The Whale has Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dragon has had to take an absence due to a number of comlex reasons I won't go into here.

Now the real news - the Dragon is back, and will be posting the next pieces of the story in a week or two. So you all have time to take cover...

its-a-trap-17_zps4f19dd29.jpg

Good to see you back AD, life can sometimes be a pain so I'm pretty sure we all understand why you've been MIA. Here's hoping for some good stuff and Vol4 soon.

hmm apparently the dragon didn t get the memo stating those who created popular time lines aren t allowed a life outside of updates........or maybe it was the rest of us who forget that there is life outside of AH:eek:....o well....all in good time:)

hmm apparently the dragon didn t get the memo stating those who created popular time lines aren t allowed a life outside of updates........or maybe it was the rest of us who forget that there is life outside of AH:eek:....o well....all in good time:)

as long he doesn't make statements that big updates are coming, which he did.

I am a nurse not a patient

we could start talking about national delicacy's again that normally attracts him back on.

On which subject thanks to the new Local Poles not only is decent German type sausage alive widely you can get tinned anchovies & there is no finer snack food IMO than Anchovies on toast

Lovely stuff

On an in-the-shower thought, I wonder what this post war world will look like. Can the western allies get to Berlin first? Warsaw is not possible, the Iron Curtain could be a lot more east if the initiatives are grasped. Maybe even a second smaller landing after Normandy in Denmark to keep the ball rolling? I'm not using that as my main option, just a wild example, but it is a question I asked myself before when reading about the Normandy landing. Why weren't there more landings made after, to keep the Germans unbalanced while the main push east was going on by the WA? I appreciate the logistical nightmare it was for Overlord, but now they have two successful blueprints of how to conduct a seaborne invasion. Just a thought I had. As well what is China, and FIC going to be like come the end of everybody else's hostilities?

With the more effective response and defense of the empire, it feels like it will be able to deal with decolonization more confidently. Some of the colonies could even be to the tune of being able to help with the defense next time. More in that the Commonwealth turns more into a NATO like defense treaty with economics pluses, making for a recognized though looser third power bloc in time for the Cold War.

If I am speaking malarkey please let me know.
.................................................................................................

The biggest problem with Overlord (Normandy invasion) was the lack of port facilities. WALLY advance was hindered by a lack of shipping capacity until two months after they captured the port of Antwerp.
What was the next significant port up the coast?
Equally important are intact rail links to inland battlefields. This late in the war, the Luftwaffe was unlikely to do significant damage to remaining rail lines.
With a decent port along the Frisian coast, would WALLYs have been able to resume their offensive during the autumn of 1944?

.................................................................................................

The biggest problem with Overlord (Normandy invasion) was the lack of port facilities. WALLY advance was hindered by a lack of shipping capacity until two months after they captured the port of Antwerp.
What was the next significant port up the coast?
Equally important are intact rail links to inland battlefields. This late in the war, the Luftwaffe was unlikely to do significant damage to remaining rail lines.
With a decent port along the Frisian coast, would WALLYs have been able to resume their offensive during the autumn of 1944?

Oh no. Nope. We are NOT going there. We are NOT returning to.... that place. Nope. Nuh-uh. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.