TL-191: After the End

What is China leadership with America and specially Japan in TLAE-191?

By 2022, the diplomatic relations between China and the United States are generally cordial. China and the USA, along with Russia, are allied through the Pacific Economic and Security Accord (PESA), as well as the Liberty Space Agency.

The PESA was originally envisioned by the leaders of China, Russia, and the USA after the end of the Fourth Pacific War as part of a strategy to contain any future threats from Japan. By 2022, the leaders of China and the USA also view the PESA as part of a strategy to contain any future threats from Bharat. This is in contrast to Russia, which has cordial diplomatic and military ties with Bharat.

There is somewhat of a rivalry between China and the USA in a number of fields, including naval construction, but it isn’t an unfriendly rivalry. Most people in China have favorable views of the USA, stemming from the alliance that developed between the two countries in the Fourth Pacific War.

The US diplomatic ties with China are balanced by US security commitments in several neighboring countries through the Compact of Democratic States (CDS). Korea, the Philippines, Vietnam, and Singapore, which are all members of the CDS, are wary of potential future Chinese expansionism, and all host large US military bases.

-
By 2022, there are no diplomatic ties between China and the Ecological Union, just as there were no diplomatic ties between China and the former Japanese Worker’s Republic. The popular hostility in China against Japan is worse than in our world.

By 2022, the diplomatic relations between China and the United States are generally cordial. China and the USA, along with Russia, are allied through the Pacific Economic and Security Accord (PESA), as well as the Liberty Space Agency.

The PESA was originally envisioned by the leaders of China, Russia, and the USA after the end of the Fourth Pacific War as part of a strategy to contain any future threats from Japan. By 2022, the leaders of China and the USA also view the PESA as part of a strategy to contain any future threats from Bharat. This is in contrast to Russia, which has cordial diplomatic and military ties with Bharat.

There is somewhat of a rivalry between China and the USA in a number of fields, including naval construction, but it isn’t an unfriendly rivalry. Most people in China have favorable views of the USA, stemming from the alliance that developed between the two countries in the Fourth Pacific War.

The US diplomatic ties with China are balanced by US security commitments in several neighboring countries through the Compact of Democratic States (CDS). Korea, the Philippines, Vietnam, and Singapore, which are all members of the CDS, are wary of potential future Chinese expansionism, and all host large US military bases.

-
By 2022, there are no diplomatic ties between China and the Ecological Union, just as there were no diplomatic ties between China and the former Japanese Worker’s Republic. The popular hostility in China against Japan is worse than in our world.
Wait how could hostility in China against Japan be worse than OTL when Japan has never seriously apologized, without eventually backtracking to some degree, and is a ally of the US in containing China? Even with Japan being under the Ecological Union, I believe you mentioned they had acknowledged the crimes and despite the rhetoric about conquering the world wouldn't it be mostly seen as bluster the same way the US might view North Korea.

How is the Philippines and how the culture is different because of a longer Japanese rule?

Is there still American influence in Philippines or not as mainstream in the Filipino culture?

By 2022, the Philippines is a close US military ally through the CDS. The Philippines, like the other countries of the CDS, is a member of the Liberty Space Agency. One of the most important facilities and launching sites of the Liberty Space Agency is located at Tayabas Bay, in the Philippines.

The Philippines has a large Japanese community by 2022. The Philippines was only former area of the Japanese Empire where Japanese colonists did not face total expulsion after the end of the Fourth Pacific War.

While US culture is influential in the Philippines, it is not to the extent as in our world, as the USA never directly ruled the Philippines in TTL.

Wait how could hostility in China against Japan be worse than OTL when Japan has never seriously apologized, without eventually backtracking to some degree, and is a ally of the US in containing China? Even with Japan being under the Ecological Union, I believe you mentioned they had acknowledged the crimes and despite the rhetoric about conquering the world wouldn't it be mostly seen as bluster the same way the US might view North Korea.

The popular views of Japan in China are worse in comparison to our world because the Japanese invasion of China lasted far longer than in our world, and led to massive levels of devastation throughout the country.

While the Ecological Union did offer an official apology for the crimes committed by the Japanese Empire, this official apology was accompanied by a statement promising to spread Ecoism by force of arms. This almost led to China declaring war against the Ecological Union.

China constantly viewed the Ecological Union as a threat, regardless of the actual armed strength of that country. The Chinese were enthusiastic participants in the war by the OTO-CDS-Council of Astrakhan-Council of the Western Hemisphere coalition against the Ecological Union in 2165. China wasn’t enthusiastic about the ultimate decision by the USA to annex the former Ecological Union, but wasn’t interested at all in a confrontation with the USA on the eve of the First Interstellar War.

