Le me

upload_2017-5-2_23-8-5.png

I'm not quite sure what your going with here. I haven't seen anything here on this thread relating to ISOT.

This stuff here: Every area the map creator has visited gets isoted on virgin earth
I've decided to call this "No Rhyme or Reason".

"We may never know why, on June 1st, 2017, these sixteen disparate lands - eleven US states, two Australian states and one territory, the Mexican state of Sonora, and the Commonwealth of the Bahamas - were grouped together without rhyme or reason and cast adrift in time and space. What we do know is that we represent the only humans on this green Earth, and I assure you that in the coming days I and my fellow leaders will work together to adjust to our new world and cooperate to ensure our future security and prosperity. God bless you, and God bless all of mankind." - Newly sworn-in President Mattis, speaking from the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia.

rltXQpG.png

Event + 4 Years

3s0qXjN.png

The Cumberland territory was established to connect Virginia with the rest of the US. Sonora was annexed to prevent the situation there from deteriorating. With the collapse of the finance and tourism industries, only government welfare programs are keeping the Bahamas afloat, but the US has agreed to provide free trade and even some humanitarian and financial aid in exchange for a naval base to maintain Virginia's connection by sea to the rest of the country.

Many of President Mattis' decisions were controversial, but almost all are seen as necessary. With Congress completely gone, it fell to the Governors to appoint new Senators, while elections for the House were delayed until 2018, leaving Mattis essentially all-powerful for the first year of the crisis. When the new all-freshman Congress was finally chosen, they were quick to approve Mattis' seven SCOTUS nominees - all centrists or slightly right-of-center - who in turn were quick to declare all of Mattis' actions during the crisis constitutional, done with the intent of preserving the Union.

Starvation was avoided thanks to food redistribution, rationing and other government programs, but the economy is still in complete shambles, with many large companies entirely vanished, trade frozen indefinitely, and several industries destroyed entirely. Unemployment has skyrocketed, as has crime as unrest spreads. Military intervention prevented Sonora from falling into anarchy, but poverty and organized crime run rampant and are expected to be serious problems for the foreseeable future. Mass infrastructure programs like in the Cumberland territory have helped somewhat, but it is clear that a fundamental restructuring of the economy is needed to end the Depression. Mass media has recovered quickly, with Silicon Valley companies putting the Internet back together within months at the expense of broadcast television. The problem of stranded foreign nationals was solved by Mattis' controversial Adoption Doctrine, making anyone in US territory at the time of the Event a US citizen.

With the upcoming 2020 election, Mattis has decided to run for re-election as an Independent. He is expected to receive strong support from conservatives and white moderates, and only the Democrats are running a serious challenger against him. However, the Libertarian candidate is expected to get more than 5% of the vote, prompting ominous forecasts from political commentators.

A referendum to join the United States is being held in Sonora, and it is expected to pass in a landslide. Bahamian politicians on both sides of the aisle are hoping to follow in the next four years.

*Choo Choo!* the Hype-Train arrives! :p

View attachment 319869

On May 2nd, 2017, The German States of Berlin, Bremen, Bayern, Baden-Württemberg, Brandenburg, Hamburg, Hessen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Niedersachsen, Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Mechlenburg-Vorpommern ans Schleswig-Holstein, the Austrian States of Kärnten, Niederösterreich, Oberösterreich, Salzburg, Steiermark and Wien, the Danish Regions of Syddanmark, Midtjylland and Nordjylland, The French Arrondissements Haut-Rhin and Bas-Rhin, the Czech Kraje Liberecký, Praha and Jihomoravský, The City of London, the Italian Province of Udine, The Croatian County of Istra and the Republic of Slovenia were left on this lonely, unihabitated Earth. No People, No Countries, No Civilization. No remnants of anything. No one knew why. World's population was estimated less than 100 million, making many of the Remaining Political bodies worried about Food and resource shortages. The country with the Largest Area, Economy and Population was Germany, Comprising 76,8 of 97 Million inhabitants (79% of the World's Population). It was clear that Germany was, although its relatively small Army back in the Old World (120,000- 200,000), the ultimate dominator of the New World. It was easy to say that even a Germany without an Army would be strong enough to literally overrun the minuscule populations of the other countries.

Germany. The Country of europeanism, of anti-patriotism and humanism. What way should they choose?

