TLIAW: Against the Grain

Wow, what a magnificent shitshow. The fact that Watt was able to do so much damage in such a short time is pretty impressive, although he seems to have exacerbated preexisting issues for the most part. Hopefully this blatant suppression of the environmentalist movement from the highest levels of government will harden their resolve. The fact that the Senate stopped Watt's impeachment could make people more skeptical of its value as an institution. Most importantly, I wonder how the new administration will handle this destabilization, both short and long term.

(Also, the last couple updates are missing their threadmarks.)

Last edited:
The silver lining is that IITL there will probably be federal laws passed to prevent such insurgences in the future.

So am I correct to say that this is dead?
I'm pretty sure bumping a thread that has been inactive for 6 months by asking that question is frowned upon on the site. You should probably just dm either of the authors to find out rather than getting everyone's hopes up that there's possibly been an update after so long.

I'm pretty sure bumping a thread that has been inactive for 6 months by asking that question is frowned upon on the site. You should probably just dm either of the authors to find out rather than getting everyone's hopes up that there's possibly been an update after so long.
I never understood why this is a thing. Notifications always give the name of the person making the post, so it should be easy to tell when a post comes from someone other than the OP.

I never understood why this is a thing. Notifications always give the name of the person making the post, so it should be easy to tell when a post comes from someone other than the OP.
Some of us tend to not look at it, or more likely, they think that it’s someone responding to another post made by the OP.