Too Sweet!: A WCW Survives Collaborative Timeline

Cornette would threaten him to sign at gunpoint i think. Then again we do have Heyman as well so that will help greatly.

Close, but no cigar. He did threaten Lesnar with a gun, but it was because Lesnar grabbed hard on Stacey's then-pierced nethers during a spot and I think it's likely Brock will do the same during his OVW run ITTL, so Jim's not gonna be exactly friendly on Brock. Heyman will want him back fro sure, but Corny would probably just as soon work with Russo again than resign Lesnar after his WCW run.

I've got a plan on John Cena. or at least two branches. You know how he begins in 99 in UPW, have him go to XPW to start off his career.

So, I'm thinking of having John Cena be on the XPW undercard, at least for a little while (or a bit longer, who knows). This is where we have one of two options:

• Around early 02, when Cena is getting some recognition and having had a mid card title run, Vince sees him and snaps him up, seeing 'what a fine specimen he is'. Then we get a relatively normal development (though i'm not sure if we want boring John Cena in the late 2000's, would rather share the wealth with Batista, Edge, Orton and even Christian a bit more).
  • He stays in XPW and actually becomes a main eventer and becomes a mainstay, but also starts wrestling for AAA (i mean nothing really stopping him from doing that) and becoming the Mexican National Heavyweight Champion a few times and then the AAA Mega Championship a good amount of times, becoming a superstar and celebrity in Mexico (doing TV appearances, appearing in Soap Operas etc) and even bridges the gap between CMLL and AAA, winning the heavyweight championship there and keeping it for a long time (and raising that titles profile).

Close, but no cigar. He did threaten Lesnar with a gun, but it was because Lesnar grabbed hard on Stacey's then-pierced nethers during a spot and I think it's likely Brock will do the same during his OVW run ITTL, so Jim's not gonna be exactly friendly on Brock. Heyman will want him back fro sure, but Corny would probably just as soon work with Russo again than resign Lesnar after his WCW run.

Ah i was wondering what that was about. Thought it was Brock getting too big for his britches.

Anyway we can bring Lesnar in and have him do AWA and get a megapush regardless.

He stays in XPW and actually becomes a main eventer and becomes a mainstay, but also starts wrestling for AAA (i mean nothing really stopping him from doing that) and becoming the Mexican National Heavyweight Champion a few times and then the AAA Mega Championship a good amount of times, becoming a superstar and celebrity in Mexico (doing TV appearances, appearing in Soap Operas etc) and even bridges the gap between CMLL and AAA, winning the heavyweight championship there and keeping it for a long time (and raising that titles profile).
This more original and would make Vicent less complacent as he don't get his new Austin(Cena is amazing his work ethic and loyalty even if his own ego cost the company burying people at times..ie wade barret, Bryan early run) plus give XPW a star to survive a long time

Ah i was wondering what that was about. Thought it was Brock getting too big for his britches.

Anyway we can bring Lesnar in and have him do AWA and get a megapush regardless.

Oh hell yeah. Like I said, we'll get Lesnar during his early 2000 run easy. That's pretty much a lock for me, it's just that once he leaves, everything will fall into place with the NFL, IWGP, UFC and WWE runs (which is gonna be very different as he had his big run in WCW)

With Cena, I had the plan of him being in Evolution along with Orton, Batista and Triple H. Respin the team into Hunter and a group of young up-and-coming stars. It'd be Trips on top (because of course it would be) with Orton as the singles star and Batista/Cena as a powerhouse tag team.

That's not even getting into the option Ready to Rumble opens up if his role in that gets expanded ITTL.

That's not even getting into the option Ready to Rumble opens up if his role in that gets expanded ITTL.
Ironically inside WCW? Still the second idea was so well develop is too good to pass it, Cena as a mexican/international star outside big two would change things for the best

This more original and would make Vicent less complacent as he don't get his new Austin(Cena is amazing his work ethic and loyalty even if his own ego cost the company burying people at times..ie wade barret, Bryan early run) plus give XPW a star to survive a long time

The lack of a huge ego in WWE is why I'm really hoping HHH and Steph don't hook up in this TL. I have no problem with HHH being a big star, I just don't want to see him pushed simply because he's married to the daughter. Things like OTL where they buried Booker at 'Mania after that despicable racist storyline make me sick.

Also, the less McMahon vs McMahon, the better.

I have no problem with HHH being a big star, I just don't want to see him pushed simply because he's married to the daughter.
Still this give us NXT...and TTL WWE will need a NXT to keep talent even safe from competition, still too much butterflies, Trips have great talent and when his EGO was reigned he was amazing so yeah.
Things like OTL where they buried Booker at 'Mania after that despicable racist storyline make me sick.
This was so awful, i knew the burrying but that storyline....

Oh hell yeah. Like I said, we'll get Lesnar during his early 2000 run easy. That's pretty much a lock for me, it's just that once he leaves, everything will fall into place with the NFL, IWGP, UFC and WWE runs (which is gonna be very different as he had his big run in WCW)

With Cena, I had the plan of him being in Evolution along with Orton, Batista and Triple H. Respin the team into Hunter and a group of young up-and-coming stars. It'd be Trips on top (because of course it would be) with Orton as the singles star and Batista/Cena as a powerhouse tag team.

That works timeline wise for the first option, can have him start in xpw still and then get into WWE a bit later (more or less replacing his early career upw stuff with xpw instead).

Still this give us NXT...and TTL WWE will need a NXT to keep talent even safe from competition, still too much butterflies, Trips have great talent and when his EGO was reigned he was amazing so yeah.

I have no problem with what he's done behind the scenes so long as he's not also in front of the camera. Or if he is still going to end up with Stephanie, maybe one of his injuries is worse this time so he has to retire.

This was so awful, i knew the burrying but that storyline....

Yeah, it wasn't pretty in the least. The setup was prefect for Booker to win. You'd almost expect it given how heavy handed the storyline was, but not only did HHH win, he did so after Booker's finisher not working then HHH hitting a pedigree and 23 SECONDS LATER crawling over and putting a hand on the downed Booker's shoulder for a "pin" and the win.

To me that's worse than a squash because everyone expected one thing and then HHH and the WWE spit in everyone's face with that outcome. Granted I'm a Booker T fan, but still. At least when Harley Race cut a purposefully racist promo on Ron Simmons, Simmons got to beat the crap out of him.

That is my mindset. Means that Batista is probably moreso the guy and we have a strongly pushed Christian, Edge and more out of Ken Kennedy, Chris Masters, Carlito, John Morrison, MVP and that generation.

That is my mindset. Means that Batista is probably moreso the guy and we have a strongly pushed Christian, Edge and more out of Ken Kennedy, Chris Masters, Carlito, John Morrison, MVP and that generation.

The big thing for me is getting Cena because WWE's roster is gonna be smaller without a WCW buyout. There's certainly gonna be main eventers but there's a good chance they'll lose some of them to WCW.

The big thing for me is getting Cena because WWE's roster is gonna be smaller without a WCW buyout. There's certainly gonna be main eventers but there's a good chance they'll lose some of them to WCW.
That is the thing, is too complacent and a Say before complacent bring stale( plus cena when not above burrying people was very eager to push people deserved it, he tried to help edge but Vince chicken out, Ditto CM punk before the whole rock ego trip, he did set aside before injuried derailed Bryan push)

Plus as you Say, no megastar to fall make Vince to push more people to have more of a plan b...

Or cena would end in WCW all along( his role in ready to rumble make him popular, he excel in the power plant, so he is ready when Lesnar leave to be pushed) the posibilities are endless

I'm suprised McMahon hasn't brought in a fake Kane as a replacement yet!

Anyway I can could see McMahon looking to get a buddy like Trump into the rassiling business for the funds to go against Disney-WCW. As I mentioned before his going to be looking to poach some WCW top talent at the rate things are going.

Uncensored 2000

15,000 fill the American Airlines Arena tonight for another stacked card. 4 pre-show and 13 on the main card.

