TL-191 Map Thread

Incidentally, while re-reading The Grapple, I discovered that the Russians still had control of Finland and Belarus by the time of the SGW. I'm not sure about the Baltics, though.

Incidentally, while re-reading The Grapple, I discovered that the Russians still had control of Finland and Belarus by the time of the SGW. I'm not sure about the Baltics, though.

All the Baltics were independent after the FGW.

HT goofs on Finland in the next book by having Halifax state that Russia lost Finland after the FGW.

All the Baltics were independent after the FGW.

Can you source that?

HT goofs on Finland in the next book by having Halifax state that Russia lost Finland after the FGW.

Interesting. Perhaps it could be retconned by Finland gaining formal independence from Russia after the FGW but later having its presumably pro-German puppet administration replaced by a pro-Russian puppet administration during the Pax Americana.

Last edited:

Abhakhazia

Banned
I wish that Turtledove was more specific, but if anybody wants to make CS electoral maps.....

Rad Libs-
Chihuahua
Sonora
Cuba
TX?
Whigs-
The Rest, possibly TX
Rad. Libs.
Cuba
Chihuahua
Sonora
LA?
Freedom-
TN
FL
TX
NC
Whigs-
The Rest, possibly LA?
Rad Libs-
Chihuahua
AK
Sonora?
Freedom-
TX
MS
TN
Sonora?
Whigs-
The Rest.
Rad Libs
LA
Chihuahua
Cuba
Whigs
Arkansas
Georgia
Freedom
The Rest

Last edited:
Here's 1915. Hope you like it. Colors come from TL-191 Wiki.

CSA1915.png

Abhakhazia

Banned
Then here. Lucky that Nerdlinger saw this coming and made some CS electoral maps, eh?

I'll do the rest when I wake up. Bonne nuit.

Oh, stop gushing over Nerdlinger. ;)
Besides, he forgot the the chunk of Arkansas that Missouri took after the FGW.
Well, bonna notte, Blue. See you when you wake up.

Great news! He had some already, for some reason. Posting up your suggestions for those elections soon. Freedom, what color?

I don't recall making any maps specifically for the CSA. You just edited the base map that Arkhangelsk made, right?

Oh, stop gushing over Nerdlinger. ;)
Besides, he forgot the the chunk of Arkansas that Missouri took after the FGW.
Well, bonna notte, Blue. See you when you wake up.

Sorry, the blame goes to Blue there.

Here are blank maps of the CSA. The first is for the 1915 election, and the second covers 1921, '27, '33, and '39. The third is just what the CS looked like after the plebiscites were effected. Again, these are thanks to Arkhangelsk's base map.

TL-191 CS Electoral Maps.png

TL-191 CS Electoral Maps.png

Can you source that?

IatD, pg. 143, TPB.

Interesting. Perhaps it could be retconned by Finland gaining formal independence from Russia after the FGW but later having its presumably pro-German puppet administration replaced by a pro-Russian puppet administration during the Pax Americana.

In The Grapple, we learn that Germany is pledged to support the nationalist uprising and the provisional government. (pg. 566) That sounds like Finland stayed Russian right up to the SGW. Easier to just say that a distracted Lord Halifax just had Finland on his mind and lumped it all together.

OK. Problem. I have no idea who is the Rad Lib candidate in 1927. Even Filling the Gaps doesn't solve that...

I'm considering John Nance Garner. Sounds good?

Last edited:

bguy

Donor
OK. Problem. I have no idea who is the Rad Lib candidate in 1927. Even Filling the Gaps doesn't solve that...

I'm considering John Nance Garner. Sounds good?

Garner is probably to conservative to be a Rad Lib. How about Joseph Robinson instead? He was something of a progressive and internationalist, so he's a good ideological fit for the Rad Libs, and having an Arkansan on the ticket helps explain how the Rad Libs carried Arkansas that year.

Abhakhazia said:
Rad. Libs.
Cuba
Chihuahua
Sonora
LA?
Freedom-
TN
FL
TX
NC
Whigs-
The Rest, possibly LA?

Where did you get that the Freedom Party carried North Carolina in 1921? I only remember Koenig saying they won Tennessee, Florida, and Texas. (And even Tennessee is somewhat questionable since The Center Cannot Hold states that the Whigs carried it in '21.) Clarence Potter considered North Carolina a solid Whig state and hoped it would hold out against the Freedom tide in 1933. I doubt he would have had such hope for the state if it had already voted for Featherston in 1921.

Also in regards to the 1915 election did Sequoyah vote in that election or was it already under US occupation by that time? I assume it would have voted Radical Liberal if it had voted, but I can't recall how much of the state was US control by November 1915.