Too Sweet!: A WCW Survives Collaborative Timeline

Nice update! Semi-random question...with a surviving WCW how do you all think Bullet Club gets impacted? Does it still form and if so what do you all think it is like?
We're 13 year since that happen, could happen or just the members distributed among all the companies at the time

Nice update! Semi-random question...with a surviving WCW how do you all think Bullet Club gets impacted? Does it still form and if so what do you all think it is like?

Who knows, That would be more a New Japan question but with WCW having the rights to the nWo and making a deal with All Japan, i'd imagine vastly different. It will be popular for sure but without AJ Styles going, its likely the group doesn't last as long but then again, its going to be at least 13 years till the group starts anyway.

I'd look out for some kind of new iteration of the nWo in Japan and even in WCW by that time.

WCW Spring Stampede 2000

Venue: United Center in Chicago, Illinois.

Bringing in a whopper of 16,568 attendees, we got a slobberknocker of a card.

ESPN Pre-Show:

• Stevie Richards (w/Blue Meanie) d. Low Ki. I was wrong, bWo still are on the roster, have Low Ki be a maniac and attack Blue meanie after the match with some stiff kicks.

• Katilyn Rhodes(w/Nora Greenfield) d. Alexis Laree(w/Jaime Noble and Jimmy Yang)

• Psychosis & Super Crazy d. Katsuyori Shibata & Hiroshi Tanahashi. Good exposure for our future All Japan aces, but as is tradition, they lose a ton in the early days.

Main Card:

• Los Guerreros d. Johnny Ace and Dr. Death Steve Williams. Another match to hype the crowd while continuing to build up Eddie and Chavo. Eddie wins by breaking out the Lasso from El Paso aka (The Texas Cloverleaf) on Johnny while Chavo gives Death a frog splash to the floor.

• NWA Junior Heavyweight Championship: AJ Styles d. Christopher Daniels. With Shane and Devon gone over to All Japan for the tournament, AJ gets another challenge at the hands of the Fallen Angel. This is pretty much every AJ/Daniels match in a nutshell. Countering finishers, trading the inverted ddt, and lots of quick roll ups. AJ wins when Daniels goes for a split leg moonsault, only for AJ to get his knees up and then a Styles Clash for the victory. After the match, Air Paris smacks him upside the head and raises the belt.

• NWA Women's Championship: Manami Toyota (c.) d. Nora Greenfield (w/Kaitlyn Rhodes) and Ayako Hamada. Japan, Mexico. Another great match to succeed. Toyota gets the win with an ocean bomb and up the ramp she is confronted by Daffney, who slides her hand down the belt when Toyota raises it.

• Dustin Rhodes (w/Jeff Jarrett) d. Chris Candido (w/Dean Malenko). Dean would get a shot at the US title at the post Uncensored Nitro, but he would lose making him feel that he's not good enough for the top belts. It shows in this match as Chris finds himself getting regularly slammed by the Chosen Sons. Final Cut ends this match while Elix Skipper and Paul Heyman drags Chris off to the back. Dean stands alone moping.

• Booker T d. Tatsumi Fujinami. After last month's brawl, Mike Awesome has been suspended for the month. With no upward movement for Booker (for now), he makes and open challenge and out comes the third of the All Japan Rookies. 10 minutes of Booker being stiff leads to an Axe Kick and the win.

• Raven d. Tazz in a hardcore match. This is the last hurrah for Tazz as he's moving onto the great white north. Raven ends it with a Raven Effect into a chair from the second turnbuckle.

• NWA Tag: Dudleyz d. Jersey Triad (Kanyon & Bam Bam). 3D ends this rather quickly. Another match where the Dudleyz clean sweep both of their opponents and demand better competitors for their defenses. Ask and soon you will receive.

• NWA US: Chris Benoit d. Chris Jericho (c.) This is easily match of the night. If you need a OTL version of this match, just go watch their first match at Backlash 2000 but without the diving headbutts. Chris reverses the lionsault into the crossface for the win.

