TL-191 WI: Second Mexican War becomes a World War

What if, in TL-191, the Second Mexican War escalated, resulting in a world war some 33 years earlier. What would the alliances look like, etc?

Are there any powers in Europe that are US friendly? I mean I know Russia was during the Civil War, but is there any nation in Europe ready to stare down France and Great Britain? I know the Prussians sent military observers, but are they ready to start a war?

Are there any powers in Europe that are US friendly? I mean I know Russia was during the Civil War, but is there any nation in Europe ready to stare down France and Great Britain? I know the Prussians sent military observers, but are they ready to start a war?

Perhaps not on behalf of the United States of America, but it's easy to imagine Germany pushing her luck with France while GB was distracted in North America (and quite possibly in South Africa, since I believe the First Boer was under way in AD 1881), possibly without taking due precautions to avoid pushing her luck a bit too far, especially if the Second Mexican War goes on a little too long.