The Union Forever: A TL

Great question about adding threadmarks. As mentioned my original account was linked to my university email which has long been defunct. I don't know if the admin can grant me access or not.

Can you still update the thread you made in the Finished Timelines forum? I remember you started, but only got up to the end of the Civil War.

Can you still update the thread you made in the Finished Timelines forum? I remember you started, but only got up to the end of the Civil War.

I certainly can, however the issue I am running into is that the updates between the Civil War and the Great War need a lot of work. In theory I would want to add them in the yearly update format that I started later in the TL, but I don't really have the time to go back and do it. If someone wanted to take the existing material and flesh it out that would be a huge help.

Thanks to Ian my old and new accounts have been merged so I will start establishing threadmarks. Are there instructions on how to do it posted somewhere?

Thanks to Ian my old and new accounts have been merged so I will start establishing threadmarks. Are there instructions on how to do it posted somewhere?
First off this is good news. As to making thread marks look at the bottom left part of each thread. There should be a blue label word there beside report label oddly enough as Threadmark. Click it then type in the title you want for that thread. On new threads there is above the area you post a label field. There just type in the title and it becomes threadmarked.

And you can make threadmarks to these posts which not be written by you. So you can create threadmarks to bios and other filling material.

First off this is good news. As to making thread marks look at the bottom left part of each thread. There should be a blue label word there beside report label oddly enough as Threadmark. Click it then type in the title you want for that thread. On new threads there is above the area you post a label field. There just type in the title and it becomes threadmarked.

And you can make threadmarks to these posts which not be written by you. So you can create threadmarks to bios and other filling material.

Got it, thanks. You know I have never noticed he threadmarks button before, ha!

Another question for y'all is do you think I should update the American Civil War posts to match what I have ousted in the finished timeline section?

Got it, thanks. You know I have never noticed he threadmarks button before, ha!
So your going to be implementing them soon? Because I have wanted to read this TL right through for a while but 366 pages and counting. With comments and all, was a bit to intimidating for me to ever get right into it. Of course I do have exams next week to be studying for, so no hurry.

Updates for the old posts would be cool

So your going to be implementing them soon? Because I have wanted to read this TL right through for a while but 366 pages and counting. With comments and all, was a bit to intimidating for me to ever get right into it. Of course I do have exams next week to be studying for, so no hurry.

I have started adding threadmarks. It is a work in progress but I am through the Civil War. I would like to standardize some of the early timeline with the later format but don't have the time. So... if any body wanted to do say a foreign and domestic development updates for 1879 or some random year. That would be great. Cheers!