The Union Forever: A TL

And I am betting most of the independent SEA countries, like Indonesia and the Philipines don't like Technocratic China bearing down on them either.

I suspect the ComNat would be staffing the Changi Naval Base in Singapore, Malaya with lots of naval assets and personnel, as well as the United States Navy in Subic Bay in order to contain China navally.

I'm pretty sure that the US never held the Philippines ITTL, so that doesn't seem likely.

Agreed with the rest of it, though don't know if China has been expanding its sea power. I think I remember some talk about easing the restrictions on Japan so they can help counterbalance China.

I'm pretty sure that the US never held the Philippines ITTL, so that doesn't seem likely.

Agreed with the rest of it, though don't know if China has been expanding its sea power. I think I remember some talk about easing the restrictions on Japan so they can help counterbalance China.

While the US never annexed the Philippines ITTL, it has had a naval base in Subic bay since the end of the Great War.

Last edited:
When do you think war might flare up in Manchuria?
Depends on what the Techonatics do in Manchuria. Russia is warn out by their civil war. I'm not even bothering calling them the IEF anymore. They are run by the Russians and anyone who says otherwise is fool of it. Most likely the Techonatics being the bastards they are perform selected ethnic cleansing in Manchuria against ethnic Russians there and other groups who don't want to be under the thumb of these assholes.

Depends on what the Techonatics do in Manchuria. Russia is warn out by their civil war. I'm not even bothering calling them the IEF anymore. They are run by the Russians and anyone who says otherwise is fool of it. Most likely the Techonatics being the bastards they are perform selected ethnic cleansing in Manchuria against ethnic Russians there and other groups who don't want to be under the thumb of these assholes.
Which means that Russia aka the IEF will have plenty of sympathy if it mounts an invasion sometime in the future (after it recovers enough from the civil war anyway).

Obviously Technocrats aren't friendly for anyone in Manchuria who not accept their regime. Ethnically Manchuria is probably strongly Han Chinese. In OTL Manchuria begun sinified on end of 19th century so probably same has happened there too. Altough there is too large Russian population but I suppose that most of them fled from area soon after secession.

Obviously Technocrats aren't friendly for anyone in Manchuria who not accept their regime. Ethnically Manchuria is probably strongly Han Chinese. In OTL Manchuria begun sinified on end of 19th century so probably same has happened there too. Altough there is too large Russian population but I suppose that most of them fled from area soon after secession.
The IEF had the area for over 100 years...surely that's not going to be washed away in a span of weeks or months with all or the vast majority of the Russians fleeing (even if we assume it happens; which is not certain).

Clever naming.

So which territories have yet to be incorporated as provinces as of 2005?

Thanks! See the map below.
Canada 2005.png

...Further question: The Marquesas Islands are another one. I forgot when they were annexed by France ITTL, but OTL they were annexed by France in 1870 (after an earlier settlement had failed prior to the PoD). As they only held control of the islands for about 40 years, and the US has possessed them since that time, might they have reverted to their original name of the Washington Islands? They were claimed by a US Captain in 1813, but lost control after the natives kicked them out in wake of a British jailbreak. In 1814, plans were made for the official annexation, but the Captain in charge (can't remember name) never was able to return to the islands due to the war's end.

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I imagine that the islands, which are a part of the State of Pacifica, are known as the Washington Islands. At least in the United States.

2006: Foreign and Domestic Developments

Foreign and Domestic Developments

Wolfshund rover.png

The German rover Wolfshund on the Martian surface

In early February, after the successful landing of the rover Wolfshund, Chancellor Osterloh tasked the Imperial Space and Aeronautics Commission to prepare a manned mission to Mars by the end of the next decade under the operational name Ausländer. As expected, President Rowland instructed the Department of Space to launch its own Martian program known as the Voyager Project. In a surprising move later that year, the Technate of China’s Sub-directorate for Space Exploration would also declare its intentions to land a man on Mars. Naturally, the three-way race to the Red Planet generated massive media attention although some groups viewed the endeavors as costly testaments to national vanity.

On March 31, Uruguay became the first country to legalize homosexual marriage nationwide after leftwing ecoists won control of the legislature earlier that year. While most nations refused to recognize same sex couples, or even banned homosexuality entirely, an increasing number were leaving the decision up to their various states, provinces, or municipalities.

In April, the leaders of five countries, all African nationalists, met in the West African city of Cape Coast and founded the All-African Alliance. Signatories included Isatou Camara of West Africa, Semere Kelati of Aksum, Augustin Mihambo of the Congo, Tariku Birra of Abyssinia, and Oscar Macumbi of Mozambique. The official ceremony took place in the city’s historic “slave castle” highlighting the alliance’s stated goal of “making Africa united, prosperous, and free from colonial influence.” The AAA also sought to gain a seat on the Fellowship of Nations Central Committee, an overture that was not well received by the other power blocs except for the Technocratic Union. Many outside observers derided the organization as mere “club for despots.” Virtually everyone saw it as a challenge to the existing political order in Africa.

The XXIII Summer Olympiad was held in Bogotá, the sprawling capital of the United States of Colombia, with a record 12 new nations making their Olympic debut.

In the United States, the midterm elections granted the Republicans continued control of Congress with only slight losses in the House of Representatives. Most pundits interpreted the results as voter satisfaction with the Rowland administration tough stance towards China and an improving economy.

On November 24, Technate of Bengal security forces violently put down a large public demonstration in Calcutta resulting in over 56 deaths. The protest was sparked after the government had forcefully evicted thousands from their homes to expand the city's port facilities.

In December, the Imperial Eurasian Federation adopted a new constitution, which among other things officially changed the name of the nation back to the Russian Empire, effectively ending the IEF’s 32 year existence. On paper, the constitution included many democratic guarantees and granted some autonomy to ethnic minorities. In reality, few expect these provisions to be enforced. In keeping with the conservative ideology of the nation’s rulers, the constitution specifically enshrined Russia as the protector of the Slavic peoples and the Orthodox faith. It however, did not definitely outline Russia’s territorial claims but cryptically stated that the “Empire reserves the right to defend its peoples and their ancestral homelands.”

IEF flag.png

Imperial Eurasian Federation
1974-2006

Last edited:
So, about one third to a half of IOTL Quebec has been split into IATL Quebec and Ungava?

Seemingly but I think that Quebec got OTL current borders decades after POD. Anyway is Keewatin territory similar Inuit autonomous area as OTL Nunavut territory?

Three-way Mars race. Anyway, were Chinese ever on Moon?

And first nation legalising homosexual marriages.

And new bloc. Let's see what will happen.

Events in Russia not surprise.