Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
version 1.6
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.6
    Changelog:
    • Thanks to Frank Hart for catching my Greenland error - the missing municipality of Qeqertalik has been added.
    • Added first-level subdivisions for France, Italy, Spain and Saudi Arabia, and the regions of Japan (the map's size does not permit me to add the prefectures).
    winkel tripel bam.png

version 1.7
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.7
    Changelog:
    • Added first-level subdivisions for the DRC, Kazakhstan, Poland, Pakistan and Belarus.
    winkel tripel bam.png

And by the way, @tungsterismapping, the dark colour is used for all autonomous annexed territories - Russia's republics, autonomous okrugs and the Jewish Autonomous Oblast, in this case.

version 1.8
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.8
    Changelog:
    • Added first-level subdivisions for Ukraine, Iran, Niger, Malaysia and Sudan.
    • After much deliberation, Russia's autonomous okrugs and the JAO are now coloured using the lighter colour, as in other base maps.
    winkel tripel bam.png

version 1.9
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    Finally managed to bite the procrastination bug long enough to get an update out.

version 1.9
    Changelog:
    • Due to popular demand, and to bring this basemap into line with the others, coastlines have been change to a very dark blue, rather than black.
    • Lakes Titicaca and Nicaragua have been added.
    • Coloured Russia's republics using the lighter shade to show their autonomy.
    winkel tripel bam.png

version 1.10
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.10
    Changelog:

• All remainign subdivisions within the Americas that are possible with the map's limitations are now shown.
    winkel tripel bam.png

version 1.11
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.11
    Changelog:

• Subdivisions are now shown for Namibia, Botswana, Mongolia and Iceland.
    winkel tripel bam.png

version 1.12
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.12
    Changelog:
    • Subdivisions are now shown for most African countries south of the equator.
    winkel tripel bam.png

Last edited:
    version 1.13
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.13
    Changelog:
    • Subdivisions are now shown for most East and Central African countries.
    winkel tripel bam.png

version 1.14
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.14
    Changelog:
    • Subdivisions are now shown for most West African countries.
    • A minor tweak to Ivory coast's coastline has been made.
    • The situation in the Tigray War is now shown.
    winkel tripel bam.png

version 1.15
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.15
    Changelog:
    • Subdivisions are now shown for Morocco and Libya. With this, I am done with Africa for now, as I cannot show the subdivions for Algeria, Tunisia or Egypt due to the subdivisions being too dense. But if you want to try and patch them in yourself, go ahead.
    winkel tripel bam.png

version 1.16
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.16
    Changelog:
    • Brazil's Federal District is now shown in the "Brazilian territory" colour.
    • Subdivisions are now shown for Syria, Iraq, Yemen and Oman.
    (NOTE: I will not be showing the situation in Ukraine until either the war stagnates or a peace treaty is signed, whichever comes first.)
    winkel tripel bam.png

version 1.17
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.17
    Changelog:
    • Subdivisions are now shown for the rest of Central Asia.
    winkel tripel bam.png

Last edited:
    version 1.18
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    version 1.18
    Changelog:
    • Subdivisions are now shown for Afghanistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Papua New Guinea.
      • This is probably the best I can manage for subdivisions in terms of Asia and Oceania. After this I'll be moving on to Europe, and then a rivers patch.
    • In Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republika Srpska and the Brcko Distirct are now shown.
    winkel tripel bam.png

Last edited:
    version 2.0
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    And there... I've just finished slogging through the rest of the European countries I believe my skill permits me to do. With that, I hereby present the Winkel-Triple BAM, verison 2.0!
    version 2.0
    Changelog:
    • Subdivisions are now shown for Fennoscandia, the former Czechoslovakia, Greece and Turkey.
    winkel tripel bam.png

After this I will make some corrections to the 1946 map posted earlier, and then a rivers patch is coming. After that, some other years will be done.

No subdivisions map - 8/7/22 update
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    Whilst work is proceeding on the 1936 map, I figured I'd also update the no-subdivisions map with several quality updates.
    • The minor tweaks added on the subdivisions map - such as the ROC's claims, have been added.
    • The US and UK colours have been changed to the standard UCS colours.
    EDIT: I have attempted to fix the Dutch coast to the best of my ability.
    winkel tripel bam.png

Last edited:
    Subdivisions map - 8/7/22 update
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    And here is the subdivisions map with the Dutch coast fix.
    subdivisions.png

9/7/22 update
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    I have just realised I forgot to change the territorial water colour for the Americans in American Samoa. This has been fixed. I have also decided to restart the 1936 map because I didn't like the way it was looking.
    winkel tripel bam.png

subdivisions.png

2/8/22 update
  • qazse

Gone Fishin'
    Belarus has been fixed - Mogilev Oblast is now correctly shown as one entity.
    wt-bam.png

Also, apologies - I've been battling the procrastination bug. Work on the 1936 map will resume shortly.