Titanic WI

This has got to be a noob question but i am asking it anyway.
what if the titanic did not sink

Then maritime safety laws continue as normal until another large ship sinks without enough lifeboats for all passengers.

Best next one would've either been the Lusitania or the Britannic.

Or were you looking for one of those conspiracy theories allowing for the jewel-encrusted Rubaiyat to reach its destination, the supposedly cursed mummy in the cargo hold, or the paintings by Adolf Hitler to reach the United States? ;)

Then maritime safety laws continue as normal until another large ship sinks without enough lifeboats for all passengers.

Best next one would've either been the Lusitania or the Britannic.

Or were you looking for one of those conspiracy theories allowing for the jewel-encrusted Rubaiyat to reach its destination, the supposedly cursed mummy in the cargo hold, or the paintings by Adolf Hitler to reach the United States? ;)
no just the safety part

A few rich people live, and some poor people (who might have produced interesting descendants ;) ) also live.

So theoretically one could use the Titanic not sinking as a something that releases butterflies that lead to a Nazi-esque USA......:D:D

As for the Titanic herself, her career TTL would probably go along these lines: continues on the Southampton-NY run until WW1 breaks out. During WW1, if the British government decides not to have her continue White Star's trans-Atlantic service, she gets requisitioned at some point as a troop ship or a hospital ship, and despite a close call or two with a U-boat, she probably survives the war to resume her normal passenger service, which she spends the 1920s & early 1930s, doing, possibly undergoing some refits to modernize her passenger accomodations and other alterations to reflect changing market conditions beyond normal structural & mechanical repairs.

However, the Depression hits the trans-Atlantic passenger service hard, and in 1934, White Star is compelled to merge with its rival Cunard by the British Government. By this time, Titanic is getting old and worn out, and as part of cuts to the combined fleet, she and many older ships (as well as most of the former White Star fleet) are soon taken out of service and slated for disposal in favor of newer, faster, more economical ones. As such old, large, and expensive to operate liners are unlikey to find buyers in the mid-1930s, Titanic is sold for scrap around 1936 or so, although some of the woodwork and furniture from the first class accomodations may be bought and used by a hotel or inn somewhere.

Last edited:

Cook

Banned
James Cameron produces one less movie that relies totally on imagery, lacks a decent story is tooooo long.
And we never have to hear “My heart will go on” by Celine Dion.
:p

James Cameron produces one less movie that relies totally on imagery, lacks a decent story is tooooo long.
And we never have to hear “My heart will go on” by Celine Dion.
:p

But that could mean he makes a third Terminator movie in 1996-97 instead of Titanic, thus sparing us from the awful Terminator 3.......;)

better get back on topic now

And we never have to hear “My heart will go on” by Celine Dion..
I like the song, it is nice to have something besides Rap -Hip hop or Metal.

One of the Rich men drowned, was a Roosevelt friend and supporter, who had the necessary influence to patch things over with Taft and keep Teddy out of the 1912 race.
So No Iceberg - puts Taft in the White House - for August 1914

Well, if memory serves, the next big sinking after the Titanic was the Empress of Ireland in the St Lawrence, just prior to WWI. Assuming there is an alt-Empress disaster at roughly the same time, and *WWI breaks out at the end of summer 1914, safety regulations are likely to be put on the back burner for the duration of the war. Loss of life from U-boat attacks on Allied shipping is a bit worse, and the shipping lines will take a more substantial knock after the war ends, and may still be struggling come the *Depression.

Of course, if as mentioned above we have Taft in the White House from 1912, things get interesting - not least as regards the fallout from any *Lusitanias that go to a watery grave...

Never mind the Titanic.

What news of the Iceberg?
:eek:

Ends up being hit by a ship carrying the man who OTL would run over a kid who ALT grows up to be a German ship builder who designs a Nazi Higgins Boat called the Seelowe class. :p

Ghaa! Put away the torches! I keed, I keed! :eek:

Or...

Cameron Makes Terminator 3: Straight to the Bottom, wherein the Terminator comes to Earth disguised as an enormous cruise liner to draw out the evil ice droids (to allow for a tie-in with Burger King's new "Titanic Shakes" and Budweiser's "Iceberg Brew"). Wonderful special effects, including great use of Leonardo DiCaprio as a crewman/torpedo.

The soundtrack, done by Kraftwerk, imaginatively entitled "Straight to the Bottom", lived up to its title. Celine Dione's duo with the group "My Parts Will Go On For Revenge" led her to taking a long sabbatical outside Rimouski.