Thinking of doing a new timeline...

Which timeline would you like me to attempt next?

• Eternal Empire

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I, Marius

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Worth a Cross

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • The City of Men's Desire

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • The Lord Great Kiev

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Dalekie Berega

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Unholy Roman Empire

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Promised Lands

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Renovatio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diamond

Banned
I voted for Russian America.

I've actually started a 'super-Kiev' TL, but I need to do some reading before I can get too far into it. If you want to see what I've done so far Midgard, it's here:

Crossroads of the World

Faeelin

Banned
Please, not another Byzantine TL.

I mean that in a nice way, I really do. It's just that the other ideas are unique, fresh, and different. Why not try one of them?

Faeelin said:
Please, not another Byzantine TL.

I mean that in a nice way, I really do. It's just that the other ideas are unique, fresh, and different. Why not try one of them?

Yeah, that was pretty much the main reason for the poll... I was seriously thinking of doing something having to do with Byzantium first, but had the reservations such as the fact that my last TL was very much about uber-Byzantium surviving well past its intended time; and as much sentimental feelings I have about everyone's favorite underdog, it is IMO time to move on into something different.

On the other hand, I know the most about the periods in Byzantine history referred to in potential ATLs, and less about some of the other periods and/or cultures mentioned - but then again, all it would require would be some research, which I finally have time for, so it is really an open game.

So far seems like the Unholy Roman Empire is doing fairly well, and so is Worth A Cross... to me the former is probably a bit more interesting to do, but it is also probably less plausible - although we are not talking ASBs here with the chain of events I have in mind. Either way though, the final TL will have one of these basic premises, but might incorporate some ideas from other TLs that have relatively close PODs. :)

OK, this is almost it... I will attempt the TL that has the highest number of votes by the end of the day (well, when I last access the PC today - which should be when I leave work in about 8 hours or so from now). Your input is greatly appreciated!

Othniel said:
Worth of Cross should be done at least once. ;) If not this one, do it after this next one.

Definitely - if it does not get the most votes this time around, I will definitely consider it for my next timeline after this. Although you have to admit, the idea of Unholy Roman Empire is, shall we say, interesting... :D

midgardmetal said:
Definitely - if it does not get the most votes this time around, I will definitely consider it for my next timeline after this. Although you have to admit, the idea of Unholy Roman Empire is, shall we say, interesting... :D
Maybe… or it could a bit gimmicky, thou. (Depends on what you have in mind)

Hermanubis said:
Maybe… or it could a bit gimmicky, thou. (Depends on what you have in mind)

It is definitely a gradual development, having nothing to do with the occult or Satanism... the POD I am thinking of is in the XIIth century, but the Empire does not become "Unholy" until much, much later. In this case, the Reformation, the Enlightenment, and the Age of Revolutions all occur very differently than in OTL, and at a different time(s).

midgardmetal said:
It is definitely a gradual development, having nothing to do with the occult or Satanism... the POD I am thinking of is in the XIIth century, but the Empire does not become "Unholy" until much, much later. In this case, the Reformation, the Enlightenment, and the Age of Revolutions all occur very differently than in OTL, and at a different time(s).
Maybe a title given to it by others? Hmm…

Hermanubis said:
Maybe a title given to it by others? Hmm…

That too, but they end up adopting it as well... this has to do with a certain predominant issue of the Middle Ages that spins completely out of control here...

midgardmetal said:
That too, but they end up adopting it as well... this has to do with a certain predominant issue of the Middle Ages that spins completely out of control here...
Actually, sounds really interesting now :)

Well, the final results are in...

...And the winner is...

<drum roll>

THE UNHOLY ROMAN EMPIRE!

Expect the first update either over the weekend, or early next week as I need to do a little more research before writing it. Next on schedule - WORTH A CROSS, a tale of the Most Christian Empire of Rum and its rulers, the house of Osman.