• NWA World: Owen Hart d. Great Muta. Muta had came over as the All Japan Rookies throughout the month and all 3 are there to study this match (both in kayfabe and in shoot.) Owen just wants to take on Muta to continue solidifying that he is the best NWA champion of all time. Muta throws everything at Owen: his rookies, the mist, and finally he endures the Sharphooter for a good 5 minutes before he taps out. And then on the intercom, Raven chuckles while making his claim for the world title.

• Psychosis & Super Crazy d. Katsuyori Shibata & Hiroshi Tanahashi. Good exposure for our future All Japan aces, but as is tradition, they lose a ton in the early days.

Talk about butterflies. No Tanahashi in NJPW means that they may never recover from the Inoki Shootfighting Era. Looks like ATL Curtain Jerker has a few AJPW hoodies in his closet instead of my NJPW ones.

Talk about butterflies. No Tanahashi in NJPW means that they may never recover from the Inoki Shootfighting Era. Looks like ATL Curtain Jerker has a few AJPW hoodies in his closet instead of my NJPW ones.

Maybe, or the shootfighting could work out a bit better with Nakamura being the once in a century talent, or possibly a certain Tranquillo could show up a little earlier.

Maybe, or the shootfighting could work out a bit better with Nakamura being the once in a century talent, or possibly a certain Tranquillo could show up a little earlier.

I love Nakamura (especially NJPW Nak) but he's no Tanahashi, especially on the business end. I guess we will wait and see what our authors have in store for us!

Also Brock Lesnar's brief stint in New Japan will probably be butterflied away. Although it might be a ironic twist of fate for him to have a lengthy run in NJPW. Him or Kurt Angle.

Also Brock Lesnar's brief stint in New Japan will probably be butterflied away. Although it might be a ironic twist of fate for him to have a lengthy run in NJPW. Him or Kurt Angle.

Honestly, even with my leaving from working on the TL, I still can't see Lesnar's New Japan run being butterflied away. They're a place that will give him money and unless he becomes the world's greatest DT, that football career is gonna fizzle out.

They still have Nak (who was the original ace) and may actually pull the trigger on Goto at some point instead of whatever he is now.

If they went shootfighting- they might make KUSHIDA their ace, or build around juniors more, as he was actually good at it.

Another option might be Minoru Suzuki.

Ishii's size I think would prevent that from happening, or I would have mentioned him. Early career Ishii was very different than the Stone Pitbull as well- though being in WAR would mean Heyman would have accesibility to him (and Gedo/Jado, who I could see being more attractive to Heyman)

If they went shootfighting- they might make KUSHIDA their ace, or build around juniors more, as he was actually good at it.

Another option might be Minoru Suzuki.

Suzuki is an ajpw guy in this timeline, which does suck for new Japan

I could see NJPW potentially losing Tana to AJPW in this timeline then and being sunk. Tana did do that Champion Carnival in 2008. Maybe that could be pushed up? Makabe might be lost as well.

I could see NJPW potentially losing Tana to AJPW in this timeline then and being sunk. Tana did do that Champion Carnival in 2008. Maybe that could be pushed up? Makabe might be lost as well.

Tana already is apart of All Japan as well (left with some of the young lions, namely Shibata) and will most likely be the future ace.

Its going to be Nakamura as Ace most likely, the question is the #2 and #3 (i'd imagine Naito goes to All Japan as well due to his ties with Mutoh, Goto could follow Shibata as well but if they don't, both are in good position to fill in those shoes).

Gotta say I am loving this WCW timeline. One question though I wonder. Is AJ Styles going to be longterm the face of WCW in TTL? I feel he is the type of guy that had WCW survived he would eventually be there top star.

I think WCW would have tried a Shane Helms run at the top. It really felt like near the end TV-wise he was being groomed for it, and Sugar Shane was very over. I think we would have seen a Shane Helms+Shannon Moore/AJ Styles + Air Paris feud over the Cruiser Tag, leading to the top dogs feuding up the card eventually.