Three Pro-Wrestling PoD Questions

So I'm currently on a Pro-Wrestling Binge and I'm currently writing a Pro-Wrestling TL (Doing the 1993-1994 MNWs piece right now, so if you're interested in helping out, please lmk) and I have a few questions concerning WCW and WWF and how it might might go depending on how certain things were different or what not.

1) Cactus Jack & "Stunning" Steve Austin never sign over to WWF and remain in WCW, likely being upper mid-carders in the lead-up to nWo. Ron Simmons also doesn't leave. Who starts the Nation of Domination (if it even still happens here) and who feuds with McMahon (I suggested Bradshaw to a friend but don't know if he'd be seen as good enough) and how does Rocky Maivaia turn heel in this world?

2) Kama wins the 1996 Royal Rumble after a fight between Shawn and Bret backstage a few days prior leads to Shawn agreeing with Hall and Nash to potentially look at a WCW signing. Undertaker beats Bret for the WCW Championship. Flash Forward to the infamous Curtain Call with Michaels also leaving alongside Hall and Nash. Vince decides to fire HHH for whatever reason (Say with 3 members of the Kliq Gone, might as well get rid of the final one as a punishment). Thus, WCW's Outsiders are Kevin Nash, Michael Hickenbottom, Paul Levesque, and Scott Hall with the Bash At The Beach 1996 Main Event being a 5-on-5 between WWF's Kliq and a mysterious partner n(It's obvious who it is) vs Randy Savage, Sting, and Ultimate Warrior + Two Others (Maybe throw in Steve and Jack just because they're still there ITTL). What does this very early nWo look like and what happens in WWF? I doubt Bret wouldn't be screwed as WCW would possibly be even more successful here and with a successful WCW, Bret would be offered a deal that he couldn't pass up on, leading to someone screwing him in 1997 at some point, though the question is who. Also, could an alt version of D-X have been formed or would that idea have been cast to the wayside?

3) How would the WCW Careers of Paul and Michael pan out? I can imagine Paul being treated as a Mid-Carder while Michael is made to a main eventer like he was in WWF

So that's my questions. If you have any PoDs/ideas you have to suggest to me for my TL, I'd love to hear them as these questions will vastly help with my TL. Until next time, you guys.

If Shawn joins WCW in '96, he could very well be dead by '99. In that sort of environment, with Scott Hall and others enabling him and WCW's woeful lack of control backstage, his drug abuse problems are going to grow out of control. Without being injured and getting away from the environment like he was in the WWF, very little holding him back. Then there's Hogan and others who'll not take kindly to Shawn and the nWo will falter and just turn into another faction to be beaten by the mainstays in the main event at the time.

If Shawn joins WCW in '96, he could very well be dead by '99. In that sort of environment, with Scott Hall and others enabling him and WCW's woeful lack of control backstage, his drug abuse problems are going to grow out of control. Without being injured and getting away from the environment like he was in the WWF, very little holding him back. Then there's Hogan and others who'll not take kindly to Shawn and the nWo will falter and just turn into another faction to be beaten by the mainstays in the main event at the time.

Well there was one guy who was very injury causing when he was starting out (mainly because he was told to fight like a MMA fighter instead of a Pro-Wrestler) - Goldberg, so HBK being injured by Goldberg in a somewhat similar manner to how he injured Bret could lead to that journey of self discovery and what not HBK went through in 1998-2002. wdym by the nWo faltering statement?

And any answers for my other questions?

Well there was one guy who was very injury causing when he was starting out (mainly because he was told to fight like a MMA fighter instead of a Pro-Wrestler) - Goldberg, so HBK being injured by Goldberg in a somewhat similar manner to how he injured Bret could lead to that journey of self discovery and what not HBK went through in 1998-2002. wdym by the nWo faltering statement?

And any answers for my other questions?

The Goldberg thing was a series of issues that just piled on for Bret and the kick was the straw that broke the camel's back, if I recall correctly. It's possible he would be injured at some point like that. Or someone could stretch him out in the ring at some point if his attitude crosses the wrong people. I imagine that Mick Foley is going to take the leap to WWF at some point or another since he found WCW creatively stifling and Paul Heyman's ability to pay his workers is severely lacking. And I doubt it'll be Kama to win the Royal Rumble. Vader, Bulldog and Owen are much better picks and established stars at that point. Bret likely doesn't make any move to WCW either and there wouldn't be a screwjob since the entire crux of that was the hatred he and Michaels had for each other. Even if Bret does make a move to WCW, it'd be under much better terms with Vince that there were OTL.

