The Silver Knight, a Lithuania Timeline

What's your opinion on The Silver Knight so far?

• Total voters

krieger

Banned
It's difficult to say, because even a "Kaiserreich" scenario for TSK isn't exactly ironed out.

I personally believe that "Kalterkrieg" and "Krasnacht" counterparts wouldn't really exist in a hypothetical modding community, because they hinge on the belief that the conflict of the first half of the 20th century would devolve into a Cold War equivalent. There was no prolonged "Cold War" in TSK - there was a period of tension between the surviving Unitarian Internationale led by India and the rest of the world, but it didn't last for long and would thus play a small part in popular impression of history.

Maybe it'd be not exactly counterparts of "Kalterkrieg" and "Krasnacht" but I believe that some modders would do continuations for TTL "Kaiserreich". Instead of focusing on alt XXth-century, alt-modders could pay more attention to "The Wounded Knight" (briefly described by you) scenario and try to envision the world without imperial Lithuania. I'd also say that another possibility is that some bored Polish history fan, could write TTL counterpart of TSK - "The White Eagle" (it would be TSK within a TSK, describing rise of a country considered irrelevant - TSK Poland is considered irrelevant without Hungary, so it kind of mirrors OTL Lithuania being considered irrelevant without Poland) with POD of Henry III of Głogów uniting Poland instead of Łokietek (who would be ITTL considered one of worst kings of Poland).

Last edited:
Maybe it'd be not exactly counterparts of "Kalterkrieg" and "Krasnacht" but I believe that some modders would do continuations for TTL "Kaiserreich". Instead of focusing on alt XXth-century, alt-modders could pay more attention to "The Wounded Knight" (briefly described by you) scenario and try to envision the world without imperial Lithuania. I'd also say that another possibility is that some bored Polish history fan, could write TTL counterpart of TSK - "The White Eagle" (it would be TSK within a TSK, describing rise of a country considered irrelevant - TSK Poland is considered irrelevant without Hungary, so it kind of mirrors OTL Lithuania being considered irrelevant without Poland) with POD of Henry III of Głogów uniting Poland instead of Łokietek (who would be ITTL considered one of worst kings of Poland).
That sounds reasonable. And your scenario is interesting too - yeah, Poland would be the most accurate counterpart to Lithuania for a "TSK in a TSK" scenario, now that I think about it.

I'm pretty sure OTL life of Łokietek would be considered ASB in any scenario when he failed to get the crown. His career was one of most ASBish events in Polish history.

krieger

Banned
I'm pretty sure OTL life of Łokietek would be considered ASB in any scenario when he failed to get the crown. His career was one of most ASBish events in Polish history.
His life in TSK went exactly like OTL. I meant that in this timeline Łokietek would be condsidered bad king. He lost Silesia and Pomerania and de facto caused Poland to become Hungarian puppet which led to creation of Visegrad ITTL. With no Polish-Lithuanian union and with prolonged Hungarian dominacy Łokietek would be viewed as a gullible, petty fool instead of his OTL fame of a great unifier.

krieger

Banned
What do you imagine said continuations to look like?

Following @Augenis 's post about TSK! "Kaiserreich" -I'd envision two continuation. First could be called TSK! Krasnacht because it would involve CUS and Unitarian South Germania competely destroying Lithuania creating strong Unitarian sphere in central Europe, from Rhine to Dnieper. On the west, there would be beaten, but democratic France. On the east, Volga Russia would take over Russia proper and become ultranationalist dictatorship under Vozhd Levitov. The second one would be TSK! Kalterkrieg - Unitarians in Europe are screwed over, Visegradian government returns from Tripoli (I'd imagine Tripolitania as TSK! counterpart to KR Canada), Lithuanian Empire endures and France recreates empire of Charlemagne.

krieger

Banned
That sounds reasonable. And your scenario is interesting too - yeah, Poland would be the most accurate counterpart to Lithuania for a "TSK in a TSK" scenario, now that I think about it.

Another idea for a TSK! HoI 4 mod is counterpart of "Il Bethisad" scenario within TSK. It'd contain things like Visegrad surviving (since Il Bethisad's PLC's counterpart survived and Visegrad is TSK! counterpart of PLC, it should survive within TSK! Il Bethisad), VFS never emerging or England staying Puritan up to a modern day.

I hope this is not considered spam as its not intended to be, but, I have been dropping in on this TL occasionally over the past few years and enjoying it tremendously and was hoping to maybe pay homage to it by making a somewhat fancier map of either Europe (in vectors) or a larger and more polished pixel map of the world, a 2K BAM perhaps since I hate worldas but am not sadistic enough to make a Q BAM for a TL that isnt my own.

Would people like that?

I hope this is not considered spam as its not intended to be, but, I have been dropping in on this TL occasionally over the past few years and enjoying it tremendously and was hoping to maybe pay homage to it by making a somewhat fancier map of either Europe (in vectors) or a larger and more polished pixel map of the world, a 2K BAM perhaps since I hate worldas but am not sadistic enough to make a Q BAM for a TL that isnt my own.

Would people like that?
Sure

Would people like that?
That would be awesome.