The Whale has Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, I think the thing to do here is for us all to post nothing whatsoever on this thread until Astrodragon puts up some sort of update. That way we'd all know that when it popped up on our subscription lists, it was because the story is advancing.

The danger is that someone new to the site, quite ignorant of the "necromancy" rules, would then post an enthusiastic reply to something way back at the beginning and get the thread locked. But that would just force AD to start a continuation thread, or just admit the story has run out of steam due to the FAA winning the RN right out of business, which seems not unlikely.

But if no one but Astrodragon posts after this post, this post with its obscure reference to "necromancy" might give that poster pause, and they might wander off asking what the heck I'm talking about...

Hello, new member from the far future!

I don't know if you'll find it spelled out in the Forum rules or not--I don't think it is now--but the moderators hate people other than the author with a continuation of the story posting after they deem a thread has "died." Last time I looked, they refused to give a definition of how long that might be, but if looks like the better part of a year since the last post, I'd hold off and PM Astrodragon to put something new here before adding anything. If someone else does, the mods will lock the thread forever.:eek:

If you are in fact a cyber-archeologist from post-Singularity times, you may have trouble reaching the Dragon though. Then again the moderation regime would probably have slackened by your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.