1) Cactus Jack & "Stunning" Steve Austin never sign over to WWF and remain in WCW, likely being upper mid-carders in the lead-up to nWo. Ron Simmons also doesn't leave. Who starts the Nation of Domination (if it even still happens here) and who feuds with McMahon (I suggested Bradshaw to a friend but don't know if he'd be seen as good enough) and how does Rocky Maivaia turn heel in this world?
What if we saw a Nation Of Domination led by Clarence Mason? Maybe he becomes the manager of some of the members, and they all end up forming the NoD. What if he started a single career using the members as lackeys to guide him to victory, what if the LAWYER became the WWF Champion? I'm starting to get a bit off-topic but this is such a fascinating idea to me.

Maybe we could see a Triple H rivalry with McMahon? We could see a few tag matches with D-Generation X against McMahon's group of lackeys.

Adding to what I said before, perhaps Rocky becomes one of McMahon's lackeys and uses cheap tactics to beat Triple H for the championship in an upset victory, making The Rock become one of the most hated heels in the WWF and skyrocketing his career.

EDIT: New Idea for McMahon rivalry. What if when Owen Hart gets "injured" in 1998 he gets "fired" by Vince, and during an episode of Raw jumps the barricade and calls him out, getting attacked by a group of random heels which he manages to defeat. Vince would then send out some guy (Maybe Kane?) and offer Owen a chance to get his contract back if he beats him in a ladder match at Breakdown: In Your House. He wins but McMahon refuses to give him the contract, a rivalry ensues.

EDIT 2: The Nation Of Domination probably wouldn't be called the Nation of Domination. Maybe because of their attire they get called something cool like the Blackshirts? Maybe their name might be something related to the Nation Of Islam due to them being partly influenced by it?

Last edited:
What if we saw a Nation Of Domination led by Clarence Mason? Maybe he becomes the manager of some of the members, and they all end up forming the NoD. What if he started a single career using the members as lackeys to guide him to victory, what if the LAWYER became the WWF Champion? I'm starting to get a bit off-topic but this is such a fascinating idea to me.

Maybe we could see a Triple H rivalry with McMahon? We could see a few tag matches with D-Generation X against McMahon's group of lackeys.

Adding to what I said before, perhaps Rocky becomes one of McMahon's lackeys and uses cheap tactics to beat Triple H for the championship in an upset victory, making The Rock become one of the most hated heels in the WWF and skyrocketing his career.

EDIT: New Idea for McMahon rivalry. What if when Owen Hart gets "injured" in 1998 he gets "fired" by Vince, and during an episode of Raw jumps the barricade and calls him out, getting attacked by a group of random heels which he manages to defeat. Vince would then send out some guy (Maybe Kane?) and offer Owen a chance to get his contract back if he beats him in a ladder match at Breakdown: In Your House. He wins but McMahon refuses to give him the contract, a rivalry ensues.

EDIT 2: The Nation Of Domination probably wouldn't be called the Nation of Domination. Maybe because of their attire they get called something cool like the Blackshirts? Maybe their name might be something related to the Nation Of Islam due to them being partly influenced by it?
I like how these ideas though I did give HHH to WCW by having him be fired after Hall, Michaels, and Nash leave with the infamous Curtain Call at MSG unless HHH is just punished instead of fired (Also, he was originally in line to win the 1996 KotR Tournament up to MSG, so no Curtain Call (Maybe they say goodbye to each other at a pub instead of in the ring) could so a Blue-Blooded Attitude Era, since I think that was Paul's gimmick at the time). Any ideas how Paul might do in WCW?

The thing about Rock was his whole rise to the top was very reliant on the Nation of Domination and him taking it over. IIRC, Ron Simmons was the glue for it and without him, it'd just be Mark Henry and Ahmed Johnson. Maybe Rocky Maivia could be the one to start it as a young fresh wrestler sick and tired of all the fans shouting "Die Rocky Die!" and McMahon incorporates the Nation or whatever it's called here into the wider Corporation,

On your first Edit, I don't think Owen Hart would be interested in stuff like that. He just didn't like the attitude era and everything about it (There's a reason he agreed to become the Blue Blazer from what I remember of his episode of DSotR) I did suggest Bradshaw (aka JBL), but some other friends have also suggested RVD, Raven, New Jack, and Sandman to take on Stone Cold's role in the WWF. All interesting ideas, though I don't know how Vince would feel with someone like New Jack as the hart of the company.

