen that says book reading book reading has been a tradition since the Dawn of time although mind you cavemen didn’t really have any books back then they had to look at cave drawings back then but other then that book reading has been vital for a while and even to this day but a lot of you guys are unmotivated to actually pick up a book so if you guys are unsure about weather or not to pick up a book just go ahead and do it and get some knowledge into you while you are at it as well.
Very inspiring.
Solomon Rodgers

26 September 2000
I have been liking the toonami Olympics tie that they have been doing as it involved TOM 2 getting a bit of exercice as he was putting on a bit of weight in universe and might I say the lighter TOM 2 is looking kind of good here and his first mission with this look do a promo for a green lantern animated series and it sounded intriguing as well listen
TOM 2 well all the rings are forming together to make something interesting and the sidestroke corps has rarely for them at least approved the concept of this idea and it will be worth it this time as toonami has decided to make this idea an exclusive show for the network he shoots an arrow indicating that he is doing archery green lantern the animated series premieres 17 March 2001 at 8:00PM only toonami.
sign me up.
Solomon Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.