The VT-BAM project

VT45

Banned
For some reason I can't log into the AH.com Wiki. But I think we're advanced enough at this point to have a page and a directory there. Could someone create such a thing? I'd do it myself but I can't edit anything there because of my login problems.

@Petike does most of the wiki-work nowadays, I think I honestly don't know how to log into it myself.

Petike is not on any way shape or form an official representative of the site. Ian is the only person who can give out wiki access.

It would be awfully nice if we had something like VaultWiki here

Dom

Petike is not on any way shape or form an official representative of the site. Ian is the only person who can give out wiki access.

It would be awfully nice if we had something like VaultWiki here

Oh yeah Petike isn't official he just likes to hang around in the dark corners of the Wiki so I figured he might want to do something.

@VT45, is someone doing municipalities for New England/Maritimes? I started on them personally for Our Fair Country and while many are different, a lot are the same and might be of use for the accurate, historical version.

@Petike does most of the wiki-work nowadays, I think I honestly don't know how to log into it myself.

Oh yeah Petike isn't official he just likes to hang around in the dark corners of the Wiki so I figured he might want to do something.

As Burton said, I'm just the most active editor (and have been for a number of years, sadly - it's lonely there, with few other regular contributors).

I've sent VT45 a PM about the login issue. Looking at the wiki's index page, maybe I need to highlight the info on the new login system a bit more ? I've tried to make that bit of info as prominent as possible after the software switch two years ago, but it still might get a bit lost in those opening paragraphs.

VT45

Banned
Thanks! I’ll take a look. :)

And @Kanan I have the overlays for the municipalities for all of North America and I can add them in for sure. I’m just working on the second level divisions right now and then I can go back and add those in. I can send you the overlays though if you want in the meantime.

Thanks! I’ll take a look. :)

And @Kanan I have the overlays for the municipalities for all of North America and I can add them in for sure. I’m just working on the second level divisions right now and then I can go back and add those in. I can send you the overlays though if you want in the meantime.

Sure!! I only had done my fictional Long Island as well as CT and RI so sending those would save so much time with converting my stuff to VT-BAM!

VT45

Banned
I’m on my phone right now but when I get to my PC I’ll send it over. They’re broken up by tile, that is by regions that are 30 degrees by 30 degrees (the Koppen maps I posted the other day are one tile) so I’ll send you tile 14 and tile 15, since part of Nova Scotia is in tile 15.

Redcoat

Banned
Anyone know what the dimensions of the pixels are in the NYC area? In the equator it's apparently 925x925 meters. If I've gotten my math right apparently the local golf course is one pixel?

VT45

Banned
Well the whole of NYC is 68 by 53 pixels, and in lower Manhattan a single pixel is 925x704 meters.

VT45

Banned
I’ve messaged Ian for access to the wiki and I’m gonna make a directory for the VT-BAM. While I’m waiting, can I ask you all to consolidate your different claims into continental and regional maps that we can post to the wiki?

Redcoat

Banned
I’ve messaged Ian for access to the wiki and I’m gonna make a directory for the VT-BAM. While I’m waiting, can I ask you all to consolidate your different claims into continental and regional maps that we can post to the wiki?
Hey I can do it for you! What do you need?