The Spanish Empire partitioned (Option 4)

Thande

Donor
So, would the Spanish Pacific have remained under Mexico, or under Spain itself?
Given how Cuba and Puerto Rico would have been detached from Nueva Espana and placed under direct Spanish control, I imagine the same would have been true of the Philippines, Guam and so on.

Given how Cuba and Puerto Rico would have been detached from Nueva Espana and placed under direct Spanish control, I imagine the same would have been true of the Philippines, Guam and so on.

I would imagine that to be the case too. However, stranger things have happened.

It woudl probably depend on what state the Mexican army is in when they get independence. But I can't see them takign the PAcific territories, no way.

that icon is a mistake

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
It woudl probably depend on what state the Mexican army is in when they get independence. But I can't see them takign the PAcific territories, no way.

:confused: I don't think you understand what's being suggested here. The American possessions are becoming independent, but still under Spanish imperial overlordship and ruled by Spanish infantes. They're hardly going to start fighting each other and Spain.

:confused: I don't think you understand what's being suggested here. The American possessions are becoming independent, but still under Spanish imperial overlordship and ruled by Spanish infantes. They're hardly going to start fighting each other and Spain.

So it's basically a Dominion system?