TL191 WI: British invasion of West Coast during the Second Great War

About a month after Operation Blackbeard, British and Australian forces launch an invasion on the coast of California to support Confederate operations in the east of the US. With a second front to deal with, the US must withdraw forces from the Confederate front to combat the British/Australian front in California. Does the war last longer and could the United States survive the invasion? Do other Central Powers help the US?

sandwich islands

The only way I see that happening is if the British and their allies either regained control of the Sandwich Islands first, or never lost control of them in the first place. Because to get from Australia to the west coast you would need a vast amount of fuel. Considering the fact that the British were also fighting in the Atlantic and Europe, and trying to bring convoys from Argentina with food, I just don't see it happening. I mean look at the OTL when Japan attacked Pearl harbor, they had to take several tanker along with them to refuel the fleet and that was just from Japan to Hawaii, and it's a lot farther from Australia to the U.S. west coast.