5 Years later
View attachment 319871
Europe is unquestionably led by Germany. Instead of bullying their little Neighbors, Germany has kept its Europeanist ways and has convinced the City of London to, at least temporarily, rejoin the "EU" for the Reconstruction of the Homelands.

Austria eventually "decided" to join Germany as people in Germany and Austria pushed the idea of a reemerging German superpower. Nominally, the German Government reclaims the eastern territories of 1937 plus Kattowitz, although definitions vary, if East Prussia alone or EP plus a corridor crossing Danzig should be added to the claim. Oficially, they only Claim the Contiguous Areas from Pomerania to Silesia.
Many Radicals in Left and Right demand the German claim to be expanded to its 1914, 1939 or even 1942 Borders, Including Czech lands.

In the west, the German Government plans to regain its original lands, Eupen-Malmedy and Luxemburg. Some politicians claim the regain of Alsace-Lorraine.
Speaking of it, the Remaining French arrondissements are unsure whether to follow their legacy and to join their eastern Cultural Brother, whom they're economically dependent on, or to resettle France, maybe even to later leave Alsace for the Germans. due to the very low population, the former is more popular, however the statistics aren't exact as most Alsatians have multiple opinions.

In the south, Germany Reclaims the German-speaking Areas in Tyrol (also the ones in former italy) and Vorarlberg. Conservatives and Rights also demand the rest of south tyrol, which wasn't German-inhabitated in the old World.
Italy itself, now calling itself "Trieste" has lost any hope to regain Italy in the next 100 Years. The political goal is to regain the Veneto Area, although Claims haven't left the Italian Embassies yet.
Same goes to Istria, who have lost any hope to recolonize Croatia in the next Generations.

Slovenia is the only Country to be fully transpositioned, and thus, they aren't as dependent on Germany as others, but their Government is more loyal to Germany than anyone else, which might have to do with the shared history of the two.

Czechia is afraid of Germany, and is the second most loyal to the Germans. Their Land isn't contiguous, with Czechs having to Cross multiple hundred kilometres/miles of German soil to get to the other Part, and the majority of the population (85%) living in a pretty much overpopulated City, whose only connection is a Street Strip the Czechs owe the secure and construction money to Germany. Miloš Zeman's Government has nominally claimed their former territories, but most czechs think that the Germans will force to release the Sudetenland areas as legitimate areas for Germany.

London claims all of Great Britain and Ireland, although their control limits itself to London and a vast amount of farms and construction sites between London and the reconstructed City of Dover.

Resettlement has so far only been executed by Germany, Denmark and London. While London tries to recolonize England, Denmark has first reconstructed New Copenhagen and try to connect the rest of the island with their small population. They dislike the fact that Germany has erected a small base on Bornholm. Germany also has seized control of the Rhine, and is encouraging people to build up the cities of Rotterdam and Amsterdam. the Current "Generalplan Deutschland" (general proposition [for] Germany) includes the preparation for the resettlement of Rheinland-Pfalz and the Ostgebiete, on which the eastern part of the City of Görlitz, the rest of Usedom and Wollin and Stettin have been reconstructed.
In an euphoria to regain the eastern territories, West pomerania has seperated itself from Mecklenburg-West Pomerania to form the German State of Pomerania once again.

Fb35Lqq.png

Third time's the charm, had to combine people's maps again. Also added some of my Canadian journeys.

Last edited:
Third time's the charm, had to combine people's maps again. Also added some of my Canadian journeys.

I'm really sorry to have made extra work for you. But I also wanted to see the map just for me (and didn't then want to take the time of combining it). Thanks and great work.

I'm really sorry to have made extra work for you. But I also wanted to see the map just for me (and didn't then want to take the time of combining it). Thanks and great work.
Don't worry about it, combining the maps aren't actually that hard. Just infuriating when I miss a spot or something. :p

Could someone add these to the USA map for me please? I don't know enough USA geography to identify the counties!
Visited: Salt Lake City (Utah), Miami (Florida), Fort Lauderdale (Florida), Norfolk (Virginia), Annapolis (Maryland), Washington D.C., Shaw A.F.B near Sumter (South Carolina)
Passed through: Utah - whatever county Bingham Copper Mine is in, Chicago (airport), Charlotte (North Carolina) airport - with drive to/from Shaw A.F.B.

Thanks!

I think it's time to give this thread a little life. Here's a map of New England towns (and counties, too), updated for a recent trip to Dudley (briefly passed through Thompson, Connecticut, so I can add Windham County to my list):
g5qoyqp.png