So after watching this video, a question formed in my mind. What is the status of North Sentinel Island and by extension the rest of Andaman Islands? Mainly in 2022 and 2162?

By the end of the SGW, the Japanese Empire has most likely taken control of them and will most likely unleash hell on the Sentinelese (like with everyone else who isn't Japanese).

But what about at the end of the Fourth Pacific War? Who owns the islands after that? TTL maps says that Bharat owns the islands after the war, but I'm iffy on that. Mainly because Bharat was neutral during the Fourth Pacific War and I think ether Myanmar or Thailand has control over them most likely.

Also are the Sentinelese still uncontacted by 2022/2162 or has that changed?

So after watching this video, a question formed in my mind. What is the status of North Sentinel Island and by extension the rest of Andaman Islands? Mainly in 2022 and 2162?

By the end of the SGW, the Japanese Empire has most likely taken control of them and will most likely unleash hell on the Sentinelese (like with everyone else who isn't Japanese).

But what about at the end of the Fourth Pacific War? Who owns the islands after that? TTL maps says that Bharat owns the islands after the war, but I'm iffy on that. Mainly because Bharat was neutral during the Fourth Pacific War and I think ether Myanmar or Thailand has control over them most likely.

Also are the Sentinelese still uncontacted by 2022/2162 or has that changed?

This is what I previously wrote about North Sentinel Island, slightly expanded.

North Sentinel Island is controlled by Bharat. By 2022, the island and its people remain isolated, though there have been calls by some in the Bharati government to end this isolation.

The Andaman Islands are controlled by Bharat.

The Bharatis did intervene militarily in Southeast Asia during the Fourth Pacific War, as part of an effort by the Independence Movement to support anti-Japanese factions in Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, the Indonesian Confederation, and what became the independent nations of Laos and Cambodia.

Why don't the US and Bharat get along? Wouldn't after Bharat gained independence they would've become friendly with each other, owing in part to their anti-Britishness?

The Philippines has a large Japanese community by 2022. The Philippines was only former area of the Japanese Empire where Japanese colonists did not face total expulsion after the end of the Fourth Pacific War.
Are there any anti-japanese sentiment in the Philippines because they were exploited and abused by the Japanese for half a century.

Not to mention that a large population of them likely in Luzon settled back in the Colonial days.

Are there legalized and Systemic discrimination against a Japanese Filipinos in the Philippines or they are in a easy peace 🕊️
While US culture is influential in the Philippines, it is not to the extent as in our world, as the USA never directly ruled the Philippines in TTL.
How much influence is the US culture to fully elaborate and how much Japanese culture have influence the Philippines for ruling for nearly 50 years

just discovered this and I half to ask, as a space geek
is there any moon landing or space station, or even space travel in this TL
(I would look but 200 pages is a hell of a lot)
wow this thread started nearly 15 years ago

just discovered this and I half to ask, as a space geek
is there any moon landing or space station, or even space travel in this TL
(I would look but 200 pages is a hell of a lot)
wow this thread started nearly 15 years ago
You can find most of the space exploration stuff in the 70's chapter on page 65 of this thread.

Space exploration started later compared to our world, but is generally more advanced. The Germans have a lunar base by the early 2010's, and there's a manned mission to Mars by the USA in 2029.

and i thought my Canadian space shuttle names thread was long, 3 pages
lol
Imagine spending all your Childhood, Teenage years and now College age with all the ups and downs

Then seen this thread about TLAE-191 that lasted almost 15 years of your life!

I really impressed with this thread and how people can still here for all those times

Imagine spending all your Childhood, Teenage years and now College age with all the ups and downs

Then seen this thread about TLAE-191 that lasted almost 15 years of your life!

I really impressed with this thread and how people can still here for all those times
its been around longer (relatively) since I was alive
I remember working at a place once, and we were talking about the Kursk, and the guy said, "I remember that, I was here working when I heard it went down"

I was born that month

Its like hearing about a space probe that launched before you were born, getting to an outer planet 4 years after, and only ending when you are 17,

Still, the funniest is the proposed Neptune/Uranus orbiters, 23-24 year travel time, you build it, date a girl, launch it, get married, have kids, and see those kids go through elementary school, high school, and college or university, possibly even find a girl/boy and get married, then you get to Neptune

or the Oort cloud probe, 50 year travel time.........

Last edited:
its been around longer (relatively) since I was alive
I remember working at a place once, and we were talking about the Kursk, and the guy said, "I remember that, I was here working when I heard it went down"

I was born that month
Let's go out on topic made but still it impressive how long this thread really is