To the Victor, Go the Spoils (Redux): A Plausible Central Powers Victory

Well, I can guarantee that asking an author to update is the quickest way to kill their inspiration (if not have a mod lock it down altogether).
Well I have been an author here too and I never took it amiss when some one (respectfully) asked about an update. I took it as a complement. as I hope is the case here.

I am still alive.

I wouldn't say it's dead, I've got about an extra 5k words written already lol, however I've just not finished any updates recently. Last time I was on the forum really was a few months back - have just been rather busy!

But I'm glad people miss the updates, tis encouraging!

We do. This is an extremely good and interesting timeline, it's just that it is considered bad manners to pressure the writer in these things.

This is an excellent TL, and an excellent thread; I just can't understand why the tone of the discussion over here has to sistematically be so overheated.
Relax folks 😙

I am still alive.

I wouldn't say it's dead, I've got about an extra 5k words written already lol, however I've just not finished any updates recently. Last time I was on the forum really was a few months back - have just been rather busy!

Definitely do, this is one of the best researched and written TLs on the site. Excited for more whenever there’s more!

have just been rather busy
I know exactly how you feel
Anyway, I am a great fan of this TL (while I have frustrations as to how things turn out, they are distressingly realistic), I hope that you take all the time that you need, in a way compatible with everything more important than this (so just about everything).

I am still alive.

That's good... The last time we literally 'necroed' a TL's author it didn't go well at all so we can work with alive :)

Well we've discussed this with other popular authors here, really you just need to cut out the 'non-essentials' in your life like family, friends, social activities, schooling, eating, sleeping and you should free up PLENTY of extra time to write ;)

Glad to help :) Now get back to work or else :D

Randy

Fulton 44

Kicked
As to the Eastern Front, I assume that the TL is that the Treaty of Brest Litovsk is executed and implemented according to its terms with boundaries and governments consistent with its provisions. Is there a Russian Civil War?

As to the Eastern Front, I assume that the TL is that the Treaty of Brest Litovsk is executed and implemented according to its terms with boundaries and governments consistent with its provisions. Is there a Russian Civil War?
There'll be something, because the civil war and the Allied intervention had already started before the PoD. I'm very interested to see what it'll develop into.

Just finished reading all 50 pages of this thread and timeline, and it's definitely the best CP Victory Timeline I've read so far. I've never seen the POD be the German Spring Offensive, which was refreshing. I agree that France wouldn't immediately fall to Communism or Fascism like Kaiserreich has it. No rush, but keep up the great work!

Just finished reading all 50 pages of this thread and timeline, and it's definitely the best CP Victory Timeline I've read so far. I've never seen the POD be the German Spring Offensive, which was refreshing. I agree that France wouldn't immediately fall to Communism or Fascism like Kaiserreich has it. No rush, but keep up the great work!
Seconded. Its a rare starting-off point but an intriguing one, since it limits the upside for the CP even as they win

Tbf I think having the French and English become extremist after an alternate economic crash makes a lot of sense rather than them just immediately falling to communist revolution.

ahmedali

Banned
Tbf I think having the French and English become extremist after an alternate economic crash makes a lot of sense rather than them just immediately falling to communist revolution.
Even this is unlikely (particularly since the United Kingdom is the only winner of the Entente here besides the Germans and the Central Powers) and does not seem effectively defeated.

Economic collapse, I do not think it will happen (the German economy without Versailles can improve more and may avoid the Great Depression)

Even this is unlikely (particularly since the United Kingdom is the only winner of the Entente here besides the Germans and the Central Powers) and does not seem effectively defeated.

Economic collapse, I do not think it will happen (the German economy without Versailles can improve more and may avoid the Great Depression)
tbf true.

I do see an economic collapse as still possible though, since there are a lot of things Germany can't control.

The German economy is a ticking time bomb even without Versailles. They funded over 90% of their entire war effort by borrowing, leaving them with a debt of 156 Billion marks in 1918, note the Versailles reparations were considered almost unpayable at 132 billion marks. They got out of this OTL due to hyperinflation making the money used to pay them back worthless. Now they have French Reparations ITTL, but those are only 10 Billion marks. So Germany is in for an economic crisis in the 20's

Nobody else is in for good times either. The French and Belgians are in for some serious economic disruptions due to territorial losses and the French having to pay reparations on top of that. Furthermore than and the British are lacking in German reparations. The British while not having to pay reparations themselves have the issue of needing to spend significantly more on their military than OTL. Italy is having a civil war, which is going to screw up their economy

Basically the only nations that might be doing better than OTL are Austria-Hungary and the US, the former because it isn't having an integrated economic torn apart by tariff walls between different countries, the latter because it is likely to have more government/military spending and less money coming in, avoiding the overinflating of the economy, and even then they might only be doing as well as OTL, or even slightly worse. It is simply that to my knowledge they don't have giant problems like the others

Of course it is also possible that we don't have a large scale return to the gold standard allowing monetary freedom to deal with these issue, but that goes against the economic orthodoxly of the time

Last edited: