Too Sweet!: A WCW Survives Collaborative Timeline

Gotta say I am loving this WCW timeline. One question though I wonder. Is AJ Styles going to be longterm the face of WCW in TTL? I feel he is the type of guy that had WCW survived he would eventually be there top star.

One of the top stars with some others, you'll see a bunch of guys at the top (think smackdown 6, instead the wcw equivalent with punk, danielson, Samoa joe, styles etc, also Jericho is young as is booker, they'll get long runs at the very top).

Tana already is apart of All Japan as well (left with some of the young lions, namely Shibata) and will most likely be the future ace.

Its going to be Nakamura as Ace most likely, the question is the #2 and #3 (i'd imagine Naito goes to All Japan as well due to his ties with Mutoh, Goto could follow Shibata as well but if they don't, both are in good position to fill in those shoes).

Naito doesn't start even start training for wrestling til 2000 and doesn't wrestle his first match til 2004. Butterflies may say he decides to go into baseball or accounting or whatever. Same idea goes for Goto or Ishii or Okada or Miyahara or whomever.

Japanese wrestling has been fundamentally altered by Hashimoto and Tana/Shibata jumping ship (which is pretty implausible given how loyal so many Japanese stars are to their home promotion but whatever). Assuming that everyone else falls in line just like OTL despite a massive change like that happening ITTL is a textbook butterfly genocide.

Naito doesn't start even start training for wrestling til 2000 and doesn't wrestle his first match til 2004. Butterflies may say he decides to go into baseball or accounting or whatever. Same idea goes for Goto or Ishii or Okada or Miyahara or whomever.

Japanese wrestling has been fundamentally altered by Hashimoto and Tana/Shibata jumping ship (which is pretty implausible given how loyal so many Japanese stars are to their home promotion but whatever). Assuming that everyone else falls in line just like OTL despite a massive change like that happening ITTL is a textbook butterfly genocide.

True, the early 2000s for new Japan is going to be really bad, they won't get out of any sort of funk until the late 2000s.

Today is the 20th anniversary of the Fingerpoke of Doom, one of the events that arguably ended WCW...

At least that didn't happen ITTL...

Yep. But that doesn't mean it can't in this timeline. The idea itself is not the problem, just how they followed up.
The idea was legit. all was to provoke goldberg and he would run the gauntlet, figthing each week/PPV a NWO member and would end with a hell on a cell style fight vs hogan...GUESS WHO RUINNED THAT?

The idea was legit. all was to provoke goldberg and he would run the gauntlet, figthing each week/PPV a NWO member and would end with a hell on a cell style fight vs hogan...GUESS WHO RUINNED THAT?

In this order: Eric for not being there, Nash for being a wanker, and Hogan for being Hogan.

Edit: On another note, I know we're going with Mexican Superstar John Cena, but remember your only as good as yoyr dancing partner. As for his heel adversary: we need a certain alpha!

Last edited: