The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

I've been working on listing all of the events and worldbuilding history in one consistent timeline to bring all of the content into context and perhaps inspire some more content in the other thread.

ST15RM

Banned
I've been working on listing all of the events and worldbuilding history in one consistent timeline to bring all of the content into context and perhaps inspire some more content in the other thread.
hey how's that been going? Is there any sort of WIP Word doc that we could look at?

Nine-and-a-half million deaths? Holy Zeus, that's almost as many as the Holocaust!
Yeah, it was basically 10% of the African population it was awful. What's worse is that the original plan was to make the African population Majority white as outlined in the political manifesto of the Before Mentioned Jameson Agusta. Of course, after the major powers started getting called out on it there was the usual tirade of useless apologies after apologies but the Colonial investment still followed the White population around for a long time up until independence for most of the countries which came as late as the 80s or 90s in some cases. Thankfully none of these nations deny the awful event and face the issue head-on whenever its brought up. Its lasting effects include Africa having fewer people compared to OTL and also that African nations that do not have significant white populations are unbelievably poor.

What about this?

Prime Ministers of the Commonwealth of America.

1852: Alexandre Étienne (Whig majority)
1856: Alexandre Étienne (Whig majority)

1940: Corentin Romilly (Progressive led unity government with Federalist, Liberal support)
1945:
Evan L. Lewis (Labor majority)
1950: Evan L. Lewis (Labor majority)

Hey can anyone tell me the OTL equivalents of these people because I cant really seem to find them

ST15RM

Banned
look what i'm working on...
upload_2019-12-13_23-14-53.png

(btw @Nazi Space Spy / @Riley Uhr could you maybe work on a list of notable events that each pm held?)

look what i'm working on...
View attachment 508775

(btw @Nazi Space Spy / @Riley Uhr could you maybe work on a list of notable events that each pm held?)

I'm not an expert on this but if I had to have a go with recent PMs and some vague ideas
Carte Goodwin- Gun Law Reform due to the Mass Shootings in El Paso

Jack Layton- Legalisation of Same-Sex Marriage, Raising the Minumum wage, Healthcare System Reform, Renewable Energy Investment, Education Standards Reform, Minor Tax Increases
Events: A Minor Ministerial Scandal?, Recreational Use of Cannabis Referendum.

John Ashcroft- Rural Investment, Stricter Crime Laws, Legislation to "Preserve Morality"?, Crackdown on Immigration and Airport Security
Events: Great Recession, 2007 Mass Workers Strikes, Tsingtau Protests

Richard Gephart- Online Development Act, Pension Reform,
Events: Resignation of Guillaume Blanchet, An Accompanying Scandal explaining why

Bill Clinton- African Investment, Immigration Reform, Healthcare Reform, North American Cooperation Act, "Clean Up Our Cities" Bill (Crackdown on Crime)
Events: Large Scandal

Lynn Martin: Business Interests Act
Events: First Female Prime Minister and that's about it

Brian Mulroney: Moderate Tax Increases, Expansion of Free Trade
Events: New York Colonisation Summit, Failed Chinese Democracy Summit, Death of Mary II, Coronation of George III

Walter Mondale: Reduction of Nuclear Arms
Events:

Joseph Clark: Government transparency act, Consumer Protection Act, Privatisation of Air America
Events: The "Fresh" Budget of 1980

George McGovern: 1977 Environmental Protection Act, Farmer protection Bill
Events: The Continuation of the major 1975-1979 Economic Recession, 1979 Moon Landing

Pierre Trudeau: Gender Equality Act, Decriminalisation of Homosexuality Nationalisation of American Rail, Climate Change Bill, Clean Waterways & Airways act, National Parks Act, Healthcare Reform and Investment Bill
Events: Establishment of the American National Space Exploration Agency (ANSEA), American Involvement in the London African Colonial summit, 1975-1979 Rescission, Inflation Crisis of 1976

Agan, Not really good on specifics but here's some of my ideas

FWIW, I'm thinking Our Cousins Across the Water will really take off as we launch an election in 2020. I think that would be a good starting point to get the ball rolling. I'll work on the PM's wikibox list's events first, then I'll spend the remainder of the year beefing up the history. I think we should aim to have an election simulated in real time sometime in early March?

FWIW, I'm thinking Our Cousins Across the Water will really take off as we launch an election in 2020. I think that would be a good starting point to get the ball rolling. I'll work on the PM's wikibox list's events first, then I'll spend the remainder of the year beefing up the history. I think we should aim to have an election simulated in real time sometime in early March?
Yeah, we probably should've had an election this year but let's just say the 2015 election occurred very late in the year during what would normally be holiday time for Parliament and therefore Carte Goodwin cannot organise one until Parliament next sitting in February sometime. Let's also have a relatively short campaign period because Parliamentary campaigns can normally be over within a couple of weeks.

Yeah, we probably should've had an election this year but let's just say the 2015 election occurred very late in the year during what would normally be holiday time for Parliament and therefore Carte Goodwin cannot organise one until Parliament next sitting in February sometime. Let's also have a relatively short campaign period because Parliamentary campaigns can normally be over within a couple of weeks.
That's perfect - I'll start working on a back story for that and ensure one gets underway. Alternatively, we could have had Carte Goodwin call a snap election in 2017, which means that a 2020 election can still occur.

I'm curious because I don't think that the CoA's military has been discussed much if at all. What do the various armed forces look like? What is their leadership structure, technology, manpower, uniforms, insignia, etc. like?