I like how these ideas though I did give HHH to WCW by having him be fired after Hall, Michaels, and Nash leave with the infamous Curtain Call at MSG unless HHH is just punished instead of fired (Also, he was originally in line to win the 1996 KotR Tournament up to MSG, so no Curtain Call (Maybe they say goodbye to each other at a pub instead of in the ring) could so a Blue-Blooded Attitude Era, since I think that was Paul's gimmick at the time). Any ideas how Paul might do in WCW
If he wants to have any success, he would need to reinvent his entire character if he doesn't want to just be a low-tier mid-carder. I personally like your idea of him becoming one of the Outsiders. Maybe in some wacky twist, he ends up making some alternate version of the Wolfpac with Michaels with him as the main member? This would be a good way to possibly get Paul to become a champion by having a rivalry with the nWo.

If he wants to have any success, he would need to reinvent his entire character if he doesn't want to just be a low-tier mid-carder. I personally like your idea of him becoming one of the Outsiders. Maybe in some wacky twist, he ends up making some alternate version of the Wolfpac with Michaels with him as the main member? This would be a good way to possibly get Paul to become a champion by having a rivalry with the nWo.

The Four Outsiders are Kevin Nash, Michael Hickenbottom, Paul Levesque, and Scott Hall respectfully. Maybe have the new World order Royalty for Paul to lead. There's a Triple Threat between Paul, Hogan, and Nash at Starrcade with Michael (or Sting) as Special Guest Referee with the winner becoming Champion and Michael Hickenbottom joining their faction (was Hall extremely loyal to the Hogan part of the nWo or do you think him joining Wolfpac and Hickenbottom joining Royalty from the get go would make sense here?)

I have a massive idea for my nWo storyline in my TL, so if you want to know it, ask for my Discord info and I'll give you it so we could bounce the idea off some until we have hammered out an idea that we both like.

The Four Outsiders are Kevin Nash, Michael Hickenbottom, Paul Levesque, and Scott Hall respectfully. Maybe have the new World order Royalty for Paul to lead. There's a Triple Threat between Paul, Hogan, and Nash at Starrcade with Michael (or Sting) as Special Guest Referee with the winner becoming Champion and Michael Hickenbottom joining their faction (was Hall extremely loyal to the Hogan part of the nWo or do you think him joining Wolfpac and Hickenbottom joining Royalty from the get go would make sense here?)

I have a massive idea for my nWo storyline in my TL, so if you want to know it, ask for my Discord info and I'll give you it so we could bounce the idea off some until we have hammered out an idea that we both like.
Michaels and Paul IOTL tried to persuade WWF management to let them team up, this could happen in this timeline as well but with WCW management.

Michaels and Paul IOTL tried to persuade WWF management to let them team up, this could happen in this timeline as well but with WCW management.

In my TL, I also had the Von Erichs staying alive with David as the Main Eventer, Kevin as the Mid Carder, Kerry and Mike as the Tag Team, and Chris as the Team Manager, so maybe we could have David be on Hollywood Hogan's side. So the Starrcade main event is Hollywood Hogan (w David Von Erich) [Leading the nWo] v Kevin Nash (w Scott Hall) [Leading the nWo Wolfpac] v Paul Levesque (w Michael Hickenbottom) [Leading nWo Royalty] for the WCW Championship, maybe with moments of the three allies interfering to keep their guy safe, so Flair or Bischoff adds in Goldberg/Steiner/DDP/Booker/Benoit and they have a surprise win over the nWo, idk.

interested in talking with me about my idea for the nWo storyline?

In my TL, I also had the Von Erichs staying alive with David as the Main Eventer, Kevin as the Mid Carder, Kerry and Mike as the Tag Team, and Chris as the Team Manager, so maybe we could have David be on Hollywood Hogan's side. So the Starrcade main event is Hollywood Hogan (w David Von Erich) [Leading the nWo] v Kevin Nash (w Scott Hall) [Leading the nWo Wolfpac] v Paul Levesque (w Michael Hickenbottom) [Leading nWo Royalty] for the WCW Championship, maybe with moments of the three allies interfering to keep their guy safe, so Flair or Bischoff adds in Goldberg/Steiner/DDP/Booker/Benoit and they have a surprise win over the nWo, idk.

interested in talking with me about my idea for the nWo storyline?
If Flair ends up being the one to make the decision, He would choose Benoit due to his history with the four horsemen. Maybe the Four Horsemen have some alternate feud with the nWo due to this, which group depends on who he ends up pinning for the win I guess.

If Flair ends up being the one to make the decision, He would choose Benoit due to his history with the four horsemen. Maybe the Four Horsemen have some alternate feud with the nWo due to this, which group depends on who he ends up pinning for the win I guess.

Definitely. I wonder what that pop would be like.

If you're down to chat, my Discord is IzuTogaTrash#2178 so feel free to hit me up if you're interested