ESPN Pre-Show

1. Chris Harris/James Storm d. Lenny Lane/Lodi. Another match to help AMW gel a bit better, this time they get a win.
  2. Frankie Kazarian d. Air Paris. And the downturn of Air Paris continues, alongside the spring of discontent for his partner.
  3. Nora Greenfield d. "The Yellow Rose" Kaitlyn Rhodes. If your wondering about this, Katy's just coming in after being blacklisted from the NFL as a cheerleader. Over the month, she's done some dark matches on Thunder but Miss Nora sees some potential in her so this match is the start of a mentor/student program between the two.
  4. Christopher Daniels d. Jimmy Yang (w/ Jamie Knoble and Alexis Laree) This is just to move Daniels up the ranks before he challenges AJ for the Junior belt. BME ends the pre-show.

Main Card
  1. Los Guerreros d. lWo (Psychosis/Super Crazy) Finishing the Guerreros/Leo feud here. Double Frog Splash wraps up the opener.
  2. AJ Styles d. Jeff Hardy, retaining the NWA Junior Title. Give Jeff an opportunity but don't make AJ a transitional champ. Use this match to get Styles over. Styles Clash for the fall.
  3. Rey Misterio Jr. d. Juventud Guerrera. And lil Rey gets a win too. West Coast Pop!
  4. Manami Toyota d. Jazz, retaining the NWA Women's Title. It's Jazz!
  5. Tank Abbott d. Bam Bam Bigelow. Short, stiff and sweet. Just the way I like a Tank Abbott match.
  6. Chris Candido (w/Malenko) d. Dustin Rhodes (w/Jarrett) Giving young Candido a win here.
  7. RVD d. Matt Hardy, retaining the NWA TV Title. Same as with Jeff, give Matt a chance to show his stuff. He gets close but falls to the Five-Star Frog Splash.
  8. Mike Awesome d. Booker T (DQ) Booker goes after Awesome after Awesome powerbombs Stevie Ray on the apron. Booker fights from underneath nearly getting the win when his anger gets the better of him. Booker takes a chair to Awesome, causing a DQ. Awesome stops selling the chair and demolishes Booker. We tease the apron spot, but security puts a stop to it, Flair threatening to fire Awesome if he does it. Awesome puts Booker down, giving him a boot before walking off.
  9. Chris Benoit d. Lance Storm. More good wrestling as Benoit puts another Diamond in the Crossface.
  10. Vampiro d. Raven in a Falls Count Anywhere Match. Another brutal match between the two, ending with a Nail in the Coffin on the stage.
  11. Dudleyz d. bWo (Stevie/Nova) (w/Meanie) retaining the NWA Tag Titles .3D to Nova and then Stevie snaps and Steviekicks Meanie after the match. The fate of the bWo is left in the air.
  12. Chris Jericho d. Perry Saturn, retaining the NWA US Title. This wraps up Saturn in WCW. Wanted to keep him for longer, but he just got lost in the shuffle. We give him one more title shot. Perry gives his all but taps out in the Liontamer.
  13. Owen Hart d. DDP (w/Kanyon) retaining the NWA World Title. Face vs. Face, but Page dips into the heel well a few times. A few double teams on the outside. Owen fights it off, though, and locks DDP in the Sharpshooter for the win.

See y'all soon for WrestleMania.

Absolutely but it will force Vince to be creative and push people he wouldn't normally. meaning newer talents get showcased, also we don't lose a generation (namely the wrestlers who came through in 05-10 like MVP, Kennedy, Morrison, Dykstra) of talent due to Cena running roughshod over them.

That is the thing, is too complacent and a Say before complacent bring stale( plus cena when not above burrying people was very eager to push people deserved it, he tried to help edge but Vince chicken out, Ditto CM punk before the whole rock ego trip, he did set aside before injuried derailed Bryan push)

Plus as you Say, no megastar to fall make Vince to push more people to have more of a plan b...

Or cena would end in WCW all along( his role in ready to rumble make him popular, he excel in the power plant, so he is ready when Lesnar leave to be pushed) the posibilities are endless

Honestly, that's the one thing i wouldn't want, given we're going to get some really good talent regardless (Punk, Danielson, Styles, Joe, Lesnar, Hardy's) from the same generation so it wouldn't be that fair either. Meanwhile XPW doesn't have that one generational talent and Mexico is just something different.