The XK-BAM map series

Anyone remembers Geacron? it was a great interactive map tool that showed border changes in the world map since 3000 BCE, it had a limited and paid version, I now tried to access the site but it didn't work, the fact that such an unique site was almost never mentioned around online history communities and had no HTTPS certificate always looked very sketchy to me.

My last experience with the site was like 2 years ago when they restricted the option to go to any time period you wanted and made you stuck to see a border change per decade unless you paid them to get the premium version, but the backlash from their (probably tiny) community was so immense that they removed this option.
Still do.

View attachment 446262
Hi, I made this 2K-BAM map of East Asia and the Pacific in December 6, 1941 for another project of mine. I might later expand this into a full world map, but for now I would like to hear some constructive criticism and if I have made any mistakes. Please note that several borders were drawn manually without any reference maps, so they may be slightly inaccurate.

P.S. Does anyone have good sources on the administrative divisions of the Dutch East Indies? I couldn't find any so I used the subdivisions from other maps like the WorldA.
has anyone that in 8k?

Different Proposals for the Mexican Cession, see here for more info:
https://dsl.richmond.edu/historicalatlas/94/a
finale.png

for the light blue bits, the more natural borders were drawn in by me as a possible alternative, but is not necessarily more accurate than the non-natural equivalent.

Attachments

• Topographic (1).png
    Topographic (1).png
    38.1 KB · Views: 736
Anyone got the pre-modern Mongolian borders in 8kbam? I know they were different, but I've not seen them in 8kbam yet.

1625725385244.png

Here's my unfinished attempt at German Subdivisions in 1944, these ones should be the de-jure ones.
I don't really have any plans on finishing it, at least not yet, so here you go.

I'm planning to do a side-map game to Beginning concerning Russia, which starts in 1547.

I want to use the 2K-BAM for this, so I have no other choice but to try and encode the borders at that time onto the 2K-BAM.

Wish me luck, and tell me of any things I should be wary of.

Untitled50_20210712080849.png

First step: a Virgin Earth 2K-BAM, centered on the Pacific and coastlines adjusted to #000000. I tried to eliminate as much of the given reservoirs as possible using the map featured earlier here.

Next up, I will be placing the major states and stuff (not bothering too much with the internals of the HRE for now).